It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New radio telescope picks up mysterious signals from space (repeating)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Rick Roll? Um....no?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Wow, just wow. Thank you for posting all of which you did. I can't debate as I am no scholar, but I appreciate your intellect none the less. I'd really like to see a thread based on your research and perspective on this matter, as it sincerely has me intrigued. This is what ATS is all about. Thank you kind sir for your words.

Cheers,
StS

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: Gothmog

The repeating thing gets me. Not that I actually know what it means, but it would stand to reason that it is less likely to be a natural phenomenon. I am no astrophysicist.

Someday - it will be for real.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Well, in the spirit of giving a darn and since I happen to have seen Cosmos and PBS back before the effort to dumb down the populace was begun in earnest, a pulsar is thought to be a rotating star made of collapsed matter (a nuetron star or maybe a white dwarf) that sends out a beam of incredible energy like a lighthouse.

EDIT: as I stro0lled along the internet, the wine buzz receded and a nagging voice encroached on my smug self ... this following original comment is W R O N G ( So much energy is emitted that we can detect pulsars literally on the other side of the universe) as that is a quasar, not a pulsar, which is not as energetic as a quasar. Okay, back to the original posted comment. End edit.

Geeks agree that they are collapsed stars made of the densest matter but fun people say they are intergalactic beacons set up by ancient civilizations to help navigate.

Either way, cool article and here's hoping we got a winner in the other sentience lottery.

What, you some wino? We get down with the hillbilly muscadine wine in my neck of the woods — no excuse necessary.

It’s all good, I’m a geek, too. Figured the poster had more to share, but instead, took the “I’m smarter than you, look it up” tact — bush league behavior where I come from. Call a spade, a spade. Get called out on it; 10 paces and turn. Rather simple, but today’s world is far from ‘simple’.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Too sweet a wine in my opinion only later to become champagne I say pass the lime soda to cut the crap nauseating even to smell.

Of course a good Bordeaux and good Cabernet make a superior Shiraz.

But don't mind me as an artist; I prefer paint thinner.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
Wanna hear it?

Yup right at 1:27 Mark I know that that is !

These boots are make for walking!!
Nancy Sinatra Version!

These Aliens must like 1960s Music!

Although 3 billion Light Years away from a Galaxy far far away!

LOL!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Dont get your hopes up. Natural objects send repeating signals too. ie pulsars.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

When he said, "It contains a mathematical anomaly, relative to the universal constant "pi"

I thought it was entertaining to think. Sure, you can convert angles to degrees, or use radians than degrees etc.

A distorted signal can probably be converted to pi or close to it. The slowed down audio, or it's doppler effect can also be converted to pi. Almost anything can be converted to pi. However, you wouldn't know if it's natural or intelligent.

I think that is what he meant by "universal constant pi."

edit on 02080231pm312018Sun, 05 Aug 2018 12:02:39 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

If the definition of FBR is

In radio astronomy, a fast radio burst (FRB) is a high-energy astrophysical phenomenon of unknown origin manifested as a transient radio pulse lasting a few milliseconds on average

-Break-

Unlike many radio sources the signal from a burst is detected in a short period of time with enough strength to stand out from the noise floor. The burst usually appears as a single spike of energy without any change in its strength over time. The bursts last for a period of several milliseconds (thousandths of a second.

So? How is the audio created of the millisecond burst? How often are the bursts actually received over an for an example?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

If I gave up trying to convince astronomers on the radio observation teams involved, why would I put an equal amount of effort into trying to convince some guy on the internet?

Why convince when you could create a logical proof citing evidence of an intelligent design design to the signal?

Thanks neutronflux.

You actually made me get out the information I had and work on it a little more.

I don't want to give away what I've found, at the moment.

I will work a bit more on this, and create a thread that almagamates all of my mathematical findings involving FRB121102.

I will say, from what I've found at this point, I hope I can get Terrence Tao to weigh in.
If anyone is qualified to pick apart my argument, it's that guy. My recent findings in the signal pointed me in the direction of TT's work on twin primes.

I'm out of my element on this, at this point, because the mathematical analysis required from here is way over me.

I'm looking for resources to do certain operations involving primes now.

