It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.2 magnitude quake off Fiji

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just saw this pop up, no tsunami warning as yet, but best to keep an eye on it

Will post sources as they come

mobile.twitter.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 18/8/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

That's a pretty big one!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If it's that deep there's probably no tsunami or much damage. But that's a good size quake!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

If that were the case, TrueAmerican, Puterman and Muzzy would all be back on the site posting up a storm about it.

Face it, for someone who fancies himself an EQ prophet, you're simply not that good. None of your claims have panned out, whether or not you move the date goalposts.
edit on Sat Aug 18 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There have been a lot of big quakes lately it seems. That is a huge one. Hope and pray because it was deep damage is limited and no one died.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have friends in Fiji, I have been trying to get ahold of them but nothing yet, Ill let you guys know if i hear anything

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Pretty big one. Not my area of expertise. The YT video claims you have to add to the quake depending on Depth, in this case a full 1.1. In the comments of the YT video they imply the quakes that happened in NZ prior to this are the same movement just in a different spot of the plates and that it still could keep moving North. I have no idea. Where are our resident EQ Geeks?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Also watch for the reaction of your animals they have a sixth sense a little bit of time before an EQ strikes.....

edit on 18-8-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit
And lights in the sky, don't forget lights in the sky.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I need an end of the world sign meme that i can just post LOL

a reply to: LookingAtMars

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Each magnitude is 10x the amplitude of the previous one. I thought there was something wrong with the earthquake globe when I saw the 8.2 magnitude quake. By the antipodal theory, there would be a big one in Europe next, France or Italy.

www.earthquake3d.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Do yall remember the older days of ATS this thread would have multiple pages
by now i miss those days its why i joined

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think Tsunami warning was issued for Australia? Trying to find link.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
WOW rangers out at yellow stone old faithful shining a spot light on it at 1:00 in the morning???? This Fiji EQ must have them spooked!!!! it was just on the live stream!!
edit on 19-8-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That's massive, they're getting bigger and bigger every year. It doesnt look good for the future.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
By the antipodal theory, there would be a big one in Europe next, France or Italy.

Really? The antipodal point of Fiji is in Mali, a country of western Africa, not in France.

Ah, I see. You mix up an ex-colony with its ex-colonizer.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The number of subsequent deep eq's in short order is staggering we're witnessing a historical geologic event folks !!
this is history unfolding right in front of us its recording is unprecedented !

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
The number of subsequent deep eq's in short order is staggering we're witnessing a historical geologic event folks !!
this is history unfolding right in front of us its recording is unprecedented !

Jeez man, what kind of tom foolery gets an off topic post removed in a dang earthquake thread? LOL

I agree with you to some degree. With all the activity, it would seem something big is gonna pop soon. BUT, it could just as well just fizzle out and that's that. Either way is warrants eyes on at all time right now.
edit on 8 19 2018 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelicIRage
That's massive, they're getting bigger and bigger every year. It doesnt look good for the future.

How are they getting bigger every year? Every year there are a few large earthquakes. Last year and this year so far, as far quieter than the two years preceding. So that's not really true. There may be 1 8.something a year (sometimes none), it's not uncommon. If there were 5 8.something earthquakes in a year, then I'd be getting worried.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join