It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Hospital on "trauma lock down" due to too many shooting 59+vics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It seems you here shootings in Chicago are as bad if not worst than those of current and past modern times war zones. Our great civil rights leaders need to recognize this is a bad stain to their agenda's. Right or wrong this leaves an image of the minorities that causes fear of the same minorities in other parts of the country. Call me a racist if you want i fear similar circumstances near my home to the point i go out of the way to keep my kids from fraternizing with people in this neighborhood.

Our leaders are standing by while this happens and they need to step up or people will begin to believe these people get a free pass because of their skin color.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I wonder why are there so many shootings, and how much longer "Leaders" in Chicago will allow it to go on?

Is someone paying them off?

If so. Who?

Maybe it is time to actually investigate this matter Federally. Maybe the people of Chicago should speak out for it to end. If they don't, maybe Illinois should, and since neither of them seem to be conerned with it. Next step FED.

edit on 5-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
It seems you here shootings in Chicago are as bad if not worst than those of current and past modern times war zones. Our great civil rights leaders need to recognize this is a bad stain to their agenda's. Right or wrong this leaves an image of the minorities that causes fear of the same minorities in other parts of the country. Call me a racist if you want i fear similar circumstances near my home to the point i go out of the way to keep my kids from fraternizing with people in this neighborhood.

Our leaders are standing by while this happens and they need to step up or people will begin to believe these people get a free pass because of their skin color.

Well, we don't call it "Chiraq" for nothing.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Protecting citizens is the cornerstone of our rep-gov.

Time to call the national guard in and clean it up. The gangs are running the show and you are 100% right something is going on.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

Time to call the national guard in and clean it up. The gangs are running the show and you are 100% right something is going on.

To be honest, no on cares. The violence in Chicago is mostly contained to the south and west sides of the city. These are not areas that any productive citizen or tourist would ever be. These areas are a good 10 miles outside of the area that most people think of when you say "Chicago".

Almost all of it is gang / thug related.

As long as it stays in the hood, politicians and residents generally don't care. However, let there be a shootout on North Ave beach or down on Oak Street or Michigan Avenue; you will see the city jump into action.

I stopped caring. There is nothing that can be done to save them. It is literally an entire generation gone culturally. The dysfunction is too deep. It is what it is...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Maybe it is time to actually investigate this matter Federally. Maybe the people of Chicago should speak out for it to end. If they don't, maybe Illinois should, and since neither of them seem to be conerned with it. Next step FED.

With sleazy Rahm Emanuel as mayor, I’d say that’s a good idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Easy to keep up with Chicago stats ......

Chicago Jackass site

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 287
Shot & Wounded: 1509
Total Shot: 1796
Total Homicides: 341

😨

Welcome to Chiraq! 😥

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Metallicus
It really might become the next Detroit. They do have a lot of jobs unlike Detroit, but who wants to live in a war zone? I know I wouldn’t want to live there.

Parts of Detroit are being redeveloped and the Downtown is fine, much better than it was. The neighborhoods......not so much. Detroit has a Chief of Police who encourges citizens to defend themselves from Criminals.

It's the same with Chicago, the touristy parts are great, some of the neighborhoods are pretty damn bad.

That is why it wont be changing anytime soon, anybody with money or influence in that city live in the safe spots and to be frank nobody gives a # about the poor gangbangers or the families staying in the south side.

Except Xuechen. He cares really bigly. We know that because this is about post number 1000 of at least 2500 for this year on the same damn topic by the same damn people. Of course he is only concerned about the citizens of chicagos wellbeing so their ilk must bring this attention! Right?

Scumbags here using literal death numbers as talking points to circle jerk eachother off about ermmm muh 'liberals gun control' are almost as bad as those doing the shootings!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

Something has to be going on because the leaders are not doing near enough to put a dent in it. Kingpins run Chicago. It is becoming more and more clear.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype

Scumbags here using literal death numbers as talking points to circle jerk eachother off about ermmm muh 'liberals gun control' are almost as bad as those doing the shootings!

Sounds as if you are against using facts and statistics as talking points. Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I had the unfortunate experience of being caught up in a lock down at a local hospital for that same reason.

I was there with the first response team, but still I could not leave until the lock down was lifted.
edit on 6-8-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Apparently in Chicago (and the other meccas of drugs and thugs), there is enough drug money flowing to have entire police departments turn their heads. If not, why aren’t there mega gang task forces in each of these cities cleaning this # up? Numbers on numbers can fix the problem, but there has to be the willingness to engage. Hopefully it’s bought cops and city officials preventing the fixes as I’d hate to think it was the other likely reason (fear of the forces you’re going to engage).

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I consider Chicago my home even though I left almost a decade ago.
Nothing will ever change there unless something drastic takes place. Right now what you see is not from this administration, or the one before or before that. It has nothing to do with gun control, as they have some of the strictest gun laws in the US.
Chicago has been that way for at least 100 years! It is truly built on crime and corruption.
When you live there, you just kinda accept it. When you no longer can accept it you move away. It's hard to explain if you haven't lived there.

While living there I saw things that would shock most. I got lost on the South side, not a good thing for a young woman driving alone (I was attending a funeral) I was in the middle of Cabrini Green. I saw a man with an AR just wandering around. I drove over 100mph and prayed a cop would pull me over. No such luck, not a cop in sight. Luckily I did get out. Shortly after that I was on my way to work in North Chicago, it was super foggy. I slammed on my brakes. Right in front of my bumper was a prostitute with no shoes in the middle of the street, totally drugged up. I worked for a large well known company. I can't tell you how many people I worked with were associated with gangs. So what I'm saying is that the crime, corruption and violence runs so deep, if they really went after it, they would pretty much have to go after almost everyone in one form or other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join