It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump off base on Russia, vets, queen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is the fourth one I'm posting, and I've missed a few -- they are definitely getting more and more frequent, as there seems to be false statements being made pretty much daily now. I will not be re-posting all of the fact checks that they do but I will put a link below to the whole timeline of all fact checks that they do, if someone wants to check on them more often and on many other public figures.

This fact check, like the previous three I posted here has 8 checks, although this time 7 are on Trump and 1 on Putin. If they all turn out accurate it would put the AP accuracy score to 32 out of 32, including the last three threads. This just means that we have all tried to debunk or verify the fact checks and either we have found information to confirm it or have found nothing that can debunk it.

TRUMP: “We met with the Queen, who is absolutely a terrific person, where she reviewed her Honor Guard for the first time in 70 years, they tell me. We walked in front of the Honor Guard, and that was very inspiring to see and be with her.” — remarks Tuesday during a meeting with members of Congress.

THE FACTS: No, Queen Elizabeth II did not review her Honor Guard for the first time in 70 years when Trump visited last week. She’s only been on the throne for 66 years.

The queen regularly inspects her Honor Guard as part of royal duties, often during visits from foreign officials. That included when President Barack Obama visited in 2011.

TRUMP, on increased military spending by NATO countries: “I had a great meeting with NATO. They have paid $33 Billion more and will pay hundreds of Billions of Dollars more in the future, only because of me. NATO was weak, but now it is strong again (bad for Russia). — tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: No, increased military spending by NATO members is not “only because” of him. The broader move toward rising spending by NATO countries began under Obama.

NATO members agreed in 2014 to stop cutting their military budgets and set a goal of moving “toward” spending 2 percent of their gross domestic product on their own defense by 2024. Most NATO members are spending less than 2 percent, though more are moving in that direction. The issue is not one of payments to NATO, as Trump repeatedly puts it, but how much members spend on their own armed forces.

More inside on Russia and veterans.

Associated Press
AP Fact Check Timeline

edit on Mon Jul 23 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

These keep getting dumber each time. Not one of these is a lie told by Trump.

He said he was told it was the first time in 70 years. Do you know what he was told? Who knows what Trump and Putin talked about 1 on 1? Putin misspoke. OMG

This is ridiculous.

Add - the more everyone points out non lies the more his actual lies gets burried. This is actually helping Trump but I doubt you comprehend that.

edit on 23-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
AP FACT CHECK:

In the 2016 election, Democrat Hillary Clinton received nearly 2.9 million more votes than Trump after racking up more lopsided victories in big states such as New York and California, according to election data compiled by The Associated Press.

Yes people Clinton did get more votes than Trump in California.

She also got more votes than Obama did( Murica's first black president)

AP FACT Check FAIL.

Given what we saw at the DNC convention in Phildelphia which is strangly absent from AP's so called 'FACT CHECKING'.

Foreign nationals actively electioneered for Trumps Challenger.

To wit.

Makes the entire California popular vote and Electoral vote SUSPECT.
edit on 23-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How about fact check the AP? It's not as if you're biased or anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes people.

Clinton got more votes in New York and California that the last president did.

Not kidding.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now you tell me.

How a candidate that had to build a wall around her convention, steal a nomination.

Gets more votes than BHO.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Whistling in the wind mate.
The enchantment is to great.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Enchantment? Don't you mean delusion?

Trump lies all the time and his followers/sheep don't care. I'm sure they will when a Dem is President though. Of that I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
AP FACT CHECK:

In the 2016 election, Democrat Hillary Clinton received nearly 2.9 million more votes than Trump after racking up more lopsided victories in big states such as New York and California, according to election data compiled by The Associated Press.

Yes people Clinton did get more votes than Trump in California.

She also got more votes than Obama did( Murica's first black president)

AP FACT Check FAIL.

Given what we saw at the DNC convention in Phildelphia which is strangly absent from AP's so called 'FACT CHECKING'.

Foreign nationals actively electioneered for Trumps Challenger.

To wit.

Makes the entire California popular vote and Electoral vote SUSPECT.

Let me see if I get the logic you are trying to apply here:

AP says Hillary won the popular vote, which is correct, right? Then you make a tangential connection that she also won more than Obama did and therefore the fact check fails?

If you think your reasoning is valid, I suggest we compose an email to [email protected] and see if they will correct it or if they will compose an email back that we can post here.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It’s not just Trump being a compulsive liar, his whitehouse staff are too

Sarah sanders tweeted the Queen lie originally, you would think she would check on facts but she doesn’t

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Sarah Sanders is simply Trump's parrot.