If anyone knows of a resource to check prime properties of numbers I need to be able to check a very large prime to see if it qualifies for these characteristics:

Centered Decagonal Test
Centered Hexagonal Test
Centered Square Test
Mersenne Prime Test
Proper Prime Test

This is directly related to my current findings with FRB121102. If anyone has those resources, I would appreciate it. Else-wise I'm going to get around to this, as I have time. Since I'll probably have to manually test this, if a resource capable of these tests isn't publicly available for numbers this large.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Not to mention it could be from those recently detected gravity waves from those two objects doing the bump that Einstein did not get to see but theorized.

Since we finally did get to see them on the large scale; much easier to recreate such a thing on the smaller scale experimentally instead of just theoretically.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Yes and they can have extremely complicated patterns too that make then seem intelligently designed, when in fact it's just a byproduct of a universe governed by mathematics .

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

PI in what base? Base 10 like decimal. Highly convenient don't ya think. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

rumor has it' that aliens use a base 12 number system.
: )

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Surely with frequencies as low as 400 MHz the all we need is a black and white tv set 🤓

From 400 up to 700 MHz is sat coms, mobile phones and military coms radio astronomy is usually around 700 MHz

Just because our base 10 math tells us it's the power of 500 suns to send this signal does not necessarily mean that this is correct 💥😎
We always think we know everything
reply to: atsgrounded

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well I think it is fascinating it really makes you wonder and after hearing it my imagination really did wander around the universe a bit cheers for that dude

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: druid1
Surely with frequencies as low as 400 MHz the all we need is a black and white tv set 🤓

From 400 up to 700 MHz is sat coms, mobile phones and military coms radio astronomy is usually around 700 MHz

Just because our base 10 math tells us it's the power of 500 suns to send this signal does not necessarily mean that this is correct 💥😎
We always think we know everything
reply to: atsgrounded

If it’s in units of suns, Watts, BTU’s, horsepower, three eyed toad power, it still doesn’t change the actual amount of power required?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Careful with that three-eyed-toad power!

If you plug a single-eyed-toad power blender into a three-eyed-toad power socket you won't be worried about drinking Margaritas anymore!

(trust me)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Newton's "cradle" means when met with and equal and opposite force then that's where the wall of physics lays on both sides of energy transmission or transference.

So when applied to wave forms the same thing sort of happens like 1's and 0's... a ping or a pong mean different static fields a ping ping is taken as a bounce... however met with equal and opposite force and nothing really to be seen? Wall. So ping and pong are used to get around "it" if an "it" even exists to the sensing/sonar-esque equipment.

Best to think of a radio wave in telescopes(telemetry or tessellation in a visual spectrum that calculates D=r/t eventually all of that ping ping, pong pong and ping pong, pong ping returns a field of view; the same as the eye naturally does. Sonar does the same thing in water environments like fish finders also mapping the bottom.

Lidar is something that has also increased in popularity as new technology for helping to ping and pong through biological or organic materials... without the X-ray wave band that does the same but also destructive to cellular life.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Da reply to: BEBOG

Newton's "cradle" means when met with and equal and opposite force then that's where the wall of physics lays on both sides of energy transmission or transference.

Really? I thought a Newton’s cradle showed the conservative of energy from converting potential energy to kinetic energy and how that energy is transferred through collisions?

Best to think of a radio wave in telescopes(telemetry or tessellation in a visual spectrum that calculates D=r/t eventually all of that ping ping, pong pong and ping pong, pong ping returns a field of view; the same as the eye naturally does. Sonar does the same thing in water environments like fish finders also mapping the bottom.

What does this have to with the definition of FRB?

astronomy.swin.edu.au...

Fast radio bursts are intense bursts of radio emission that have durations of milliseconds and exhibit the characteristic dispersion sweep of radio pulsars.

You can bounce a radio signal off a surface to a receiver? Like a satellite dish? Not sure you want to distort the signal in the endeaver? And any sin wave has a amplitude and trough? Or 0 and 1’s like a square wave where the amplitude is 1 and the trough is 0?

A FBR is like a powerful burp of the electromagnetic spectrum?

I have no idea what your are trying to say? I do know one wave amplitude meeting the trough of another wave will deplete each other. Two wave amplitudes meeting each other will strengthen each other?

Anyway? Can you show a FRB is being used to transmit data as a carrier wave?
edit on 7-8-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join