It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Mommy, stop trying to pawn me off to a far away Country.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Mommy, stop trying to pawn me off to a far away Country.

Lol.. don’t worry dear.. you’re not going anywhere you don’t want to go.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Your owls talk to you? Only the ones in the Shed talk to me.

They do ask too many questions.. always saying “who.. who.. who” .. like they are on a detective hunt 😆

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Hi Nyiah! Yum, Chinese food! Love it! When exactly is your Birthday? We'll be sure to have a Shed party that day. My Mom's Birthday would have been the 18th of this Month. My oldest Brother's birthday was yesterday.

Did the restaurant have any koi fish? To look at, not eat. LOL

This Sunday, and I already know what to expect for the gift -- hubby's taking me out vacuum shopping tomorrow for a new one
I know every guy reading the thread just read that with suspicion, or maybe incredulity, lol. The one gift that is stereotypical "guy suicide" is the kind I like the most -- tools, appliances or gadgets that make the house run smoother or make it easier to keep clean
I'm not big on the trinket stuff like jewelry, I never wear it, so I find it to be a waste. This kind of useful stuff makes my heart pitter-patter the quickest.

The old Hoover is older than the kids, and dying a slow, but steady death. The motor can take no more tune-ups, and the hose connection to the base of the machine is both shot and not fixable, so either I duct tape it on to maintain suction (well, dying suction) as just an attachmentless vacuum, or we get a new one. It's necessary, it's useful, that's the two key points I tell people to keep in mind for gifts, this was a welcome birthday idea

Edit: Oops, I'm so excited over vacuum shopping that I forgot to answer about the koi pond you asked about. No, the one we go to doesn't have one. They're pretty minimal on the decor all around, really, but they more than make up for it with super-attentive employees and extremely delicious food. They have no trouble keeping customers flowing in versus the fancy buffet down the road (that DOES have a koi pond) with not very good fare to munch on. They're not awful, but not particularly great either. Our place has nothing to worry about from competition.
edit on 9/6/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Shhhh. 🤫... It’s quiet time in the Shed .

I will politely ask the lurkers to quit coughing, sneezing, etc. There are peeps in here trying to sleep... some maybe even have gone into eternal slumber.

You... yes you.. lurker number one I’ll call you. Why do you insist on taking one bite of a donut and then tossing it back.

Is your spit worth more than gold ? Are the donuts not to your liking ? 🤨

And lurker number 2 ...if you want to join the jammie party.. you can’t use your birthday suit as jammies.🙄

Lurker number 3 ... 🤔.. ahhh never mind .

Time for me to get some zzzz’s too.

G’night peeps... may you all have a pleasant day/evening/night

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You posted while I was writing out my post.. didn’t mean to make it sound like I was telling you to shhh.

Nobody was posting but me when I authored my last post.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

That was a great read!

No jewelry? OMG! Between the jewelry I have received as gifts, inherited, created or bought for myself, I could open my own shop. LOL

If it were me, I would have told Mark, I'll pitch in for a vacuum, but I want jewelry or clothes, especially clothes.

So Sunday Shed party for you it is.
I'm waiting for my late night call, so if I disappear, that's why. I'll still be checking in though. Oh...how young will you be? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Whatever you buy ... get a powered head and make sure it seems to have some power as apposed to sounding like it is an effort.

P

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You... yes you.. lurker number one I’ll call you. Why do you insist on taking one bite of a donut and then tossing it back.

I took a bite and it had ketchup in it.

Made by an American in DC no doubt.

The others had mayo in them.

Would someone please train the pixies on what does and does not belong in the recipe.

Thanks heaps.

P

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

What is wrong with the pixie lately? Good grief, we can't have mayo and catchup in or on donuts. That's just wrong!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Would someone please train the pixies on what does and does not belong in the recipe. Thanks heaps.

Apparently there was some new fangled pixie chef playing with flavours... your lucky you didn’t get onion and garlic.

She wants to know how you feel about bacon ? She’s actually very creative, if you give her half a chance. 😜

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Well, if you put bacon in anything then the ketchup needs to go back in.

Perhaps have labels to tell us what's in the donuts.

Feeling really down this week.

Three kids and not one visit on Fathers day (last Sunday for us down under.)

Hurts!

P

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Feeling really down this week. Three kids and not one visit on Fathers day (last Sunday for us down under.) Hurts!

Sometimes kids can be too wrapped up in their own lives, or too insensitive in the moment, to see what would mean so much to their parents. Father’s Day is a big one.. I feel bad with you pheonix ☹️.

Try not to take it too personally.. kids just don’t get it at times.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Awwwww, Hunny, I'm so sorry to hear that! I was wondering why you weren't popping in. That is so sad. Did any call or send a card?
HUGS!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Those kids will regret being so thoughtless one day.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Those kids will regret being so thoughtless one day.

I know they will.

Don’t think I ever forgot a Father’s Day or Mother’s Day, but I was thoughtless in other ways at certain times.

Hindsight is 20/20 , and if only we could have a redo of certain days or moments.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
G’night for realsies 😆

Zzzz

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Shhhh. 🤫... It’s quiet time in the Shed .

I will politely ask the lurkers to quit coughing, sneezing, etc. There are peeps in here trying to sleep... some maybe even have gone into eternal slumber.

Is your spit worth more than gold ? Are the donuts not to your liking ? 🤨

And lurker number 2 ...if you want to join the jammie party.. you can’t use your birthday suit as jammies.🙄

Lurker number 3 ... 🤔.. ahhh never mind .

Time for me to get some zzzz’s too.

G’night peeps... may you all have a pleasant day/evening/night

I have a very specific set of skills..........

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We never do cards, but not even a call or message until 9.45pm when I got a text of three words, 'Happy fathers day.'

I almost sent back 'No it wasn't.'

Thanks all.

P

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Jiminy!!!!!!!! Miss you! I only see you once in a while when we cross paths in other threads. Mostly the music ones I believe.

Now what's this about 'a very specific set of skills'?

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join