It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Appeals Court Rules Open Carry is a Right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So we're good to go in California?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Wow, how in the hell did this case have the good fortune to be heard in front of 2 of the only conservative judges on that liberal slanted joke of a court?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This is excellent news but I don’t agree with the part of your post that we should abolish all social welfare programs, that’s absurd.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: carewemust

the courts are not suppose to be liberal or conservative they are suppose to be constitutional

FDR really messed our country up

Messed them up so badly that now that is how the left gets laws passed when they cannot in Congress.

A big thumbs up for the post... you are entirely correct.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the Second Amendment protects the right to openly carry a gun in public for self-defense.

What does this mean on the state level? I know Federal Law is supposed to trump State Laws, but in actuality local law enforcement might not giva #, amiright?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Yeah but you might be the one sitting in jail for a few years until it’s finally makes it’s way to the Supreme Court to get it turned over. You got his bro go ahead, I’ll put some money on your books

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
You also have the right to be mercilessly harrassed by every law enforcement officer that sees you.

As much as I'd like to carry, man it just wouldn't be worth the risk. Cops these days like to shoot the instant they see a gun

Eh..... I saw a parent open carry as he picked his kid up at school about 6 years ago. I called the police because I thought you couldn't open carry that close to a school.

You can.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the Second Amendment protects the right to openly carry a gun in public for self-defense.

What does this mean on the state level? I know Federal Law is supposed to trump State Laws, but in actuality local law enforcement might not giva #, amiright?

Yup that’s right. Read my post above this one

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Why did you call the police if you knew he was just picking up his son?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Carry your weapon in your hand since it's your right.
When you go to Wal-Mart, the grocery store, your kids' daycare...
Just carry it in your hand since it's legal.

I can't own firearms or else I'd try this out for myself just to see how it is enforced.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: pavil

Why did you call the police if you knew he was just picking up his son?

I didnt know the person and saw him waiting outside the school with other parents. He stayed the correct distance away from the school. It wasn't like I was nervous, I see open carry enough. I thought the radius around schools was bigger than it was. Police never even came to check.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It most likely will have to go to the Supreme Court now.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yeah but you might be the one sitting in jail for a few years until it’s finally makes it’s way to the Supreme Court to get it turned over. You got his bro go ahead, I’ll put some money on your books

You do realize that since it is a federal appeals court ruling, it is now the law of the land unless the Supreme court overturns it?

So no, you would not be sitting in jail until the Supreme court rules on it.

I am so happy that I live in a state where open carry is legal and concealed carry is legal without a license out of city limits.

Y'all have just gone batsh!t crazy over what should be a simple concept.

"Shall not be infringed"

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So wait a minute......9th can rule against immigration policy thats prerogative of a President and its law of the land and applies everywhere but 9th rules affirmatively on open carry and its not law of the land.............what did I miss here?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

me to anyone wanna start a gofundme?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I've probably somewhere around a trillion books/articles/facts so my memory can be bad at times however I'm pretty damn certain FDR start the trend of appointing liberal judges rather than constitutional ones

crazy how the progressives are the ones who are all over attacking our rights

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I've probably somewhere around a trillion books/articles/facts so my memory can be bad at times however I'm pretty damn certain FDR start the trend of appointing liberal judges rather than constitutional ones

crazy how the progressives are the ones who are all over attacking our rights

Woodrow Wilson pointed out that the best way to push the Progressive agenda was by taking over the Supreme court and using it to make laws that Congress did not have the political will to pass. Read that as against the will of the people.

FDR introduced the "Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937", where he planned to just add enough Supreme court Justices that he could effectively pass any law he needed. His New Deal legislation was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme court so he intended to fix it by adding enough of his own judges to pass whatever he wanted.

The bill died in committee, fortunately.

However, it has always been a goal of Progressives to just take over the legal branch of the US to make things happen that they could not otherwise do in the Constitution.

So now, instead of trying to add physical numbers to the Supreme court, they instead pack it with people who blindly follow the Progressive mantra. And all the lower courts that they can.

Such as a judge in Hawaii making a ruling that halted an Executive Order.

edit on 24-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

ahhhh there we go.

the progressive agenda is very dangerous... I wonder... where did it come from and who's behind it and why?

are the progressives also responsible for the Federal Reserve?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I guess people in the USA can get used to more of this:

Florida Man Shot Dead Over Parking Space Row.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I’m a VA resident with a CC permit... surprisingly easy to get by the way. An online test and paperwork filed at the court house.

I openly carry more than I conceal though...especially when hiking, kayaking and generally just doing outdoorsy stuff.

It’s funny how people look at me odd bc they just don’t understand that it’s legal lol.

Being a woman makes it even more confusing lol.

Usually they assume I’m law enforcement

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join