It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Symbol That Stops You From Counterfeiting Money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I never knew that the "Eurion Constellation" was on money and modern scanners and copiers are programmed to spot this security feature and stop during the scanning process. Learn something new everyday.

This is the pattern that will stop the scanner from making you rich. Only the Fed can make $$$ from *UUMMM* sound fiscal policy (thin air).

And here it is on a 10 dollar bill. Other countries have similar tech in protecting their currency.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I hadn't known that either. I'm sure someone savvy can program a scanner or other device to work around this feature though.

Counterfeiting is no small feat. Remember Frank Bourassa? www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Speaking of tiny dots and counterfeiting:

Your Printer Could Be Spying On You. No, Really.

Imagine that every time you printed a document it automatically included a secret code that could be used to identify the printer - and potentially the person who used it. Sounds like something from an episode of "Alias " right?

Unfortunately the scenario isn't fictional. In a purported effort to identify counterfeiters the US government has succeeded in persuading some color laser printer manufacturers to encode each page with identifying information. That means that without your knowledge or consent an act you assume is private could become public. A communication tool you're using in everyday life could become a tool for government surveillance. And what's worse there are no laws to prevent abuse.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But is there a hard drive on large copiers storing pics of scans and copies? I am not sure about $100 HP all in ones for home use.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Years ago, back when I worked in retail, we had a big expensive printer (xerox maybe?) that we used for printing the price tags for things.
One day, we had a defective yellow ink cartridge that was more orange than yellow- and you could see the encoded information being printed on each page. With a proper yellow cartridge, they're nearly impossible to spot- and if you didn't know where to look or what you were looking for, you wouldn't see them.

I tried researching it, but there was very little information about it on the internet at the time. I had actually forgotten about it until it came up in this thread.

As for printing cash... Are those dots UV or something? I just checked a 20 and a 10 and don't see them. I can't imagine it would be too hard to replicate it, but overall the printing process for this essentially worthless piece of paper looks very elaborate.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Checks do not scan either.

Just some of the writing and such.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There's a lot of really interesting things about money that people don't know.
OP - the Fed doesn't make money, the Treasury does.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If one human, or machine, can make it another can break it. This just makes it more difficult.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

WOOOOW i just checked a 500 note of our currency and it had the same thing WTF

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

I never knew that the "Eurion Constellation" was on money and modern scanners and copiers are programmed to spot this security feature and stop during the scanning process. Learn something new everyday.

This is the pattern that will stop the scanner from making you rich. Only the Fed can make $$$ from *UUMMM* sound fiscal policy (thin air).

And here it is on a 10 dollar bill. Other countries have similar tech in protecting their currency.

*coughs* Ummm... If the scanning process stops while scanning this thing, how was the pic made of the $10 bill?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

It's a picture-

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It's a picture-

Lmao

Smh

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I just scanned and printed a $20 bill with no problem on my crappy HP all-in-one.

Looks pretty good, too.

I would post but the site is saying I can't upload since I am using an ad blocker (which I am not).

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

Knock, knock.

I just scanned and printed a $20 bill with no problem

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wish I had money to test this

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It's a picture-

So, all I need is a sufficiently high enough resolution camera to take a really good picture of the money- and use that. Some photos have been forged in this manner, BTW.

*walks away whistling*

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If I give a checkout clerk a $100 bill, they hold it up to a light. What are they looking for?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Holographic-s and the little plastic $100 strip or band impregnated into the bill.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh sweet Christ on a pogostick! There's over 80 methods integrated into our cash, which is managed, overseen, and tracked by the U.S. Treasury and U.S. Secret Service. Some are classified, this is actually one of the easier things to bypass. "This gun tastes like pennies..."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join