It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smart phone and your vision

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Is 'sh!t-ton' a standard or metric unit of measure?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Is 'sh!t-ton' a standard or metric unit of measure?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
LED monitors and TVs are bad on the eyes too. It is not just the smartphones, there is a lot of evidence that verifies eye degenerative diseases being related to LED

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
LED monitors and TVs are bad on the eyes too. It is not just the smartphones, there is a lot of evidence that verifies eye degenerative diseases being related to LED

Thank you for backing up what I wrote.

Actually my statement on this thread was about an eye doctor on TV yesterday showing how eye disease is or can be a result from using the smart phones and was shown with all the instruments on how the disease progress with no cure if caught too late.

Us old timers remember when color tv came out, the first thing the sales person said "don't sit close to the TV", I still remember them words.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: musicismagic
It is advise that you keep 30cm away from reading your smart phone.

This is America, no one uses that stupid Metric System here! But if we did that's like 50 feet anyway so how would we even see the screen?

The whole world uses centimeters - even in the US science uses the metric system.

Learn it :

30 centimeter is about 12 inches.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
The whole world uses centimeters - even in the US science uses the metric system.

Learn it :

30 centimeter is about 12 inches.

No! It's stupid! Plus I like having to check difficult conversions online.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: rickymouse

Thank you for backing up what I wrote.

Actually my statement on this thread was about an eye doctor on TV yesterday showing how eye disease is or can be a result from using the smart phones and was shown with all the instruments on how the disease progress with no cure if caught too late.

Us old timers remember when color tv came out, the first thing the sales person said "don't sit close to the TV", I still remember them words.
The frequencies of the LED are very intense in the visual spectrum they target. They can cause permanent eye damage, especially to old people. We are bombarded by this light, even the lightbulbs have the bright frequencies. We only buy the softer LED lights for our house and some of our bulbs will remain the traditional ones.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is totally correct, blue light LED's are actually the worst culprit's of this and traditional incandescent bulb's while using more leccy are a lot less harmful to our eye's.
Not sure but if I remember there was some claim that OLED are actually also better than normal LED in the spectrum they produce and potentially less harmful but given they are a later technology that may simply be down to better engineering of the end product.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I heard that excessive use of phones and other gadgets can cause myopia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join