It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows thieves running over woman after botched robbery attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
On Friday, shortly after withdrawing $75,000 for "legitimate business purposes," a woman was attacked by at least 2 thieves who ran her over after failing to snatch the money. During the attempt, the victim's husband attempted to intervene but was entangled by one of the robber's accomplices. At some point the accomplice begins hitting and kicking both victims before running her over with their vehicle and striking the assisting husband.

www.foxnews.com...

A second vehicle pulled up after the SUV and another suspect got out of the car, said Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman. "That’s the individual that we got some pretty good quality video of."

The victim's husband, who was inside the business at the time, ran outside and attacked the robber. A second robber intervened before leaving to jump into the car. The husband and wife were attempting to fight off the first robber who was seen on video gripping the purse before the second robber reverses the sedan, running over the couple before fleeing. The woman was able to hold onto her bag with the money.

“Right after that, our deputy observed what’s going on from a distance,” Herman said. "He gets there. There’s some other citizens that did also come to the aid of the victim.”

From the story, it appears they were able to get decent footage of the robber's accomplice. Hopefully they solve this quickly, and bring these violent robbery suspects to justice.

Very disturbing video, it is incredible she wasn't killed by the vehicle

edit on 8/18/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When they find them they should run over them.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Scums!
This is why I open carry.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Dirty low life scum.

Should send these criminals to the front line of war.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That would have went a different way had the owners been armed.

Those two deserve LIFE without the possibility of parole.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Judging by the position of the pants waistline, it’s the usual suspects. A couple of good boys turning their life’s around. Church going aspiring rapers, the victims acted stupidly, and if that guy had a son.......you get it, when will Americans wake up and have an honest discussion on this obvious problem.. 13% of population 53% of the crime

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
That would have went a different way had the owners been armed.

Those two deserve LIFE without the possibility of parole.

My thoughts exactly neo96

It is a shame she wasn't armed and able to stop the attack before she wound up under the car. To have that kind of disregard for another's life shows these two do not belong in society. Closest thing to justice she'll probably get is watching these (hopefully soon to be captured) robbers waste away in the penitentiary knowing they didn't manage to steal a dime from her

I'd say she has the stats on her side at least, I think FBIs UCR has robbery listed as an ~85% clearance rate

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That lady had a good grip.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Just a hunch...

Some bank employee tipped these guys off about the large cash withdrawal.

Guessing it wont take long to figure this one out.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
1. Kung fu grip for real.
2. Inside man for sure.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They might have gotten the money were it not for the low riding idiots not wearing a belt.
Police were able to arrest the suspects by positive witness ID of their underwear.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Those two deserve LIFE without the possibility of parole

Actually, those two deserve DEATH without the possibility of LIFE...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My guess would be they knew what they were after. Unless there was a string of purse snatchings. She was being followed ...My guess

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I carry and will unload the magazine in anyone within bullet range, and their friends within range, for any threat to my property, life, or well being.

This video is why. A friend willing to be present, is a friend willing to carry the felony as well. In my book, you're willing to carry the same bullets intended for the active attacker. If you can get the same charges, you can get the same bullets.

Don't have friends that would do this.

If that day comes, I will answer to a jury for my chosen actions, but I guarantee you will only be answering to God.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I hope they find who set this up. I can't see this being random and 75k is a lot to some.

top topics

join