It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kelly agrees to stay at White House through 2020 election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Article

There goes another prediction out the window. Trump haters continually predict people are leaving the administration. One of the most popular ones is to predict John Kelly is going to resign or be fired. Maybe they'll have to move on to someone else for now.

"But he's going to leave eventually!" Yeah, I suppose. He's gonna die eventually too. Predict that and feel like you knew something we didn't?

Of course, if their predictions all came true, Trump was already supposed to be impeached like a year ago so, we know how this goes.
edit on 31 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yet another thread that has no real purpose but to bait the other side and divide us......

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Interesting how you spun that article's title to suit your own narrative.

John Kelly expected to stay at White House through 2020 election, but Trump expands shortlist for chief of staff

First of all, it doesn't say Kelly "agrees" to stay, it says he's "EXPECTED" to stay. And, you convientently left out the second part of the article's title but Trump expands shortlist for chief of staff.

Sorry, but that headline doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Don't get me wrong, I hope Kelly doesn't leave. We need grown ups in the White House to baby sit our Toddler in Chief!

edit on 31-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I predict that hillary and obama will be arrested soon. Do you agree?
edit on 31-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

To be fair, didn't we see similar articles right before other people left/were fired. I definitely Trump saying that Bannon was going to stick around and then pretty much the next day he was gone.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Look, I see trump for what he is. A liar. He has changed stories about so many things, so many times, its right there for all of you to see. Today Rudy G, is saying "Collusion is not a crime". It clearly is, if they are trying cover it up, like the trump Tower meeting. At this point in time, if you do not see there is something wrong, its because you do not want to.

trump, attacks, the MSM for reporting the truth, and he calls it fake news, that is NOT OKAY. He also attacks the FBI, not okay. He also attacks people, like Stormy D. He turns on people, at the drop of a dime. Cohen, Manafort, etc.....

edit on 31-7-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The sky is blue.

Discuss.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Kelly is a good guy, almost wish he was still at Homeland Security. I think he could do more there than as Chief of Staff.

It's got to be a tough position given how Trump works and decides things. He was an upgrade from RPx even though he may lack some of the needed political savvy.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Hillary has already been detained

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yet another thread that has no real purpose but to bait the other side and divide us......

Funny how you are totally supportive of this type of thread when it is for “your side”. I find them annoying when people post them trying to take my liberty away. My “side” is freedom and I don’t see this having anything to do with my rights being taken away so I don’t know why you or I should care.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

....MEH

I don’t really care either way. Sorry I don’t have much more to add. But I did give you my honest opinion though.

Cookie??? PLZ

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

hahaha! Way to go WH! Two more leakers caught!

Quoting from the OP's CNBC article:

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly has committed to remaining in his post through the 2020 election, according to two White House officials.

(bolding mine)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

36D chess checkmate, bitch.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wonder how he'll like working for Pence?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Interesting how you spun that article's title to suit your own narrative.

John Kelly expected to stay at White House through 2020 election, but Trump expands shortlist for chief of staff

First of all, it doesn't say Kelly "agrees" to stay, it says he's "EXPECTED" to stay. And, you convientently left out the second part of the article's title but Trump expands shortlist for chief of staff.

Sorry, but that headline doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Don't get me wrong, I hope Kelly doesn't leave. We need grown ups in the White House to baby sit our Toddler in Chief!

Okay.

White House chief of staff John Kelly told staff on Monday that President Trump had asked him to remain in his post through the 2020 election, White House officials said, a request that came as tensions between the two men have eased in recent months.

Mr. Kelly told staff members he agreed to the president’s request, one of the officials said.

Is that more clear?

The President asked him to stay on, and he agreed. How is that not "Kelly agrees to stay"? It's more than "he's expected to stay".

Sorry to burst another one of ya'lls bubbles.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Wonder how he'll like working for Pence?

Lol some of you still think Trump is getting impeached.

Does Willy Wonka know you moved into the Chocolate Factory?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I disagree purely because the MSM has been hitting the "UH OH, Trump and Kelly are at loggerheads... anonymous sources say Kelly will be FIRED soon" articles hard lately. The fact that Kelly is staying and the anonymous sources were either full of ish or didn't exist in the first place is an important topic.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I never figured Kelly was going to leave. I knew he was frustrated with all the negativity flying at them from the left, most people who left did so because of all the public and media slamming of this white house administration. They got tired of all the lies and twisting going on. I would have left if I worked there, not because of the trump administration, because of all the negativity spewed and twisted by some people in the media and on the net.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

From the same source.

To be sure, the news that Kelly has accepted the president's offer to stay on board does not eliminate the possibility that he could resign or be fired. One advisor, partly joking, told CNBC that the president could still choose to fire Kelly even though Kelly has "agreed" to remain.
The president has a track record of praising administration officials before they hit the chopping block.

Sorry, but this article STILL doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I never figured Kelly was going to leave. I knew he was frustrated with all the negativity flying at them from the left, most people who left did so because of all the public and media slamming of this white house administration. They got tired of all the lies and twisting going on. I would have left if I worked there, not because of the trump administration, because of all the negativity spewed and twisted by some people in the media and on the net.

Says something about his level of patriotism, that he's willing to endure that level of slime for his country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join