It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.2 magnitude quake off Fiji

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Man I was just in Fiji two and a half weeks ago. Glad it didn't happen then.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
With 29 DEEP eq's ongong this is a major geological event...... Indonesia, Lombok and spreading out globally ....

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
yep a 6.9 just hit indonesia at 20k deep...

Im keeping my eye on these, interesting stuff. least im out the way in Scotland.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
WOW rangers out at yellow stone old faithful shining a spot light on it at 1:00 in the morning???? This Fiji EQ must have them spooked!!!! it was just on the live stream!!

I have to ask..what is the logic jump you used to try and associate those two?

If you have never been to Yellowstone then it's probably hard to grasp how much of a living, breathing and changing thing the park is. Rangers doing anything at all times of the night and day are not uncommon.
edit on 19-8-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
When I lived in Alaska there was a 7.1. It's hard to believe how much everything shakes. You see it in movies and tv and you just can't imagine it until it happens.

The scary thing when you live in earthquake zones is every time the shaking starts, you don't know if this one is gonna be a 4 or a 9.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelicIRage
That's massive, they're getting bigger and bigger every year. It doesnt look good for the future.

Um, no they're not. There's been 9.0+ earthquakes 5 times in the last century. How is an 8.2 bigger than that?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Lol its not fine? I'm sorry?

If he has friends that live and work in the Fiji islands, they say they aren't having problems.

That's first hand accounts

So tell me exactly how things aren't fine
edit on 19-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelicIRage
That's massive, they're getting bigger and bigger every year. It doesnt look good for the future.

It was 350 miles deep....

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

And everything is not fine not even close.....

No really, everything is fine, its business as normal there and at all the resorts.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I think Tsunami warning was issued for Australia? Trying to find link.

A powerful 8.2-magnitude earthquake occurred in the Pacific Ocean near the islands of Fiji and Tonga on Sunday morning local time, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS). The powerful tremor struck off Ndoi Island, Fiji. However there is no tsunami threat from the earthquake because it was too deep.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Looks like an active weekend.

A trio of intense earthquakes shook several islands in the South Pacific and Indonesia on Sunday, including two on the already battered island of Lombok. The most recent major quake was a 6.9 magnitude tremor centered just 4 kilometers south of Belanting, on the Indonesian island of Lombok.

Read more here

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
The number of subsequent deep eq's in short order is staggering we're witnessing a historical geologic event folks !!
this is history unfolding right in front of us its recording is unprecedented !

I'm actually a seismologist and have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Yes I am also expecting in Europe. It can be Marmara sea as well as it is still active and the stress is getting bigger plus it is already late. I also think these activites are connected to the sun eclipse just happened. It severely caused some earthquakes in 1998 and now it started again. I checked the pattern in that year, they are close to the ones happening this year. I hope nothing happens of course but its unevidable.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Hey it has two pages! Probably the the fault of whichever political party you agree/disagree with /s

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Please do, been there myself and is beautiful, hoping anyone you know are/will be okay.

Hmm quakes coming soon? will keep an eye on this

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We have a video of what this looked like on the live spectrographs, just posted it up a couple days ago incase anyone wants to see:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
6.2 off Oregon and a 7.3 in Venezuela. Fiji seems to have stirred up things.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join