It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog sensing evil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So I have a pretty laid back easy going dog. She is smart and loving and all around a great dog.
Occasionally she'll bark at someone walking by or another dog. (she's an indoor dog) It's more of a friendly bark and doesn't last long.
Today, she was going nuts, absolutely crazy. I peeked outside to see what was out there.

It was an older lady walking. My dog started to growl and make sounds I never heard. Seriously my dog was warning us big time about the bad mojo this person was giving off. Another family member even came to see what the commotion was because they never heard her like that. I trust my dog 100%. Something was off, creepy, downright evil about the old lady walking by. I don't know if she was casing my house, if the lady was evil, but there was something really bad.

Anyone else experience something like that?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pets really do seem to have a 6th sense. My dog would run the other way if she saw something that frightened her. My cats on the other hand are a different story. I get freaked out when they stare off into a single spot...usually upwards at or towards the ceiling. My wife and I call it the "staring at Jesus" look. It's almost as freaky as waking up and seeing one of the cats staring at you.

Hopefully the creepy old lady doesn't come back around your house, but I would say trust your dogs judgement.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So you've decided an elderly lady walking past your house is evil based on your dog barking. Be careful with that judgement. It may be this grandmother is hurting and sick and your dog is picking up on that.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I can say without a doubt I don't think this lady was sick and hurting and that is why my dog was going nuts, here's why.

I have a very sick elderly relative. She isn't the nicest person either. We took my dog there. My dog was absolutely the most gentle and loving and tender with this relative. She knew our relative was sick and weak and acted accordingly. She didn't make one peep the entire time.

You know when there are people that give you the creeps, your hair stand on the back of your neck. We can sense it too, but we ignore it. Dogs don't ignore it. They will tell you right away, that is a BAD person! I'd trust a dog over a human any day of the week! (even a dog with white out eyes like your profile LOL)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Did you go out side to see if anyone else was outside ?....Maybe it wasn't the old lady ....maybe someone is stalking the old lady and your dog is trying to warn her or get you to help her from the bad person that is targeting her ?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Today, she was going nuts, absolutely crazy. I peeked outside to see what was out there.

It was an older lady walking.

*whew*

You obviously missed the creeper hiding in your bushes.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Dogs can bark for multiple reasons, it's a method of communication. I've known a few dogs that react strangely to the elderly, not sure why... I don't speak woof.

One of my old dogs used to randomly have issues with my granddad, lovely dog but occasionally it would go mental at him, damned if I know why but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion my grandfather was evil.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
So I have a pretty laid back easy going dog. She is smart and loving and all around a great dog.
Occasionally she'll bark at someone walking by or another dog. (she's an indoor dog) It's more of a friendly bark and doesn't last long.

It was an older lady walking. My dog started to growl and make sounds I never heard. Seriously my dog was warning us big time about the bad mojo this person was giving off. Another family member even came to see what the commotion was because they never heard her like that. I trust my dog 100%. Something was off, creepy, downright evil about the old lady walking by. I don't know if she was casing my house, if the lady was evil, but there was something really bad.

Anyone else experience something like that?

Usually...its me being a life-long "sensitive" that picks up strong negativity from someone-thing-place-object.

But all my dogs seem to have always sensed it too...just usually me 1st.*

*FYI: I'm sure there was SOMETHING with that woman the dog picked up. Her walk, gait, clothing...something.

Best, MS
edit on 7-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There was one dog that growled at a baby-sitter. The parents got a concealed CCTV cam and found out that the babysitter was hitting their children. Maybe this lady had done something bad to your dog like throw rubbish into the garden.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

All of the time. I can be walking the dog and pass the same age and looking people but he only lights up on one. Dogs are very good at detecting bad character.

He detests the neighbor. That individual is shady to the bone.

Good Dog!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

All I can say is poor woman!!!! Some crazed dog going nuts at her passing and an even bigger nutter thinking she is the spawn of satan!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

So I take it dogs start barking when you go for a walk!

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No more then when you do

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I had a really smart dog once. He really hated most police officers. Most, but not all. I never completely understood that. Maybe it had something to do with how he was treated as a puppy...

However, one late night I was walking him and we came upon a guy that was standing at the entrance to the stairwell at our apartment. The dog went crazy. If he hadn't been on a leash he would have used the guy like chew toy.

