It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Sounds interesting, Light .

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hi there Autorico.. hope your day is going well and it’s cool enough for you.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Going good thank you, how about you? The temp is great for me, not so much everyone else lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is the site slow for anyone else? It seems to be taking a long time to load pages

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Going good thank you, how about you? The temp is great for me, not so much everyone else lol.

How’s it going for me ? It’s going... one day at a time.

I think someone just tried to walk into my apartment though. The door was locked, and I heard it bang against the doorframe twice. Then I heard what was like picking at my lock ( it’s the coded kind ) .. so I started walking towards the door. The hallway makes quite a bit of creaking noise when walked on ,and so they heard me and took off before I could get to the peephole.

Heard the hallway door open and close, and I just stood there thinking WTF just happened ? 😳

Anyhow , that’s all the exciting news I have for now 😕

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Holy crap that's scary. Crime is getting out of control in our little city
And the justice system is a freaking joke.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Holy crap that's scary. Crime is getting out of control in our little city
And the justice system is a freaking joke.

Could have just been some kids in the building, but that’s bad enough as well. Two years ago ( before they changed to coded locks ) some young lads must have found keys outside and were trying them on different apartments. I opened the door when they got to mine, and just gave them the eyeball. They looked so scared, lol, and stammered that they thought this was their place. 🙄. Yeah right, I thought . Was going to march them home to explain what happened to their parents . I think both were latchkey kids though, and I was sure the parents weren’t home yet.. so I just let it go.

Those two kids were so polite to me whenever they saw me after that.. lol

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

In the 3 years since we moved from Surrey to here, we have had our vehicle broken into 2 times, the back window of the suv broken and a drunk driver crash into our old Jimmy, totalling it.

Edit: And someone shot a BB through our front screen door.
edit on 7-9-2018 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have you seen Hereditary? It's a good horror flick, a bit of a slow burn, but really creepy and worth a watch.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Wow.. that sucks Autorico... hopefully you’ve had your run of bad luck for awhile.

Night won’t be back until later today... she’s out with a friend.

I will be back later as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Okie dokie, have a good one!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Been having a blast playing with the new vacuum this afternoon
I settled on a Shark, and WOW, the reputation for ridiculously good suction is very well earned! You know that old entendre, "Could suck the chrome off a bumper"? It applies, haha.

The carpets downstairs have had multiple passes (4...I really like this machine, lol) to get up what the Hoover no longer could, and I swear the carpet in the hall and in the living room are now a different shade than the stairs are just from super-sucking huge amounts of dust and dirt up from so deep in the fibers
I plan on doing an autumn shampoo of the carpets this month, so this is going to help greatly by getting that much lingering junk up.

I've used our Hoover from the day I bought it way back when to vacuum the small throw rug we have in front of the kitchen sink, it's always done a great job (aside from in it's death throes as of late) This new one has a bare floor setting for hard floors, and yes, I absolutely vacuumed my kitchen (much better job than the broom does, too) The suction is less strong for bare floors than it is for carpet, but it works exceptionally well. It didn't even spit anything back out like every other vacuum I've ever had did.

Then I eyeballed that old rug and though, "Ok, it probably needs it this week." Um. Well. I learned real quick that the brush roller setting for carpets has entirely too much suction for that rug, it almost ate it XD The Hoover NEVER did that unless I went over the edges accidentally. The Shark in the center of the rug? "NOM NOM, GIMME THAT!" It sucked it up into the roller area a bit, I about had a heart attack (along with spitting out some panicked curses & scrambling to turn off the machine) The bare floor setting is more than enough to get that clean, I get the hint, lol.

And one of the biggest pluses is that it's very quiet. The Hoover sounds like a 747 taking off, by comparison. I could actually hear my kids over the vacuum for once. It's so quiet that I could definitely run it at night and not feel guilty about making noise to annoy the neighbors, hubby says you can't really hear the Shark much outside, even with all the doors and windows open.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

New toys are fun

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

New toys are fun

They sure are! I haven't had this much fun with a new toy since the pressure washer we bought back in spring

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I inherited a Dyson vacuum-cleaner. Expensive but effective and the best thing is it doesn't need a bag. It has a collection bin that is detachable and you just empty it. I'm glad I inherited it as there is no way I could afford several hundred dollars for a vacuum-cleaner.

Pointless Trivia: Some brand names replaced the name of the thing itself. In England most people call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover because it used to be the most well-known (and possibly popular) brand. Same thing (in England again) with sticky tape. Everyone used to call it Sellotape. Well, until the 80's and then all of a sudden there was something called double-sided sticky-tape. It used to be a requisite for children's TV programmes encouraging children to build a space-station or Mother's Day gift using an empty washing-up liquid bottle and the cardboard inside 2 toilet rolls, among other things.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello". I've been enjoying reading the posts...everything from golden toilets to new vacuum cleaners, lol.

I went out this afternoon and treated myself to a couple of things from the Salvation Army store and the Dollar Store. For less than $20 I came home with a new top, skirt and shoes to wear to Sunday service...some face cream, good shampoo and even a case for my cell phone.

Now I'm going to cook (ok grilled cheese isn't really cooking) some supper then settle in to read/lurk here for a bit.
Hope everyone is having a good Friday.
Jacy xoxo

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Waves hello! Got home a little while ago. Pretty tired and a bit achy, but I'm here.

Brent, no I haven't seen that movie, but it looks great! Tuesday I will be seeing The Nun. Spooky! Yay!

Jacy you eating peanut butter cookies tonight? I thought of you when I passed the bakery department. LOL
edit on 7-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Ooooh girlfriend, I love second hand stores and the dollar store! So many amazing bargains!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
I'm always reading here how people are having a difficult time falling asleep.
So I thought of a possible solution.

This song I recorded a couple of days ago may be just the thing to knock you out.

Heck I almost fell asleep singing it.
So here as a public service for you,
is my recording of the old song from looooong ago,
"Dream."

Pleasant dreams.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

You do a wonderful job of that beautiful song ,Errollorre . Thank you for sharing !

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join