It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News conference on Thurman Blevins shooting taken over by protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

So you mean, ran and pulled a gun on pursing officers.

That gets you shot.

Again, someone pulls a gun, sorry, but im going home to my family that night.

Careful you dont sprain anything with all the mental gymnastics youre doing.

As I said, it didn't look to me like he pulled the gun on the officers, it looked like he pulled out of his pocket to run better. Did you see him aiming his gun at the pursuing officers?

Also, did you find anything identifying Blevins as the person the police were originally called for? You said there were sources for that.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Running from the police with a gun in your hand. What a fool he was. Blevins must not have ever watched any of the COP or NYPD TV shows. Running with a gun will ALWAYS get you shot!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

As I said, it didn't look to me like he pulled the gun on the officers, it looked like he pulled out of his pocket to run better. Did you see him aiming his gun at the pursuing officers?

Im sorry were there was a statement he made after being shot he was just trying to run better?

He pulled his gun and turned towards the officers, Holy hell man , you should get a gold medal for this olympic level mental gymnastics

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Rule of thumb when dealing with the police. If you have a gun tell them and follow their commands to the letter.

If you choose to hold the gun in your hand, better shoot faster than the police, because they will shoot you.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Also, did you find anything identifying Blevins as the person the police were originally called for? You said there were sources for that.

Yeah the reports, and again at that point it doesnt matter, the guy had a pistol on him which you can clearly see and takes off running. At that point it doesnt matter if hes selling ice-cream, you run and pull a gun it doesnt matter.

The only thing youre trying to do is deflect.

This is like explaining to my 4 year old why its bad to do something and he cant comprehend.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yeah the reports, and again at that point it doesnt matter, the guy had a pistol on him which you can clearly see and takes off running. At that point it doesnt matter if hes selling ice-cream, you run and pull a gun it doesnt matter.

The only thing youre trying to do is deflect.

This is like explaining to my 4 year old why its bad to do something and he cant comprehend.

You said the original report had it, I showed you a report from the day after the incident, and you have yet to show anything indicating that he was the person the police were originally called for.

And it does matter to my original point: this man was shot because he didn't follow the instructions from the police and ran from them. If you have any evidence of anything else this man did that was illegal, present it.

And try to provide links instead of insults for a change. My four year old brain likes links.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No he was shot because he had a hand gun he grabbed from his shorts while fleeing the police-he was warned by the the police officer that he was going to f'ing shoot him.
In what world is there a question to why he was shot?

And it does matter to my original point: this man was shot because he didn't follow the instructions from the police and ran from them. If you have any evidence of anything else this man did that was illegal, present it.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If you have any evidence of anything else this man did that was illegal, present it.

1. he ran from police, thats illegal.

2. He pulled a pistol out while he was running.

3. Also he failed to comply

It cost him his life, and all of those things are illegal.

I literally, cant wrap my head around the fact that youre having such a hard time understanding those very very very basic things.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If you have any evidence of anything else this man did that was illegal, present it.

I literally, cant wrap my head around the fact that youre having such a hard time understanding those very very very basic things.

He was shot for 1 and 3. 2 is not illegal.

That's what I've been saying all along. Violating 1 and 3 gets you an immediate death sentence without a trial in the US. We agree on that, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: TheLead

I'll give you a real reason we shoot center mass -- survivors means lawsuits. And killings are always justified. No loose ends.

No , the real reason is, if you pull a gun on me, im going home to my family, and thats YOUR mistake for pulling it. And I expect officers to do the same.

Virtue signal somewhere else, ill take seeing my kids in the morning over someones feigned sense of "moral superiority"

What about the manager at that trader joe's last week who was killed by police bullets after they decided to blindly shoot at the front doors of the busy store??

And then they still took the perp alive after the fact.. Probably only so he could be liable and still alive to shift blame.

edit on 30-7-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

He was shot for 1 and 3. 2 is not illegal.

That's what I've been saying all along. Violating 1 and 3 gets you an immediate death sentence without a trial in the US. We agree on that, right?

Pulling a firearm on pursuing police officers is most definitely illegal. how.........ho.........Do you even know where youre at at the moment?

