It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smart phone and your vision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It is advise that you keep 30cm away from reading your smart phone. Alcohol, stress and tobacco cause some eye diseases. I didn't know about the smart phone, what can happen over time is that a black horse shoe ring enters your vision, this is very dangerous and can lead to blindness.
edit on 0800000008122018-08-13T06:12:08-05:00120808am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
It is advise that you keep 30cm away from reading your smart phone.

This is America, no one uses that stupid Metric System here! But if we did that's like 50 feet anyway so how would we even see the screen?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is America, no one uses that stupid Metric System here! But if we did that's like 50 feet anyway so how would we even see the screen?

Come on dude, it's almost 12 inches.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

[

Thanks for pointing that out, I was able to read your typing because I am a safe 1 kilometer away from my tablet's screen.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

[

Thanks for pointing that out, I was able to read your typing because I am a safe 1 kilometer away from my tablet's screen.

In spiritual thoughts only, right.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thread killed.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Do you have a source?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Yeah, the complete world is stupid, only the few wrong-way-drivers drive on the right side of the road, right.

And that 50 feet thing, does the metrical system hinder you from using the web the right way and to find a converter? Like the whole world has to, if the few wrong-way-drivers come up with that silly IMPERIAL(i know why the "U"S wants to keep it xD) system?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Yeah, the complete world is stupid...

You said it, not me, but yeah, I agree.

Dividing by ten? Hah, too simple.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My niece bought me one of those I thingy's recently (The last time I used an apple it had a small floppy disc slot under the screen and a separate keyboard and mouse, pig ugly old computer but it was thought rather sexy back then) and I can't even see the screen on it to read the text so have to use a large magnifier and it stays on my desk, no way I am microwaving my liver carrying that thing around with me.
I know I need glasses but woman these day's often look better without them so I have put off getting a new pair for a while now.

edit on 13-8-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The last time I said "Come on dude, it's almost 12 inches" everyone stared at me with utter disbelief, till I pulled out my trichocereus pachanoi cutting !

We laughed and laughed... No one could sit down for a week afterwards though.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
The last time I said "Come on dude, it's almost 12 inches" everyone stared at me with utter disbelief, till I pulled out my trichocereus pachanoi cutting !

I've always wondered about men that brag about the length of their trichocereus pachanoi cuttings.

Be that as it may, you should see my Stapelia Variagata succulent.
edit on 13-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
My niece bought me one of those I thingy's recently (The last time I used an apple it had a small floppy disc slot under the screen and a separate keyboard and mouse, pig ugly old computer but it was thought rather sexy back then) and I can't even see the screen on it to read the text so have to use a large magnifier and it stays on my desk, no way I am microwaving my liver carrying that thing around with me.
I know I need glasses but woman these day's often look better without them so I have put off getting a new pair for a while now.

you know. phones these days can be used as a magnifying glass. You could just use your phone.

My samsung is only a 5inch screen, was normal once. But seeing people now with phablets that other people once said they'd never use because they're too big, is something. I used to have a galaxy tab 10inch, with a sim slot so I used it as a phone. No different really, with the ear bud/mic.

Now that was a lot easier to read text on. Phones this small need zoom buttons as much as volume buttons. How come you can change how loud something is, but not how easy to read it is?

Hey, I could be on to something there...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: SummerRain

I've always wondered about men that brag about the length of their trichocereus pachanoi cuttings.

lmao

Ahh, it's not the size of the cactus, it's how sharp the spines are, that counts.

.. Ohh Stapelia Variagata, I have never seen those, they are gorgeous. Starfish plant? Adding that to my list!

edit on 13-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ever since I got a smart phone my eyesight has gotten progressively worse when I had ZERO problems before. Yes I know age is a factor but I can literally chart my eye appointment to issues within 6 months later after getting a smart phone

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Smart Phones may not be smart at all. I mean when someone leaves the phone at home often and even let's their computer go idle on never turning it off doesn't mean their always on them. It could mean someone is trying to fool the sensors all the time and 5G radiation burns suck along with sleep deprivation.
Some people don't worship technology but rather know the best quantum computers are biologically gifted to them at birth, the body, brain and angel soft. ooooahhhhaummmmm Aumananda Blessings to All that they may be the knower.
edit on 07/01/2017 by LostGods because: uploading the unobtainable soul

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostGods
...and 5G radiation burns suck...

What is a 5G radiation burn?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
No, it's 5 Gradiation Burns. As in going down a slide (gradiation) with no underpants on and you get friction burn. Do it 5 times, you get 5 Gradiation burn. Simples.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh another measuring thread.....

This is still NOT 9"

(----------------------------------------------)

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Is 'sh!t-ton' a standard or metric unit of measure?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join