The guy was somewhat intimidated and stood still as a stone looking at the dog out of the corner of his eye. I apologized profusely to him indicating that I had never seen him act like this. I finally got him inside and forgot about it until the next day.

It turns out that this guy was mugging people around the apartment complex! That dog saved me a lot of aggravation, and possibly my life.

It's hard to say if your dog was keying in on the lady, or it's possible there was someone else with nefarious purposes in mind that was out of view.

I think that it pays to "listen" to our animal companions. No matter to what you attribute their heightened sense of awareness, it's clear to me that they can sense a lot of what we cannot.

-dex

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My dog leaves nothing to the imagination. When he perceives danger he breaks heel and sits directly in front of me pushing out his massive Great Dane chest. Sometimes his hackles will go up. All he needs to do is provide one warning bark!

Meanwhile, he's a kind and gentle old soul whose been around once or twice himself. He is a big spoiled baby of course but he's extremely loyal.

Trust your dog. If my dog senses danger or evil or whatever, I trust his instinct. I don't care if it's an old lady or a little kid.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think dogs can see or sense things that humans can not and I don't just mean hearing things. We had a great dog where I could tell what he was barking at (looking out the window) by the tone/frequency of the bark. From my parents, sister, mailman, UPS driver, neighbors, dogs, cats, squirels, etc, they all had a little different feel/sound. He was about 75lbs and a vicious hunter but a big baby around friendly people, great temperment.

Sometimes he would run and jump up on the couch and look out the windows and start barking and growling like a rabid dog wanting to kill someone, his entire back hackles up (much moreso than normal warning barking) and almost foaming. We can see everything for about 75 yards in front of the house and on either side, so everything is in clear view, but nothing was there. When I got close to look out the window he would push his body in front of mine, putting himself between me and the window, it seemed like he was protecting me by keeping me away from the window. I couldn't see anything and there was NOTHING I could do to get him to come away from the window, even yelling or pulling him away, he would snap (as a warning, not touching me) at me telling me he was staying there. I was probably 13-16 when these things would happen and it happened a couple times a year. After about 3-5 mins he would settle down but you could tell he had lots of anxiety after wards and would pace around the house looking out the doors, windows, and usually stay close to me or my parents afterwards. Something really upset him and we never saw anything when he got that way. Even his eyes looked different when he was acting up and afterwards, like he was worried.

I've seen him kill groundhogs many times and he was attacked by a neighbors dog a couple times and he never got as angry as when there was "nothing" outside.

When something like that happens, I usually lock the door because it just leaves a really unsettled feeling b/c I can't figure out what could possibly set him off like that.

On another note, if he heard a hot air balloon (the noise from the flame torch), even from miles away, he'd run away like being chased by death itself and hide between the back of a couch and the wall, all wedged in and stuck sometimes.

So who knows when it comes to animals.?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler I totally agree with your post. Dogs have supersenses that mean they can detect sickness and even an oncoming brain bleed, or heart attack. They can also sense when people are sad or depressed. Imagining a dog is sensing evil is purely your judgement call. After kepping dogs for many years and studying their behaviour I know they can't sense 'evil', because most dogs would probably lick the hand of the worst criminal or sinner, same as they would with a saint.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Although this didn't involve dogs, I'm familiar with a case where an entire group of horses always reacted negatively to the presence of a woman who suffered from severe mental illness. She herself owned a horse and would regularly visit the stable. I'm fairly sure she never did anything bad to the horses (as there were always other people around who would have noticed), but the horses always became very uneasy around her. It seemed like they sensed something was "off" about her, perhaps from her body language or scent. I think most animals who are regularly around humans are very observant of our behavior, and can identify any kind of unusual behavior. Horses have also been known to act more gentle around people who are sick or disabled.
edit on 8-12-2018 by aneliese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpBox

Yeah, I think the most likely explanation is that the dog sensed some kind of serious illness in the old woman.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Animals absolutely have a 6th sense about reading people. Mine are really good at picking the asshole out of the crowd (usually my mother) The cat hisses at her and the bird and rabbit try to bit her when she tries to pet them.

They're really laid back toward other people, but they hate her in particular. She's also forceful about trying to pet animals who don't want to be touched (she seriously thinks she knows better than the owner does) so there's also that to consider.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join