It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are just leggings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Iconic
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If that situation made you "grip your pistol out of fear"

Please, do not carry a firearm. You are very much too jumpy, and thin skinned. A pistol isn't for winning an argument, or making you feel better. It is for stopping a REAL threat on your life, or others. Not because someone calls you a faggot at your local Agway.

And a "COLT" is not an oversized handgun. A S&W Model 500 is.

Clearly you did not read the post and understand the situation. But I will help ya here. I am trained and know how and when to use my weapon. When a young perp starts throwing insults at you and is carrying a pistol that was clearly oversized for its use. Then yes anybody would become tense. When they pull up behind you and follow you to your block then HELL yes become aware of what the situation could become. I acted appropriately and for you to question my ability to act so is laughable.

Wow perp now? Did you mean prick? That would have been more applicable. Oversized for whom’s use? Is having a “big gun” worse than having any gun? You did overreact and you could have got yourself in a real nasty situation...

ETA- Did he follow you or not? You seem to be waffling on which it was. Next time get your big scary man story together before you get scrutinized.
edit on 7/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Everything I've stated still stands.

He's just a young kid. He's not going to kill you because you're wearing tights.

unless of course you live in a sharia law controlled area, detroit or chicago, then, maybe. But Kentucky? nah. Dude's just talking smack. Get thicker skin.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

I thought black material was absorbing of sunlight.

As an Australian I commend you on your proactive safety measures while gardening. By covering your legs you have reduced the risk of unwanted bites and stings.

I own some too, they are black they are UV control, the sun is getting really rough and burn right off the bat, these leggings also wick moisture and heat for coolness.
Many are buying these expensive UV control tops and leggings or you can get shorts and tanks for the beach, the cancer risk is really growing.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

Everything I've stated still stands.

He's just a young kid. He's not going to kill you because you're wearing tights.

unless of course you live in a sharia law controlled area, detroit or chicago, then, maybe. But Kentucky? nah. Dude's just talking smack. Get thicker skin.

I don’t live in Kentucky. I live in Las Vegas...well actually Henderson. And I have just as thick of skin as you. In my personal opinion I handled the situation properly. Considering where I live I did not feel the need to contact the authorities seeings as a squad SUV is three houses down.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Kentucky. That should explain a lot. About everything.

Ya that does. I have a question for ya. I used to live in Oklahoma and we had a word for truck stop prostitution but I can’t remember what it was. Do you possibly know? Google and I are at a standoff for the moment.

Lot lizard.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Lot lizard

You beat me to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A-holes like that you just make uncomfortable and they'll leave on their own.

When he called you a feygele, I would have said something like:

"Oh yeah you likey? You should see my Speedos! Here, hold this."

He's likely way more insecure than he is secure in himself, he'd leave you alone.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You should be able to dress anyway you want, without some dirtbag calling you names.
None of his, or anybody else's business.

But -- Black absorbs light. (makes you warmer,)
White reflects it, that's why it's a summer color.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Oh, I don't know. There was a guy open carrying at the hardware store. It was holster on his belt. Small piece and very discreet. I almost didn't notice it.

I'm not sure what the trouble with something like that would be. Honestly, his gun was smaller than the average cop's. I did a small double-take when I finally noticed what it was, but then it didn't bother me anymore than a cop's gun does.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I really can't comprehend the hate you're getting from some posters here OP. If some bumbling idiot hurls insults, then proceeds to get behind and follow you out of the parking lot, all while thinking he looks cool wearing his new toy out in the open?? Yeah that's a reasonable time to take inventory and have your own weapon handy just in case.

People are unpredictable. Some dbag like the one in OP is dangerously so. He was Obviously looking for a fight.

The irony is people here are calling YOU the bad gun owner. Bahahaha ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

What does him calling you a name have to do with him open carrying?
(based on what you've told us there's no reason for him to to call you names, he sounds like a douche)

But, why are you so easily scared?

You sound like a whiney b**ch.

Is it me or does this op always have a story to tell?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
WTF do tights have to do with guns? I'm not following you here, it's like you needed some reason to bitch and found it. With some clothes bragging tossed in.

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: watchitburn

Because clearly you are just so tough
Compared to you, every other man on the planet is a whinny bitch

You embarass yourself, nobody who isn't a whiny bitch would try so hard to act like they are not one

Considering the disconnect between the thread title and the content of the OP, I think WiB might be closer to the truth than you think. Woman's opinion here, I think he might have been drama queening to a point.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

On my weekend when I have yard work to do I wear black leggings under my basketball shorts. They help keep me cool and are reflective of sunlight. This should be very basic knowledge to any survivalist.

Black - reflective? Really? Maybe White but Black absorbs heat.

I didn't read any further.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

I really can't comprehend the hate you're getting from some posters here OP. If some bumbling idiot hurls insults, then proceeds to get behind and follow you out of the parking lot, all while thinking he looks cool wearing his new toy out in the open?? Yeah that's a reasonable time to take inventory and have your own weapon handy just in case.

People are unpredictable. Some dbag like the one in OP is dangerously so. He was Obviously looking for a fight.

The irony is people here are calling YOU the bad gun owner. Bahahaha ridiculous.

That is exactly how I feel. Hence the lack of me not responding anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

It's because the OP leans slightly to the left.

As far as left wingers go, AllAroundYou is one of the sane ones.

The hatred is uncalled for and unnecessary.

Shame upon some of the posters in this thread. It would be a different story if the same thing happened to one of them...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, I don't know. There was a guy open carrying at the hardware store. It was holster on his belt. Small piece and very discreet. I almost didn't notice it.

I'm not sure what the trouble with something like that would be. Honestly, his gun was smaller than the average cop's. I did a small double-take when I finally noticed what it was, but then it didn't bother me anymore than a cop's gun does.

Guns don’t bother me in the least. Will just never understand the need to demonstrate to others that you have one, even if licensed, since that makes you an instant (and likely first) target should someone be anticipating engaging in criminal behavior. I carry a gun more often than not; don’t think everyone in my city needs to know it when I’m out and about. Then again, I see no point in drawing trouble to me.

And asshats like the OPs aggressor do nothing but provide anti-gunners ammunition for their misguided mission to deprive others of their constitutional rights.
edit on 28/7/2018 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: ketsuko

Guns don’t bother me in the least. Will just never understand the need to demonstrate to others that you have one, even if licensed, since that makes you an instant (and likely first) target should someone be anticipating engaging in criminal behavior. I carry a gun more often than not; don’t think everyone in my city needs to know it when I’m out and about. Then again, I see no point in drawing trouble to me.

And asshats like the OPs aggressor do nothing but provide anti-gunners ammunition for their misguided mission to deprive others of their constitutional rights.

My issue with Katsuko response is that it implies that I am against guns. And I am very much pro guns. I don’t carry mine on me also because of my job and my appearance on the weekends. So it stays in the holster on my driver seat. I do get nervous when someone starts saying really messed up things while in an environment where children could be present. That leads me to believe they may not be fit to be holding. I never show mine because that kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hmph. At least you got a reason. I've had 1 person pull a gun on me, and 2 try to beat me half to death, just because *I exist*.

What a wonderful world we live in, huh.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think leggings under shorts on guys looks normal tbh...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

interesting take on your Black versus white opinion.
A lot of people think the same as you, Some science says otherwise.
as do the Bedouins, who know a thing or two about desert environments.
io9.gizmodo.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join