It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump off base on Russia, vets, queen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Kharron

a reply to: Kharron

Ummm...strangely...I hear the sound of minion voices laughing hysterically...to the accompaniment of fart sounds...every time I attempt to read your expose's...

Why is that...one wonders...?

This game of trivial pursuit you constantly engage in...is soooo very entertaining...
It always leaves me with that scene from Oliver twist where the lad says..."Please sir...I want some more"...?

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Thank you for reading them. Take care.

Ummm...Oho...do I detect a threat display...?

Or was that a more general active interest in my well being...?

I think I want to play your game...I'll take..."The summit with Russia was a great success for $500.00 Alex"...

You imply that there are some fact corrections to be had within the context of this segment...however...the AP account corrects no errors it merely admits that..."his own state department"...was still not privy to his conversation with President Putin at the time this hit piece was manufactured...

They also pander innuendo when they...ahem...report on what is stated by the press secretary...once again conflating the issue that she had no comment to mean that she had in any way been briefed beyond a bullet point list of things that were purported to have been discussed...

Apparently President Trump is keeping his hand close to his vest in this game of...whose the mole or leak...

Very prudent policy if one does not wish his moves to be telegraphed by the fake and opinionated...

No score on this one...but do keep up the good work...

YouSir

Threat display? In the interest of civility I choose to focus on the nicest part of your post and ignore all that which would derail this conversation or is a personal attack, and you ask me if I am making a threat display.

I'm not sure if you're completely serious, but I'll answer -- no, absolutely no threat display. Not from this side of the screen, at least.

Ummm yes...threat display...

One could hardly have missed your threads both in the Rant forum and in the Mud Pit forum in which you boldly stated that members would be carted off to the Gulag if they broke ranks with your assertions...

Then your reply to me was to..."take care"...why...I naturally assumed that meant I should be wary and tread lightly lest the ban hammer smite...

Please also quote to me where I had personally attacked you...as a matter of fact...I waltzed completely around personal affront and never asked it's hand...

I have poked more fun at myself than I have you...and I am not offended in the least...

YouSir

Oh ok, take care. That part.

No, I don't issue threats. Take care is a good bye. I usually end a conversation that way. Take good care of yourself... take care.

I'll check to see if there's a reply on the other post I just did. Take care.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Ummm...You mistake me for another...I have no favorite politicians...I loathe them all...

I have also taken the President to task vehemently when I have disagreed with his stance or policy...

If I align myself with anything it is with Constitutional Libertarianism...with an equal smattering of true Liberalism and true Conservatism...

If we are to truly progress as a species...we need to recognize the ultimate responsibility each must shoulder in order to function in a just and truly equal society...

Unfortunately we are light years from there...and how we get to there from this here where factions alienate and despise one another is beyond my ken...

I apologize if i have offended you...I personally refuse offense and affront...these are not enlightened choices and they should have no place in a world where honest people sought altruism in their dealings...

Then I realize that our natures are rife with territorial display...thus comes rancor and rank...strife and war...

Such busy little bees...see how they run...

Enough of that...right...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It's all a wash because they failed to follow thru with the empty promises.

Which part of the articles I supplied did you miss? Apparently the part where the NATO Secretary thanks President Trump for his leadership in pushing member states to contribute not only the pledges they make to the organization yearly but the promised 2 percent of GDP they are suppose to spend on their own defense. Here is a quote from a source you praise I am sure.

But NATO officials have also credited Trump with drawing attention to the issue

www.google.com...

Here is another quote from the article.

Speaking to reporters Thursday, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called the new money "a significant increase," adding that "European Allies and Canada spent almost $46 billion more on defense" since 2014.

And not one time in the article is President Obama mmentioned, not once. I would be embarrassed to argue that it took 4 years for NATO members to comply with something President Obama asked them to do.

Frankly President Trump did something no other President has done, he discussed the facts out in the public, and rightly pointed out the biggest deadbeat of all, Germany which has repeatedly failed to meet 2 percent goal much less contribute the pledged dues.

Again, not a single mention of President Obama in the article which must have absolutely killed the CNN team but instead the NATO Secretary himself giving the credit to Trump. Now silly as it is to point to the AP, that story is plain wrong, at least misleading.

It's the first time NATO has published its annual report on member defense spending since Trump was inaugurated

The most significant increases have come this year and from the most unlikely sources like Romania, Latvia and Lithuania. Germany increased their spending 0.02 percent and are still below the 2 percent pledge.

And perhaps the biggest problem in the AP story is their own editorial opinion without any source is this quote.

After being prodded by Trump to give him credit, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg 

Simply an opinion not sourced any where in the AP fact check that the NATO Secretary "was prodded" and not even in the CNN article. A simple opinion added by the AP to make Trump look foolish.

25 NATO countries have agreed to increase their spending this year, not in 2014 and like it or not, that is because Trump has called attention to it.

edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You have not offended me, but thank you. I think we have a very similar outlook having read that. I consider myself a defender of the Constitution and of human rights, even if they're not in the Constitution. I abhor lies and corruption on all sides, and I am only trying to get people to accept that this guy is no different than all the rest of them and that it's all fake.

Sorry if I've offended you, as well. I don't issue threats in person, and making one through a keyboard is even more infantile. So know that if I say take care from now on, I'm saying 'Be well.'

edit on 23-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

You have not offended me, but thank you. I think we have a very similar outlook having read that. I consider myself a defender of the Constitution and of human rights, even if they're not in the Constitution. I abhor lies and corruption on all sides, and I am only trying to get people to accept that this guy is no different than all the rest of them and that it's all fake.

Sorry if I've offended you, as well. I don't issue threats in person, and making one through a keyboard is even more infantile. So know that if I say take care from now on, I'm saying 'Be well.'

Ummm...strange...I usually end my thoughts to those who respond in my serious threads with...Be well...

Take care...and if I could call you friend...I would...it makes not a whit that I see one shade and you another...that your perspective and experience lead you to this conclusion and mine to another...

Another favorite of mine is...thank you for being...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join