It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New radio telescope picks up mysterious signals from space (repeating)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

FRB 121102 has the essentials of a walking bass line.

The James Jamerson galaxy from the edge of the universe.

Waiting for a repeat for that one, most likely it will have some backing by Bernard Purdie as well !!!!

edit on 2-8-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

On the flip side, it's more likely than a non-repeating signal.

"We developed space age technology."

"Let's send a message to see who else is out there."

"Let's send it only one time though, if they don't answer the first phone call, then they don't exist."

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

It could be natural. And still have an encoded methematical message. From whatever your version of "God" is.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Funny how those that want to believe it’s from a broadcast by intelligent beings cherry pick the facts?

The biggest piece of evidence overlooked? The transmission power is equal to 500 million suns?

BREAKING: Astronomers Find a Spectacular Source For Those Mysterious Repeating Space Signals

www.sciencealert.com...

This afforded a unique opportunity. Fast radio bursts are extremely powerful radio signals, generating as much energy as 500 million suns, but they're also extremely short, lasting just milliseconds.

Break

This allowed researchers to locate the source of these signals - a star-forming region in a dwarf galaxy more than 3 billion light-years from Earth.

Break

With these observations we hope to distinguish between the two competing hypotheses of a neutron star either near a black hole or embedded in a powerful nebula."

What equipment could handle the power equivalent to 500 million suns?

Why waste energy to broadcast a signal to over 3 billion light years from earth? How many galaxies away?

The transmissions are so powerful, how close could a biologal being even get to the source without ill effects to health? Could beings even live in the star forming region the signal generates from? As in a whole region of a galaxy?

edit on 3-8-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Waves have a pattern which repeats.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The biggest piece of evidence overlooked? The transmission power is equal to 500 million suns?

Whilst I do agree, I like to keep an open mind. After all;

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

A single engine on a Boeing 777 produces more than 110,000 horsepower. Prior to the 20th century no one would have any idea how such a thing would ever be possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BigLes

We are not talking about a process contained in a jet engine? We are talking about a process that would take the time and resources to control a black hole or a neutron star from a region not conclusive to life from a far off galaxy with no discernible purpose?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It contains a mathematical anomaly, relative to the universal constant "pi"

Radio waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. All waves from any electromagnetic source and be expressed in degrees or converted to radians using “ 1 ° = π 180 radians“

What is your argument again? Can you prove the naturally occurring source is being used as a carrier wave for an intelligent broadcast?

In the center of this signal there is a + shape, directly attached to an x shape.

How do you get these shapes out of a sign wave, square wave, sawtooth wave..,,.

Now all electromagnetic waves have a electric and magnetic aspect? They travel about the same axis, but to right angles to each other. Again, what are you talking about. The signal discussed is misshapen because the portion reaching earth passed through a strong magnetic field.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

What do you mean by repeating?

www.sciencealert.com...

When the Breakthrough Listen researchers analysed this data, they were surprised to find not one, but 15 distinct fast radio bursts coming from the source.

To put that into perspective, it took 83 hours of observing time over six months in 2016 to detect just nine bursts from FRB 121102.

As in reoccurring? Yes. As in the bursts are in a pattern that is predictable? Not really.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ok, so you want to argue about the technological capability of an unknown?

I got a joke for you.

Giant monsters and rainforests exist on a planet. For some reason, the vast majority of all these ecosystems die.

Over 60 million years later, a group of primates on that planet use the congealed dead monsters and rainforests from 60 million years ago, (What equates to hydrocarbon rich gas, more or less, liquid farts) to travel to another planetary body.

Those primates use these liquid farts to build 20 mile long particle colliders, nuclear weapons, and an interconnected system so they can communicate instantaneously across their whole planet.

If you were alive before 1700 and someone told you all of that, you'd think it was an equal amount of BS to the same things you're criticizing, right now.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My first ever post here so go easy please!
Having been a long time lurker here trying to wade my way through all the disinformation as well as finding humour from the more obscure posts, I find myself having to post the ridiculous, paranoid idea that just somehow 'invaded' my mind whilst reading this that: 'Could it be a long range scan of earth and its inhabitants as per the whole judgement day texts and belief of the Annunaki creator theory?'...

Sorry all, had a long old day at work and I don't normally allow myself to be sucked in like this but thought I'd amuse perhaps some of you out there...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Oh, believe me, I had to entertain every possibility. That one, was also on my list of maybes.

It's such a perceptually unlikely probability that I couldn't think of a scenario that fit the situation, that I could back as a 100% root cause.

So even ideas like that one, were on my brainstorm board for this.

Ultimately, I decided on this list:

1. Advanced Intelligence
2. Technological Limitations Of Our Receiving Telescopes
3. Natural mathematical occurrence
4. Side effect of the Fourier transformation
5. Technological fluke/glitch
6. "God" or "Divine Incident"
7. Random/Natural
8. Time Travel/Message from another time
9. Multi-verse/Message from another instance/universe
10. Evidence of "simulation theories"

I might be leaving something out, but without a single root cause that I felt justified the anomaly, I can't say one of these is more or less correct than the others.

I'm waiting for a second FRB with 121102's characteristics.

I hope we find another one, so I can have a reasonable answer shine through, as the correct one.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What does your post have to do with?

Questioning your comment about pie?
Radio waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. All waves from any electromagnetic source and be expressed in degrees or converted to radians using “ 1 ° = π 180 radians“

What is your argument again? Can you prove the naturally occurring source is being used as a carrier wave for an intelligent broadcast?

What about you claiming x shapes in the signal wave?

