It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Now on Page 5 of Google Search

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sites NOT using https are being pushed down. It was made clear by Google that this would be happy in ongoing.

The site has to go secure and get an actual certificate before Google will take it super seriously again.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
I've been watching this creep in over the last few weeks.

A search up until yesterday had ATS on page 2, then all of a sudden, as of yesterday, it's page five. In looking at the some of sites listed ahead of this ATS we have, for example;

ATS - Electrical Testing & Tagging Experts (I've now got this one bookmarked)

and

ATS - Automotive Transformation Scheme (Pretty interesting, if you're a narcoleptic and loving it)

Lets not forget;

ATS - Advanced Telemetry Systems (Can't believe I've never been to that one before)

And, obviously, the ever popular;

ATS - Australasian Trauma Society

But we knew this was coming;

Google And YouTube Target “Conspiracy Theories” in New Quality Control Update

Google continues to make George Orwell’s book 1984 a reality by censoring free speech and free flow of information.

At this point it's important to reflect on the popularity of the sites that I have listed above.

giving a search giant so much control over the free flow of information is extremely worrying.

But why the censorship? I know that Google at al are saying it's because of the crackpot loony stories, the alien stuff, the Nibiru stuff, but I reckon that's horsesh!t.

Personally I believe it's more than likely to be something along the lines of this

Google’s New Fact-Check Feature Almost Exclusively Targets Conservative Sites

Google, the most powerful search engine in the world, is now displaying fact checks for conservative publications in its results. No prominent liberal site receives the same treatment.

Now, people are going to say that ATS isn't a conservative publication and they would be correct. But seriously, have a look at the bulk of contemporary content and tell me it's balanced.

Regardless whether you agree with the content here or not this is clearly an extraordinary & unwarranted level of censorship and is very worrying indeed.

1st pg for me....always. No censorship...put in 1 word "Above...."

Bing, Google, Yahoo, M.S-same

And why are you searching FOR it? Stay logged in, bookmark it. Or ask any question (/)-slash ATS...and responses are 1st

edit on 23-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I use Bing.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And why are you searching FOR it

It's not about the search, it's about the censorship.

Doesn't take too much imagination to wonder what's next.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hmmm Searching for above top secret this site is the first result. Searching ATS...I stopped after the 7th or 8th page. It was all Cadillac stuff or a bunch of # from Calgary. For some reason, google thinks i'm in Calgary when I use my phone's data...
edit on 23/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
Perhaps the outside world is beginning to wise up to the magnitude of the BS here.

Just the opposite I'm afraid. Ordinary posters are getting politically radicalized and going to more extreme websites.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just searched Google for "ATS" - number 6 on the first page
Maybe , it is the country one is in...
Some countries are on their way to banning free speech on the internet...
Putting up firewalls.
Yep , you know which is meant.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Abovetopsecret.com is the first result in Yahoo search. First result in Bing.

There are 13 pages for ATS when I google searched and NONE of them showed Abovetopsecret.com.

Google is hard core censoring ATS now. Not that I expect much from google, I've written threads on how horrible they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

That's Zaphod in his truck ..maritime projects? No he is ferrying secret aircraft hehehe

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Here are a few other ways ATS is being broken down and destroyed -

- Hire shills to make posts about presidents and their scandals. Any ‘conspiracist’ should know that presidents don’t decide anything and that their shenanigans and scandals are just distractions

- Make posts literally disappear within hours by limiting how far back you can view new posts. If you look at the new posts list, you can only go back so many posts until you can’t scroll any more. So any revealing posts will be visible for only a short time to a very limited number of people.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Comes up at the top of the page for when I just searched for it .. maybe it's because I use the site ?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The sites you listed are unlikely to be more popular than ATS.

Which means that Google no longer cares about what people want, but what is politically correct.

Another company committing slow suicide, just like Facebook.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

thats the reason why google search of " ATS " returns poor results

search engine algorithms want RELEVANCE

thats it

its not "cencoerrship " its common sense

this is why i get to page 8 in the google UK list - and CBA continuting looking for :

" abovetopsecret.com "

yup :

a smalll bike shop in england

does " better " in google ranks

its obvious why

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I have 4 computers in the house and my grandkids, brothers and friends stay here a lot. They are always online, sometimes all night, not only on these computers, but their phones and ipads as well.

I would be afraid to see the Google search stats of what they get into. Every week I have to run all sorts of AV and Malware tools on them, just to keep them working!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I tried Googling ATS and gave up when by page 7 it still wasn't showing up, however when I typed in above top secret it was in the number one slot.

ATS simply doesn't do a lot of on site SEO, at least not specifically for "ATS" as a keyword. And not using SSL also means a penalty.

view-source:www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not surprised.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Hmmm Searching for above top secret this site is the first result. Searching ATS...I stopped after the 7th or 8th page. It was all Cadillac stuff or a bunch of # from Calgary. For some reason, google thinks i'm in Calgary when I use my phone's data...

That's what I was telling the OP. It's not censored in results as you and I can see.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Comes up at the top of the page for when I just searched for it .. maybe it's because I use the site ?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And today, for me, it's now page 7.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Google announced just the other day that they are now getting even tougher on non HTTPS websites.
I suspect ATS rankings may suffer even more in the coming months, even though ATS isn't a transactional site.

Websites without SSL Certificates could soon be falling through the rankings. Google has announced that from July any non-HTTPS website will be hit by marked with a warning signs in the omnibox – the search field at the top of the browser – in a bid to improve web security. With over 50% of all UK searches performed through a Google browser, the move could have a significant negative impact on the traffic of websites that do not use HTTPS security. HTTPS, or HTTP Secure, signifies that a website has an SSL Certificate. The ‘Certificate’ is a piece of code that encrypts the communication between a person’s web browser and a website, ensuring information passed between them remains secure. This is important for transactional websites, where personal or bank details may be being shared with a website.

www.akita.co.uk...
edit on 24-7-2018 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join