It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Hospital on "trauma lock down" due to too many shooting 59+vics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Or did they?

Police say that the hospital took so many shooting victims that the emergency room went on lock down only allowing immediate family members.

Then the Hospital says they did not go on lock down, but repeat the same thing the police said. Chicago is a strange place.

Police said there was a "trauma lockdown" at Stroger Hospital with only immediate family members of victims are being allowed in the emergency room. A spokeswoman for Stroger Hospital disputes the police account.

"Over the past 24 hours, Stroger's trauma unit received an unusually high volume of patients. At no time did Stroger go on bypass or 'lockdown' its trauma unit," the spokeswoman said. "We are asking the families of trauma patients to limit visitation at this time to immediate family members only so staff may focus on patient care.
abc7chicago.com...;-at-least-30-shot-in-chicago-sunday/3886976/
- abc7chicago.com...
Is there some sort of disadvantage to going on lock down?

Oh and the police are super serious about stopping this.
There is a 12 minute video that Chicago Police Chief of Patrol Fred Waller claims they are going in the right direction. And when responding to a reporters question about misleading #'s of shootings from city officials he had a very interesting reply @3:15. (paraphrasing) 'I have a saying I always say, I am not going to pour syrup over shLt and tell you it's pancakes'.

Pretty fitting given the situation.

edit on 5-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sounds like many of these shootings could have been gang related. You get rival gangs going to emergency to visit their home boys , you create a potentially dangerous situation in an ER waiting room. Could be a reason.. just speculation.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Lockdown just has a different meaning. The hospital is (I think) saying the Hospital was still open to patients coming in, it was only limiting visitors.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So the police used the wrong terminology?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No, it just had a different meaning for them when they said it. It was correct in the way they meant it.

Your link is broken so I can't read the story, but going by your OP that is my best guess.
edit on 5-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Good thing all those gun laws are in place there, so this can't happen...

No second line needed really.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The link won't work. Can't figure that one out.
The part in the story dealing with the hospital/police is in the quote from the story. Looks like they updated. 59 shot.
- abc7chicago.com...

With the shooting numbers discrepancies from city officials and the police having such a hard time getting any traction in making Chicago safe, I got the feeling that the police used the term correctly and the hospital didn't want the term used at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sometimes ER's get too busy to take more cases.....happens all the time. I think that was what was going on. That being said shootings tend to attract crowds of charged up people. Hospitals don't need that drama.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

They lockdown to limit visitors to immediate family members. It happens a lot, especially when shootings are gang related.

Makes a bad situation even worse, when opposing gang members are all crowded into the same waiting room, and usually end up with more victims.

Gangs have been known to come and attempt to finish the job at hospitals so lock downs prevent more trouble.

www.google.com...

edit on 8/5/2018 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Were any of them wearing snide Nike's?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Easy to keep up with Chicago stats ......

Chicago Jackass site

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 287
Shot & Wounded: 1509
Total Shot: 1796
Total Homicides: 341

😨

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They got an app for that? Sad really

originally posted by: xuenchen
Easy to keep up with Chicago stats ......

Chicago Jackass site

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 287
Shot & Wounded: 1509
Total Shot: 1796
Total Homicides: 341

😨

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It really might become the next Detroit. They do have a lot of jobs unlike Detroit, but who wants to live in a war zone? I know I wouldn’t want to live there.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

im sure BLM will be out marching (rioting) in no time.

/Sarc

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It really might become the next Detroit. They do have a lot of jobs unlike Detroit, but who wants to live in a war zone? I know I wouldn’t want to live there.

Parts of Detroit are being redeveloped and the Downtown is fine, much better than it was. The neighborhoods......not so much. Detroit has a Chief of Police who encourges citizens to defend themselves from Criminals.

It's the same with Chicago, the touristy parts are great, some of the neighborhoods are pretty damn bad.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Chicago's leadership is trying to spread bovine excrement that violence is coming down, but the pesky news media won't let things lay.
Oh there are too many guns on the streets. It's the guns.
Right.

This comes just days after Superintendent Eddie Johnson visited ABC7 and talked about decreasing crime numbers and overall violence in Chicago.

"I think some of our more challenging, communities, it's just imperative that police and the community work together to reduce this gun violence," Superintendent Johnson said. "We just have too many guns on the streets of Chicago."
abc7chicago.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I expect team-David Hogg to commence protests any moment now....

.....any moment......

...standby, I'm certain both him and Emma will tweet soon........

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Him and CNN will do a panel on it, just wait.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There wasn't a full moon that night was there? I know we had a blood moon a while back.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Lockdown just has a different meaning. The hospital is (I think) saying the Hospital was still open to patients coming in, it was only limiting visitors.

Lock down... No one in, no one out.

EMT
Advanced Life Support, 1St Responder
Dept of Homeland Security/FEMA
Region 2 South

**P's... There are only so many Level 1 Trauma Units in any given region
edit on 5-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

top topics

<<   2 >>

join