Now all electromagnetic waves have a electric and magnetic aspect? They travel about the same axis, but to right angles to each other. Again, what are you talking about. The signal discussed is misshapen because the portion reaching earth passed through a strong magnetic field.

Then the overall question?
We are talking about a process that would take the time and resources to control a black hole or a neutron star from a region not conclusive to life from a far off galaxy with no discernible purpose?

Can you cite what scientists are saying its a signal from an intelligent race?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

It contains a mathematical anomaly, relative to the universal constant "pi"

In the center of this signal there is a + shape, directly attached to an x shape.

Your criticism is constructive, because it raises important discussion points.
I'm going to prepend this post with my supposition that it doesn't matter what I say here, you will continue to believe whatever you want to believe. I don't care about changing your opinion. I'm not an evangelist. I'm not making any money off of my discussion points. If I cared about any of that crap, I wouldn't be freely distributing my own information on this subject here.

Your post is making an assumption about the end point of the transmitter.

The idea outlined in your post is that this signal originated from A, went through magnetic field B, and hit us.
Your idea is assuming that if there was some message, it would be from point A. Thus, point B is a distortion.

My argument, is that the intended end-point for the transmission source, is AFTER point B.

That magnetic field isn't a distortion, it was part of the intended output signal.

After all, maybe the neutron star pulse WAS natural. All the advanced civilization would need to do, is lens that 500 million sun signal.
If they made the magnetic lens, and manipulated the output of a natural star pulse, they could encode a message in it.

Why waste their own energy? When there are free pulsar and quasar bursts?
All they had to do, is funnel and manipulate energy that was already being distributed. That actually makes it seem like a much easier task, than to generate the massive amounts of energy themselves.

We use sonar in the ocean, which wouldn't work, without the ocean water as a medium. We didn't make the ocean.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You?

That magnetic field isn't a distortion, it was part of the intended output signal.

BREAKING: Astronomers Find a Spectacular Source For Those Mysterious Repeating Space Signals

dailycaller.com...

But if it is a neutron star, it's in a crazy environment - either very close to a black hole or in a very powerful nebula. This is because of the way the radio signal is "twisted".

The radio signals of FRB 121102 are almost completely polarised. When these polarised signals travel through a magnetic field, they become twisted - the stronger the field, the greater the twist. This is called Faraday rotation, and it allows researchers to learn more about the waves' origin.

In the case of FRB 121102, the twisting of the signals' polarisation is some of the greatest ever observed, which means they had to pass through a very intense magnetic field.

"The only known sources in our galaxy that are twisted as much as FRB 121102 are in the Galactic Centre, which is a dynamic region near a massive black hole. Maybe FRB 121102 is in a similar

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Then to what purpose? Is there an intelligent message or not?

After all, maybe the neutron star pulse WAS natural. All the advanced civilization would need to do, is lens that 500 million sun signal.
If they made the magnetic lens, and manipulated the output of a natural star pulse, they could encode a message in it.

How big of a lens? What powers the lens? Where did the material come from to make the lens? How was it build in an area detrimental to life and electronics?

And you still are avoiding your technical babal?

Questioning your comment about pie?

What about you claiming x shapes in the signal wave?

edit on 3-8-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

edit on 3-8-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You need to decide what you want to hear that will satisfy you.

I really don't care about proving anything.

I could say I agree with you, I could say anything at all. Would it matter?

I've been trying to talk to people about this anomaly since July of last year.

I tried for a year. I don't care anymore. Seriously.

Believe if you want, doubt if you want. I stopped giving a single flying, Robin Hood in the winter, F***, months ago.

EDIT:
Because I don't want to just be a d***head on the internet, I will come back to this thread later and discuss this more.
I just can't right now. Chill. I'll be back to talk in a constructive manner.
You have to realize, that I've been on this side of the argument with dozens of people, including some well known astronomers, for a year.
Forgive me for being a little cranky. To you, I'm just some guy on the internet. That feeling is mutual though, to me, you are also, just some guy on the internet.

If I gave up trying to convince astronomers on the radio observation teams involved, why would I put an equal amount of effort into trying to convince some guy on the internet?
So yeah, I'm a little steamed on this, upset, bored, tired, whatever. All of it. You've been on your side of this argument for this thread though.
I've been trying to argue my point for 12 months. Just try on my shoes for 10 seconds, and think about how small of a damn you would give by this same point.
edit on 3-8-2018 by Archivalist because: sigh

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

You need to decide what you want to hear that will satisfy you.

I could say I agree with you, I could say anything at all. Would it matter?

I've been trying to talk to people about this anomaly since July of last year.

I tried for a year. I don't care anymore. Seriously.

Believe if you want, doubt if you want. I stopped giving a single flying, Robin Hood in the winter, F***, months ago.

I would think you would base an argument on actual facts not babaling about pseudoscience?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

I have to say your story really made me curious! Assuming it's real ofcourse and you are indeed the one who found out about it first.

Not asking for a proof here, just a simple explanation if you could be bothered - can you explain in simple terms what do you mean by + shape and x shape frequencies? I got completely lost there.

If i understand correct, the audio clip from the first page is the radio broadcast unedited? It amazed me that it actually produces a melody.

How can I by myself pick it up on a radio reciever? What equipment do I need for it and on what frequency/channel/whatever do I need to scan in order to hear it?

If true, I have to say this is one of the most interesting things I've read online in years.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If I gave up trying to convince astronomers on the radio observation teams involved, why would I put an equal amount of effort into trying to convince some guy on the internet?

Why convince when you could create a logical proof citing evidence of an intelligent design design to the signal?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join