It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting lunar anomaly - MASSIVE TRIANGLE-shaped UFO LUNAR on SURFACE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

"It's on the edge of a debris field created by whatever made Ryder crater, i could easily have been dislodged by an impact and sent downslope to its current resting place."

A logical conclusion. Good post.

edit on 25-7-2018 by lunarcartographer because: edit

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: The Shrike

The size given for the object is wrong VERY WRONG downloaded the file which is 5808 pixels wide including the black strips the resolution is 0.53 mtrs per pixel the object is just over 40 pixels wide and length along a side is about 32 pixels.

So it's more like 20 mtrs wide & 15 mtrs along a side.

edit on 25-7-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

You're absolutely correct - I did check this before I made my earlier post on the LRO quickmap, so my memory must have decided to take a day off

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How big is the Stratocaster that pick was used to play?

Triangular? Maybe. Hard to tell though because all we can see is two angles. No telling what the buried bits look like.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Nice work on tracking the original image down.

If it wasn't on the Moon, I think people might be discussing erosion because it has a shim-like appearance with rounded edges like a rock eroded by water. It doesn't look any more or less brighter than other rocks and outcrops in the area which could suggest it's of the same material.

That being said, *if* we were to discover an ancient technology in our Solar System, this is how I'd like it done. Discovering the technological equivalent of beach driftwood would rock the world in a safer way than some live device approaching Earth. It used to be fun looking at the 'alien bases' on the Moon because of how great it would be to explore them. Who'd care about politics with a live-stream of international scientists roaming an ancient lunar citadel? Alexey Arkhipov had the right ideas about looking for artefacts and it's too soon to rule out finding something no matter how impossibly unlikely it seems today. We can dream...

Kandinsky, what a coincidence that you mentioned Alexey Arkhipov. In the '90s when I was surfing with WebTV and hit all of the nascent UFO forums (alt.ufo...), I think though I'm not sure now, that Jim Oberg asked me to help Alexey with a white paper he was putting together on lunar stuff. He sent me the paper via the Internet for proofreading and he was very grateful. I think I still have his message(s) from WebTV which allowed me to record on videotape 'cause I had the output of the WebTV receiver going thru my VCR. Ah, sort of good ol' days.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I thought you'd recognise the name and not many would.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Sorry I posted one of the image link's twice, the one I intended to post was here.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Sorry I posted one of the image link's twice, the one I intended to post was here.

The moon is one helluva messy place!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If you have the .tif file, did you happen to see any DTM file?
I could 3D model it if so

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Try here
ltvt.wikispaces.com...

But the resolution ain't great, except for a few locations.

edit on 7/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks,
I’ll open it up in the office in the morning and bring it into Pix4D.
I’ll post screens of the 3D model, also can send it in PDF form to whomever is interested.

Edit: Clicked the link, but it says it dead.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

2nd edit: ignore first edit. It works.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Wow.
I just clicked the link again, and it's now dead.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I went to the downloads section on the sidebar, and found the DEM section.
I’ll search in there for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The notice says the shutdown is July 31.
Get it while you can, I guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Try here
ltvt.wikispaces.com...

But the resolution ain't great, except for a few locations.

Too late, Phage

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Wow.
I just clicked the link again, and it's now dead.

Marking for posterity.

(file under category: Phage Events - Note: Phage said "wow", appears genuinely surprised.)
7/25/2018 11:01PM PST
Atmospheric Conditions: Calm
Solar Activity: Low # of sunspots as of late

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That truly is a shame. It's one of those things that just doesn't make any sense. If upgrading was found to be too expensive, just at least keep the old version available! Heck, in 5 or 10 years you could have AI do all the reprogramming for you.

It's pretty obvious "they" don't want us exploring Luna.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Will say it again LAB rocks and more rocks you have an over active imagination. Even one of your links gave a image number from Apollo 17 and if you check the real image it's not the same .

As for the size of the object on the op image look how wrong that was there is one hell of a difference from 1200 mtrs to the actual size it is just over 20 mtrs wide and just over 15 mtrs on edges. Just goes to show the BS people will claim about the Moon.

The first thing I did was download the image and check the size claim something the OP should consider as he claims some knowledge of photography.

edit on 26-7-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Nope it is the same image, the defunct site merely provided the original image identification along with that blown up section of it, this is the same image albeit a low resolution version of the original image, the body - and NO it is not just rock's so sorry have to disagree - is to the left of the lower right cross shaped lens etching on the right hand side of the image.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Looks like a rock to me.

It's called Pareidolia; our minds seeing faces and other objects in things like clouds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join