It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is a Lot Easier to Act Presidential than to Do What I do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess you have been waiting all your life and are still waiting huh KrAzY?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: TinySickTears

Giant Dick? That was Hillarys husband Bill Acting Presidential.....

1st page and it's already deflection to Obama, bill and Hillary.
Ha

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Is there something wrong with having high standards and not bending for them? Because the way you say that to me suggests that you think there is.
edit on 8-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Words

Only 2 options then?

No, of course not. I'm just not clear on why a "giant dick" is a bad thing. It's not like he's coming to your house for dinner.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

We are talking about being presidential. To have that conversation you need comparisons. Otherwise you are simply bitching...like you are doing.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You're right. Trump proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you don't need to act Presidential to be the President. You just have to tell people what they want to hear (no matter how insane or unrealistic) and be showman doing it.

I suppose you're lamenting the fact that he isn't saying things you want to hear?

Yeah what can I say? I happen to like hearing truths, inclusive rhetoric, and not being told I'm a traitor to my country for supporting certain politics.

I suppose you might need to pick and choose between good words and good results.

I don't even see that choice as being available with Trump. He sucks at both of those things.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You're right. Trump proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you don't need to act Presidential to be the President. You just have to tell people what they want to hear (no matter how insane or unrealistic) and be showman doing it.

I suppose you're lamenting the fact that he isn't saying things you want to hear?

Yeah what can I say? I happen to like hearing truths, inclusive rhetoric, and not being told I'm a traitor to my country for supporting certain politics.

I suppose you might need to pick and choose between good words and good results.

I don't even see that choice as being available with Trump. He sucks at both of those things.

His presidency isn't even over, so I'm not sure how you know the results yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Not at all. If you do not like someone I am not going to tell you to like them and I would expect the same respect.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Why do I need to wait 4 years to decide if Trump is a good President or not? It's been pretty obvious from day 1 that he was one of the worst Presidents we've ever had. I really don't see that changing within the next 2 years.
edit on 8-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I will say it again, I think a president should be able to make a decision and have the strength of wil to stand by whatever decision. I think they should have the strength of will to stand by a lie. and not give in the peer pressure or whatever. To me this is a real weakness for our current president. You can say how "flexible " you are but not be able to even stand because you stand for nothing. it constantly changes no principles.

link   

Is it too much to ask to have both a non-politician AND someone who is not a complete ass?

link   

Why do I need to wait 4 years to decide if Trump is a good President or not? It's been pretty obvious from day 1 that he was one of the worst Presidents we've ever had.

You don't. You could say he is a bad president for day one. But I'm speaking of the results of his presidency, which are not even available yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I agree but do you thin this president has shown that he has the ability to stick by a tough decision? or will he say no you guys were right I was wrong because a poll came out and said he was wrong??

link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Is it too much to ask to have both a non-politician AND someone who is not a complete ass?

I'm just curious how being a "complete ass" is a bad thing, especially when you are not dealing with him in any personal way.

link   

How's Puerto Rico doing right now?

link   

edit on 8-8-2018 by lamphead444 because: Mistake

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just what does 'acting presidential' mean? It is like saying 'common sense' gun control or we need a 'living wage'.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This response wins, I know that’s why I wanted him! MAGA This man LOVES HIS COUNTRY, that’s literally all I want and hope for from my president. a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

About 92 degrees, sunny and rain in the afternoon....

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I agree but do you thin this president has shown that he has the ability to stick by a tough decision? or will he say no you guys were right I was wrong because a poll came out and said he was wrong??

I think this president is more instinctual and practical than dogmatic, but psychoanalyzing him is for the birds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join