In what reality do you think its legal to pull a weapon on police?

Violating 1 and 3 gets you an immediate death sentence without a trial in the US. We agree on that, right?

um no, no we dont agree, and again that premise is completely false

I guess part of this whole debate for all these pages with you is my fault, I just didnt believe that someone could really, sincerely be that "dense" not to be able to grasp the simple concepts presented.

But the fact you just stated producing a weapon while not complying with police is NOT illegal, illustrates that you live in a reality that most of us dont share with you.

edit on 30-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: TheLead

I'll give you a real reason we shoot center mass -- survivors means lawsuits. And killings are always justified. No loose ends.

No , the real reason is, if you pull a gun on me, im going home to my family, and thats YOUR mistake for pulling it. And I expect officers to do the same.

Virtue signal somewhere else, ill take seeing my kids in the morning over someones feigned sense of "moral superiority"

What about the manager at that trader joe's last week who was killed by police bullets after they decided to blindly shoot at the front doors of the busy store??

And then they still took the perp alive after the fact.. Probably only so he could be liable and still alive to shift blame.

I would say they were irresponsible in the manner in which they detained the guy, they should have have the situational awareness not to open fire where they did.

These police officers pursuing this guy, as evidence by the video, opened fire in an empty alleyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

You watched the body cam video. You say he pulled the gun on the officers, it looked to me like he pulled the gun out of his pocket to carry it better. Did you see him point the gun at the officers or anyone else at any time?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

You watched the body cam video. You say he pulled the gun on the officers, it looked to me like he pulled the gun out of his pocket to carry it better. Did you see him point the gun at the officers or anyone else at any time?

I watched more than one body cam video.

It doesnt matter WHY you pull your firearm if youre being chased by police.

Pulling a firearm while being pursued by police IS A CRIME, and will get you shot, JUSTIFIABLY.

Everything you have stated is PURELY speculation on your part, they were justified, period. "what if he was doing it to run better" yeah? What if they had waited a split second and a man was gunned down and a family was left without its father, because of the bad decision of a perp.

Someone pulls a gun on me im not going to ponder the reasoning behind why he might be doing it, im going to go home and kiss my family that night.

I guess im done with this conversation, there is no way to pour common sense into someone who clearly has none.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Someone pulls a gun on me im not going to ponder the reasoning behind why he might be doing it, im going to go home and kiss my family that night.

I guess im done with this conversation, there is no way to pour common sense into someone who clearly has none.

OK. If some cop pulls a gun on you like these officers did, just blow them away and go home and kiss your family that night. You'll be totally justified under the 10th Amendment.

I guess I'm done with this conversation, too.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

OK. If some cop pulls a gun on you like these officers did, just blow them away and go home and kiss your family that night. You'll be totally justified under the 10th Amendment.

I guess I'm done with this conversation, too.

And this statement is a shining example of the logic youre using. Makes absolutely NO sense.

Comply and 9/10 everythings cool.

Run, refuse to comply and pull a gun and 8/10 times youre gonna get your ass shot. Pretty fkn simple example of personal responsibility and actions having consequences.

Sorry that seems to escape you or offends your logic (or whatever it is)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The BCA has released the full file for the investigation and our local news has been reporting on some of the information within the file. During officer interviews, Officer Ryan Kelly claims that Thurman not only had the gun pointed in his direction but also got a shot off. A spent shell casing was found next to Thurman's body and it matched his gun. The local news has also slowed down the video to show what is believed to be dust being kicked up from a bullet fired from Thurman's gun, moments before the officers opened fire.

NEWS SOURCE

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Hi Kharron, maybe you or someone you know is trained in the use of firearms can give us a demonstration on how to shoot a running armed felon in the arm or leg.

Running felons don't aim for these extremities. They just shoot in the general direction hoping to take out an opponent. Stray bullets may mean death or injury to innocents.

A cop has no time to aim for moving/waving limbs so the center of mass it is.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Did you by any chance read this post?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

So it appears Blevins actually got a shot off at the pursuing officers.
Maybe that will help quell the anti-police crowd.
But I have my doubts.
"He didn't actually hit anyone". etc.
smh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join