It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He Interviewed Bob Mueller for FBI Director - That Could Be a Ruse.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Monday, July 30, 2018

Here is an excerpt from a Tweet that President Trump made yesterday: (Speaking about Bob Mueller)

I turned him down to head the FBI (one day before appointment as S.C.) & Comey is his close friend..
Source: abcnews.go.com...

Why would President Trump interview Bob Mueller for the position of FBI Director, to replace the terminated James Comey? Bob Mueller was NOT eligible to be FBI Director again, as he had already served the maximum allowed 10 years. (Actually 12 years - 2001 thru 2013, because Obama extended him 2 additional years.)

On May 17, 2017, the very next day after this "interview", AAG Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to investigate possible Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential election, and if Donald Trump (or his campaign) conspired with Russia to help him beat Hillary Clinton.

(Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from any investigations related to Russia on March 2, 2017...even though he didn't legally have to.)

Since Bob Mueller knew he couldn't be FBI Director again, and presumably, so did President Trump, it's hard to believe that their May 16, 2017 meeting (reportedly 4 hours in length) was an FBI Director job interview.

Report of the "Interview": www.cbsnews.com...

That leads many to believe that Bob Mueller MAY be investigating MORE than what the Mainstream Media says he is. What do you think ATS?

-CareWeMust
edit on 7/31/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
They extended Meuller once maybe Trump considered doing it again?

If that's not it, it is damned odd and a real head scratcher.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why would President Trump interview Bob Mueller for the position of FBI Director, to replace the terminated James Comey? Bob Mueller was NOT eligible to be FBI Director again, as he had already served the maximum allowed 10 years

Maybe that is why he turned him down?

That leads many to believe that Bob Mueller MAY be investigating MORE than what the Mainstream Media says he is. What do you think ATS?

If your hypothesis is right then Holywood should give Trump and Meuller an Oscar, because that is some pretty good acting.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I predict trump will redact this tweet once his keepers tell him to say what he really meant to say.

at this point, its safer to believe in trump's action rather than his words

he needs to stfu on this topic and do what he is seemingly doing very well for the country; try to fix the last 16 years of economical debauchery.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
They extended Meuller once maybe Trump considered doing it again?

If that's not it, it is damned odd and a real head scratcher.

As odd as that Petraeus meeting he had. I've been digging into the "Art of War" over this since it happened and currently there are too many reasons for what he could be planning. What I find most interesting was the funding Mueller SC for two years, and the rumors of the weekly phone calls between Trump and Mueller that got quietly pushed away after Trump tweeted something or other.

All very interesting or confusing. Since Trump is a real estate guy at heart, I'm going to assume he's a big Long game guy. If so, then he may have been setting everything up to play out like a remodeling job at a building. If not, then he might be playing a flip property plan. Either way he would have to set all the contractors up, make sure the general contractors are following the time line, and getting the supplies to where they need when they need to be there. Very interesting or confusing to the outsider of the plan.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

My only problem with this theory is that the DoJ could investigate anything outside of itself, so the only point to having a special prosecutor in the first place would be to investigate the executive branch.

Edited to add, I guess there are plenty of current and former members of the executive branch who should be investigated.
edit on 31-7-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The CBS News Article said that Mueller couldn't be extended, or serve as FBI Director again.

The measure approved by Congress and signed by Obama explicitly states that Mueller "may not serve as Director after September 4, 2013."

edit on 7/31/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: The GUT

The CBS News Article said that Mueller couldn't be extended, or serve as FBI Director again.

The measure approved by Congress and signed by Obama explicitly states that Mueller "may not serve as Director after September 4, 2013."

That is interesting, if the measure was created with Mueller specifically in mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

So far, Mueller hasn't indicted any Americans for Russian Collusion, and the 25 (or so) Russians he's indicted can use the indictments to get their fireplaces going on cold Russian nights.

Bob Mueller has a staff of 200 investigators, attorneys, and support personnel. His PUBLIC actions could have been done by junior government attorneys. No need for a big bad Special Counsel to indict people for "lying to the FBI", or, "Cheating on Taxes".

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

So ... 200 investigators to go after the previous administration wrongdoing while playing games with the hostile media.

You can't indict foreign nationals ... by definition they are not subject to your laws unless they step inside your territory or you kidnap them using military and then have the military hand them over to DOJ.

That has been done before today.

I think it is a smoke screen. What are they doing behind the smoke screen is the question.

4 hours is a long meeting just to say no!

P

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Trump says he interviewed Mueller to head the FBI
Trump says he turned him down.
Certainly Muller knew he could not head the agency again.

That leaves the very simple truth that, unlike your presumption, Trump did not.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I realize this is a very simple explanation and likely not one you'll like, but...

What if Trump is just being Trump and saying random stuff, stuff that's not necessarily true?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Yeah, I'm going with that option. 'Yeah, yeah, that's it, that's the ticket, I turned him down at a job interview. Yeah, that sounds good"

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Trump is just being Trump. He tweets and talks without any logic or forethought. Or, he's dumb as a fox. Hard to say-we will never know. And Woodward's book is just bogus nonsense-but a money maker that will just slam Trump for everything he says-and that's not totally without merit-wonder if it will cover any Mueller convo with Trump.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I remember this when it happened. I truly feel that this is a ruse to go after wrong doing. Sessions was not fired after he recused himself from the probe...I believe he is in on it also.

Time will tell, but it sure is fun to watch!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I was thinking the same thing. This is not new information. I recall this information way back when the SC was first started. At that time there was mention of a conflict not only because Mueller was a friend of Comey, but because he was turned down by Trump for some high level position.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Oh look. Your CNN reported this in June 2017:
Trump interviewed Mueller for FBI job day before he was tapped for special counsel

President Donald Trump interviewed Robert Mueller as a potential replacement for fired FBI Director James Comey the day before the former FBI director was named special counsel, a White House official said Tuesday.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller Had Been On White House Shortlist To Run FBI

Mueller had gone so far as to meet with Justice Department leaders and White House officials about the FBI job, which opened after President Trump fired Director James Comey on May 9. But that idea went by the wayside after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein instead reached out to Mueller to run the politically sensitive Russia probe, which is examining ties between Russians and Trump campaign aides, the sources said.

edit on 7/31/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

as he had already served the maximum allowed 10 years.

Then he shouldn't even be there even as 'special counsel'.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

How is it a ruse?

Do you mean Trump is lying in order to deceive others or give an impression that may be untrue?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I think Trump is doing everything he can to derail the investigation that will expose him for the fraud he is. Trump interviewed lots of people for jobs he never intended to give them. It makes it look like he is searching for the right talent even though he had already made up his mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join