It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Trump receives new letter from Kim Jong Un

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said Thursday that President Donald Trump received a new letter from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un following up on their Singapore summit.

Trump tweeted early Thursday his thanks to the North Korean leader "for your nice letter — I look forward to seeing you soon!"

“The ongoing correspondence between the two leaders is aimed at following up on their meeting in Singapore and advancing the commitments made in the U.S.-DPRK joint statement,” White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said in a statement, using the acronym for North Korea’s official name, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

The rest of the article is pure speculation and the usual leftist-screaming about Kim Jong Un still being a threat, even tho we didn't had a single missile launch for months.

For lack of a better source at the present moment I'll leave you with nzherald.co.nz

So.

Let the mystery begins!

edit on 2/8/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

It has to be good news. If it was bad, Kim would use the media instead of a letter.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Here is how I see it. DPNK is placating to Trump. They have done so in the past and are doing so now. All along while continuing to improve missile tech. Which they have every right to do so seeing as other countries do so. Now when threats start again if they do then a problem arrives that should be dealt with diplomatically imo. This is just just the same playbook again. They have given NOTHING to show otherwise.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

They have given NOTHING to show otherwise.

Except the 3 prisoners and the remains of all those vets.. oh and they stopped testing nukes and missiles .

Other than that they have done nothing you are right..
edit on 2-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The same people saying NK lost their facilities so they had to stop have now changed to they of course never had plans to stop.
edit on 2-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Meanwhile there have been Reports of new movement at Sanumdong. Kimmy is maybe thinking as long as he plays to Trump's ego he can get away with building new missiles?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here is how I see it. DPNK is placating to Trump. They have done so in the past and are doing so now.

Here's how I see it, those who are anti Trump will paint everything as a failure, even if it means denunlearization of a dangerous country.

Care to give it a shot? Or is it just not worth it?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sure ill give it a shot. I am outspoken about Trump but I think he is doing a decent job with dealing with NK but this same card has been played in the past by NK. And I didn’t paint anything in my post negative about Trump. I said they are playing a card that has been done time and time again to get what they want.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This was just two days ago, I really hope our President is not so extremely naive as to fall for this again.

Satellite imagery shows North Korea building nuclear reactors and missiles (two sites) without any halting. The White House even put a statement out 2 days ago that yes they are building but we hold them to their agreement, meaning we hope they will follow it.

Fox News
New York Times
TIME
The Diplomat

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Fair enough, my apologies for misunderstanding your post.

I understand why you'd believe that, fool us once shame on them..... We all know the rest and the history.

I've just been confused by the neh sayers on this one, because we haven't lifted any sanctions of things that benefit them other than promises.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of bones to pick with this administration.... But I'm hopeful on this topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It’s all good dude. It happens with me often. Being from the left but not being totally against Trump often times seems odd in todays political environment.

I do have high hopes in a sense but don’t want to “put all my eggs in one basket” so to speak.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So if Kim is no longer our archenemy who's the new Bogeyman going to be ?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Haven’t you heard?

Beep boop RUSSIAN BOTS!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I love the "letter' concept.

Thats 4D chess on its own.

The ambassador delivering the letter, means no digital trace. No agency or special program can intercept it and read it.

Nothing to leak, nothing to wine about.

Briljant.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Donald's got a new pen pal , how sweet.
Of course it's good that the boys are talking after their little spat but I can't help think that young Kim is playing the game in order to get what he wants , as ever time will tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nah.

You guys are just repeating that because you can’t admit that peace is being achieved in a way saviour Obama couldn’t, or wouldn’t do.

Sending missiles over foreign countries isn’t a “little spat”. But of course you already know that.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You guys are just repeating that because you can’t admit that peace is being achieved in a way saviour Obama couldn’t, or wouldn’t do.

Some of us remember the time when North Korea acquiesced to the point of letting inspectors in to monitor their activities , that was hailed as a breakthrough although Kim Sr obviously had no intention of going the full mile and was merely acting for his own benefit.

Until proven otherwise , like father like son.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

STOP sending missiles is not good enough for you, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Nah.

Sending missiles over foreign countries isn’t a “little spat”. But of course you already know that.

Here's the deal North Korea doesn't want to give up their rockets. And in truth they won't have to. The reason the missiles became a problem was the fear of him launching a nuke.

For North Korea they sell missile technology to other countries they won't give this up. However people claiming that missiles were part of the agreement it wasn't. If they agree to denuclearization they will be able to keep their missile program.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

STOP sending missiles is not good enough for you, right?

Of course it's a good thing but it isn't proof of anything , it's a small concession in a bigger game.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join