It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Trump receives new letter from Kim Jong Un

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They still have Nukes and it's been like 2 months already, I know because I've flicked through like a bazillion YouTube videos since the summit, clearly the Trump administration has failed.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I know because I've flicked through like a bazillion YouTube videos

Well, that settles then.

I no longer support Trump for his work with NK!

Pack it up guys, time to go home.

Dan saw videos on YouTube.

That's enough for me.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I know because I've flicked through like a bazillion YouTube videos

Well, that settles then.

I no longer support Trump for his work with NK!

Pack it up guys, time to go home.

Dan saw videos on YouTube.

That's enough for me.

Not just "saw videos" but "flicked through like a bazillion" videos ... do you know how much time that takes? NK should be totally denuked by now if they were serious.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

What are your expertise in denuclearization of a country to tell us that if they haven't completed so far then it's all a lie?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

There's always the denuclearization of North Korea ... last time , that even had inspectors from the IAEA involved yet here we are again.

Of course both counties have different leaders this time , perhaps Trump can pull it off and win a great diplomatic victory or maybe Kim wants to bring his country in from the cold and his consolidation of power over the last few years has been for that purpose but the likelihood is we've seen it all before and this is just another stalling technique to buy the DPRK more time.

Only time will tell but I wouldn't begrudge Trump his victory if he can pull it off.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Different leaders same old game.

The document was prepared by the experts monitoring the implementation of the UN sanctions against North Korea.
It was seen by several media outlets early on Saturday. The report said: "[North Korea] has not stopped its nuclear and missile programmes and continued to defy Security Council resolutions through a massive increase in illicit ship-to-ship transfers of petroleum products, as well as through transfers of coal at sea during 2018."

It said that Pyongyang also "attempted to supply small arms and lights weapons and other military equipment via foreign intermediaries" to Libya, Yemen and Sudan.

The experts concluded that North Korea's activities had made financial sanctions ineffective.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems Kim Jong Un is still a threat.
edit on 4-8-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

North Korea has no reason to denuclearise. The only reason North Korea would consider this option is if they genuinely believe the alternative is the complete and utter (conventional) military destruction. Even if North Korea undertakes a Chinese style opening to capitalism, there is no straight forward path to denuclearisation. They would likely end up having a greater levels of funding available for their nuclear weapons program, and conventional military material and training.

I would love nothing more then to be proven wrong about the "North Korean problem".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join