She has absolutely no creditably at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ummm...strangely...I hear the sound of minion voices laughing hysterically...to the accompaniment of fart sounds...every time I attempt to read your expose's...

Why is that...one wonders...?

This game of trivial pursuit you constantly engage in...is soooo very entertaining...
It always leaves me with that scene from Oliver twist where the lad says..."Please sir...I want some more"...?

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...strangely...I hear the sound of minion voices laughing hysterically...to the accompaniment of fart sounds...every time I attempt to read your expose's...

Why is that...one wonders...?

This game of trivial pursuit you constantly engage in...is soooo very entertaining...
It always leaves me with that scene from Oliver twist where the lad says..."Please sir...I want some more"...?

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Thank you for reading them. Take care.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I think enchantment is a better fit , he plays his pipe of Nationalism and his followers follow dancing to his tune.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A fact check by AP?
That's like a thief acting as a character witness.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is a story on the Chief of NATO thanking Trump for pressing members to increasing spending on defense.

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg praised President Donald Trump on Thursday for pushing countries in the alliance to boost their defense spending

www.google.com...

That's NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg himself praising Trump for his leadership. No mention of Obama, and it's no secret that NATO members have been reluctant to honor their 2 % pledge.

The story about the Honor Guard review is weak, the President says "He was told" so really only repeating what someone told him. Did not see any major stories about Trump screwing things up in the British press so come on, get something else if there is so much.

The meeting with Putin is unknown quantitative so how they can fact check what was said is fishy. Are the FBI and Intell family still spying and Shifty Adam Schiff leaking it to them ? Otherwise just rubbish.

Fact checking Putin on the Browser story really does not involve Trump, Putin made the claims not the President.

Again some very weak material coming from the AP which on more than one occasion has been caught red handed with a fist full of "facts" and a hand full of retractions ready to go after those facts.

www.google.com...

Here is my favorite since many are still screaming it as factual.

www.google.com...

And in all fairness, I only listed the first few found, did not include all of the others they reprinted from other organizations nor did I include the way too many to list deleted and erroneous tweets from the various reporters that work for them and forced to back track.

The daily onslaught is expected and will be met with continuous rebuttals. The AP is not immune to getting it wrong yet their own fact checkers seem to forget how to when it comes to their own stories.

We all know President Trump is not the favored son, we all know he is a politician who is bombastic, and an exaggerate but there is something else that can be said of him.

He will not spend 15 minutes to answer a question only to never answer the question like most politicians, we may not like his answer but he speaks his mind which is why he appeals to a lot of people.

Not many in D.C. willing or able to do that, they have talking points, as they are too darn concerned with reelection and getting money for reelection, they will rarely answer a question.

edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Give it up.

AP's bias is well known.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Burned once.

Never again.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
How about fact check the AP? It's not as if you're biased or anything.

That's what this is... fact checking the fact checkers. We haven't been able to contradict the last 24 checks. I'm hoping we can find one so we send them an email and see how the correction goes if we are correct. But we need to disprove it with facts, of course, not opinions.

Help us out, pick one and see if we can prove it wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

er, no.
AP doesn't get to claim something as fact and then demand others disprove their opinions.
Simple reading of their OPINIONS makes it clear they can't back up what they are saying - the onus is on them to provide evidence if they are going to make claims about someone lying.
Of the above list in the OP, 3 are straight out opinions and 1 is factual.
That's actually a pretty good hit rate for AP - usually it's 1 out of around a 100.
edit on 23/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Look at my post above. The Chief of NATO gives Trump credit for NATO members increasing defense spending and nary a word about President Obama.

I don't have the energy or the will power to review the past 24 but since I also provided the abbreviated list of AP retractions, it should suffice to cover them, the biggest one being about the 17 intell agencies confirming Russian interference. You ignored the post and almost certain you will continue to ignore the real facts

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Give it up.

AP's bias is well known.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Burned once.

Never again.

You're talking about this article, which is still accurate and similar reports based on the leaked transcript have been published in other newspapers, including Mexican newspapers. Nobody is denying that Nieto was diplomatic and played ball and tried to make friends with the new president. Although AP is not the only agency that saw the transcript and reported on it.

So, your only bad experience is a valid report that got denied by politicians and you call that burned and that's it? That's the extent of your discontent with AP?

You do realize even if this instance WAS true and you were right, that is one time in your eyes AP was wrong. And yet you comment on posts from Neon Nettle, and Fox News, and Infowars and have no qualm with the source at all? And you're preaching to me about bias.

Come on neo, we all deserve a bit more honesty than that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join