It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is a Lot Easier to Act Presidential than to Do What I do

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Words

I'd like a president that wasn't a giant asshole.
Would be nice

I don’t give a damn if President Trump hurts your feelings. I care about his results. We need more like him and we are gonna have a lot more after midterms.

The Democrats keep talking about their blue ripple. The Teump wave is just getting started. Politicians can see what the people are voting for and they will act accordingly or not get voted in.

Some of President Trump’s tweets make me cringe a little and sometimes I wish he wouldn’t tweet some of the things he does but overall I like the guy and I like his approach.

My biggest criticism for President Trump is that he didn’t take that wall deal a few months back but we’ll have it made after the midterms if we can keep the majority. After the midterms it’s gonna be Wall time big time you watch, mark my words right here. Full wall funding will be passed after the midterms and construction will begin immediately.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

So you vote for someone even worse at lying? Trump is a blatant and really bad serial liar. His lies have dumbed down our politics (or arguably our electorate) to an immeasurable degree. Keep that rationale going strong righties, it's another day at the ATS Trump excuse/deflection-circus.

Most, if not all of his criticism revolves around his rhetoric, or more accurately, your own reactionary feelings that result from it. What kind of substantive, results-oriented criticism can you offer?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bush was not responsible for Katrina. Mayor Nagy was and they re-elected him. Stupid is as stupid does. His predecessors. They are the ones responsible for the death of those people as well as the ones who rode it out.

Man, you will try to blame anything on Trump....

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

Would be nice

Like I said, most want someone who makes them feel better.

Nah. I've been in the Military. Lot's of great leaders that are tough as nails, lead by example, but aren't A-holes.

I read a lot of history books. The best presidents aren't A-Holes. George Washington comes to mind, Eisenhower, etc.

It's really easy to not be a A-hole, unless you are an A-hole.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You know, after 2 decades of pussies and tele-prompter readers and people starting wars for daddy I think what we need in office is an asshole. You see, sometimes an asshole is someone who tells it like it is but then later on you say to yourself, wow, if that person was not an asshole this would have never gotten done.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

you guys will not rest til we have a Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in the white house? who needs intellectuals and diplomacy when we can have a keepin it real knuckle dragger running thing?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

To be clear, I'm wonder why him "being a complete ass" is a bad thing, not whether you think him being a complete ass is a bad thing

By asking why him being a complete ass is a bad thing, you are asking why I think him being a complete ass is a bad thing.

Generally, being a complete ass is considered to be a bad thing by most people besides complete asses.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

I try to do the same but he does not say what he means and he does not do what he says.

And he's a dick

So you want him to say things in a manner you approve of? Would reading a script suffice?

i just want the president to say what he means.

why do you have a problem with that?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Would be nice

Nah. I've been in the Military. Lot's of great leaders that are tough as nails, lead by example, but aren't A-holes.

I read a lot of history books. The best presidents aren't A-Holes. George Washington comes to mind, Eisenhower, etc.

I’m speaking of politicians, just to be precise.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

I try to do the same but he does not say what he means and he does not do what he says.

And he's a dick

So you want him to say things in a manner you approve of? Would reading a script suffice?

i just want the president to say what he means.

why do you have a problem with that?

I have no problem with what you want. Hell, I want a million dollars. But my wants and desires hardly deliver the results.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

To be clear, I'm wonder why him "being a complete ass" is a bad thing, not whether you think him being a complete ass is a bad thing

By asking why him being a complete ass is a bad thing, you are asking why I think him being a complete ass is a bad thing.

Generally, being a complete ass is considered to be a bad thing by most people besides complete asses.

Homosexuality was once considered a bad thing by most people. I’m not sure believing something because most people do is that rational.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Id like some examples of him being an asshole.. Just to get an idea of what actions of his we are using to define him as being a an asshole.. Just curious..
edit on 8-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

you guys will not rest til we have a Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in the white house? who needs intellectuals and diplomacy when we can have a keepin it real knuckle dragger running thing?

That the question I’m asking. Can you provide an answer?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Would be nice

Like Trump. He's a president. Fair to compare him to other presidents. He comes up lacking. I merely point out that you can be a good, strong leader without being a jerk.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The president shouldn't being "doing' all that much.

If they are they are authoritarians.

They should be leading others to do things in a democratic way. (Congress)

It's about time we focus on congress.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: amazing

You know, after 2 decades of pussies and tele-prompter readers and people starting wars for daddy I think what we need in office is an asshole. You see, sometimes an asshole is someone who tells it like it is but then later on you say to yourself, wow, if that person was not an asshole this would have never gotten done.

You can be tough and not be a jerk. When you make fun of the disabled, females looks, can't stay off twitter, insult people that disagree with you...that's not toughness or leadership.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Would be nice

Like Trump. He's a president. Fair to compare him to other presidents. He comes up lacking. I merely point out that you can be a good, strong leader without being a jerk.

That’s fair. My contention is that one can also be a good president and a jerk at the same time.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Would be nice

Now how many examples of him being asshole was him hitting back at someone who verbally attacked and insulted him first?
edit on 8-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You can't always get what you want...….

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's a little harder to be a jerk and motivate people.

It's easy to be a jerk and be authoritarian.

Problem is when you take away the authoritarian the idea dies. Which is why inspiring and motivating people through themselves is better for society. Like Reagan and jfk..
edit on 8-8-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join