It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He Interviewed Bob Mueller for FBI Director - That Could Be a Ruse.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

as he had already served the maximum allowed 10 years.

Then he shouldn't even be there even as 'special counsel'.

This ridiculous statement is why Trump has deployed this pseudo-factoid.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Low information voters.

Can't stand them.

A conservative Republican,[4] he was appointed by President George W. Bush; President Barack Obama gave his original ten-year term a two-year extension, making him the longest-serving FBI Director since J. Edgar Hoover.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.thoughtco.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Low information voters.

Can't stand them.

Is this an expression of self loathing? You have indicated the Mueller was a Republican appointed by Republicans. Trump claims to have interviewed him for a position he was technically unable to fill. Of course, Trump acts without reference to facts. Mueller's former position does not disqualify him for Special Counsel. What Trump really fears is a patriotic, conservative, genuine Republican investigating his shenanigans.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What I indicated is Trump could give Mueller the job just like OBama.

And Mueller should not be ANYWHERE in the picture.

Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's another friggin lie. He's so full of # his eyes should be brown.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
When partisians thought Mueller was like them, and would tow the partisan line, they loved him (including Trump.)

When it became obvious that Mueller's first and only interest is in enforcing the laws of the United States, they hate him.

Partisan hacks gonna hack.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

No Mueller knows he is not eligable.
Trump's a liar. Trying so hard to imply Mueller has a conflict of interest. He also brought up the golf resort membership fees issue from years ago trying to imply there's a conflict of interest due to that.
My god the lengths he will go to to stop this investigation must mean Mueller has him. It sure does make it look like he has something to hide.
Hear that?

It's the cops at the door.
edit on 7312018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

My god the lengths he will go to to stop this investigation must mean Mueller has him

My god the dumb things you say are just so dumb...

If he wanted to stop the investigation he could just fire his ass.. So how hard is he trying to stop it?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

And he knew that. He would never have asked for the position. He had / has a pretty peachy position at WilmerHale.
As decorated and lauded as this man is who is going to believe he'd forget he wasn't eligible and ask for that job?
For those who do. I have a bridge I'm selling.
edit on 7312018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
One wonders why a sitting President would be trying so hard to discredit an investigation being conducted by their own Justice Department ...

If there is no crime, there is nothign to fear from the law ... isn't that the line law-and-order types love to spout?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But it was necessary for conspiracy against the United States and it's looking more and more like Mueller has him on that.
A second trump tower meeting to discuss what they could get from and offer to Russia?
Giuliani now saying my client didn't collude but if he did it's not illegal
:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We know he didn't.
Trumpy boys mouth is moving. You know what that means.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I will admit that the President and his legal team are not acting "innocent" ... however, acting is what they do. Playing to the media.

The staement has been made, repeatedly, that the President himself is not under investigation. Do you have any other information that contradicts that?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

I realize this is a very simple explanation and likely not one you'll like, but...

What if Trump is just being Trump and saying random stuff, stuff that's not necessarily true?

You are being too kind and too polite.
You're a nice person.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
One wonders why a sitting President would be trying so hard to discredit an investigation being conducted by their own Justice Department ...

If there is no crime, there is nothign to fear from the law ... isn't that the line law-and-order types love to spout?

It's funny because I do not think this entire issue would be near as huge as it has become if it weren't for the things Trump has done and said regarding the investigation.

He's definitely exacerbated the issue well beyond what it needs to be...unless he is in severe defense mode because of what he knows has been found, or may be found.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Oh..today you believe CNN. Got it.
Just depends on what they are saying I guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why? One has nothing to do with the other.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Mr. Trump is what he is ... an entertainer.

EDIT: Further to add, appreciating his act is a matter of taste.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, July 30, 2018

Here is an excerpt from a Tweet that President Trump made yesterday: (Speaking about Bob Mueller)

I turned him down to head the FBI (one day before appointment as S.C.) & Comey is his close friend..
Source: abcnews.go.com...

Why would President Trump interview Bob Mueller for the position of FBI Director, to replace the terminated James Comey? Bob Mueller was NOT eligible to be FBI Director again, as he had already served the maximum allowed 10 years. (Actually 12 years - 2001 thru 2013, because Obama extended him 2 additional years.)

On May 17, 2017, the very next day after this "interview", AAG Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to investigate possible Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential election, and if Donald Trump (or his campaign) conspired with Russia to help him beat Hillary Clinton.

(Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from any investigations related to Russia on March 2, 2017...even though he didn't legally have to.)

Since Bob Mueller knew he couldn't be FBI Director again, and presumably, so did President Trump, it's hard to believe that their May 16, 2017 meeting (reportedly 4 hours in length) was an FBI Director job interview.

Report of the "Interview": www.cbsnews.com...

That leads many to believe that Bob Mueller MAY be investigating MORE than what the Mainstream Media says he is. What do you think ATS?

-CareWeMust

thehill.com...

President Trump was considering former FBI Director Robert Mueller to replace James Comey atop the bureau before Mueller was named as special counsel to oversee the investigation into Russian election interference, NPR reported Friday. Mueller met with Justice Department and White House officials about leading the FBI again after Trump fired Comey in early May, the report said. But when Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named Mueller as the special counsel to oversee the Russia probe, he was removed from contention.

Not everyone is so "forgetful".
Just because one forgot does not make another a "liar".

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually the statement made was he's not a target. That doesn't really mean he's not being investigated and no one ever said he's not being investigated. He is a subject and I'm thinking just a hair away from target at this point.
Well Comey did but that was before he was fired. Everything changed at that point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join