It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump off base on Russia, vets, queen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Kharron

Ummm...strangely...I hear the sound of minion voices laughing hysterically...to the accompaniment of fart sounds...every time I attempt to read your expose's...

Why is that...one wonders...?

This game of trivial pursuit you constantly engage in...is soooo very entertaining...
It always leaves me with that scene from Oliver twist where the lad says..."Please sir...I want some more"...?

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Do you compose emails in this ridiculous Vincent Price cadence/style? Do you speak this way?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Interpretation:

A couple of employees at a MSM outlet do a fact check about their reality: "Drumpf is still hitler, just more stupider and fatter, and orange and dumb, and he is a liar. A global genocide is imminent, other than that - we got nuttin (unless we start comparing Trump to Hillary and Obama, then we'd have bucket loads to prove that what we're 'fact checking' is merely stroking our political bias"

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Interpretation:

A couple of employees at a MSM outlet do a fact check about their reality: "Drumpf is still hitler, just more stupider and fatter, and orange and dumb, and he is a liar. A global genocide is imminent, other than that - we got nuttin (unless we start comparing Trump to Hillary and Obama, then we'd have bucket loads to prove that what we're 'fact checking' is merely stroking our political bias"

What was that an interpretation of? AP fact checks?

You're suggesting they're amateurs which would mean their fact checks would be very easy to debunk. We have eight here, which one do you want?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CigaretteByrnes

Ummm...strangely...I hear the sound of minion voices laughing hysterically...to the accompaniment of fart sounds...every time I attempt to read your expose's...

This game of trivial pursuit you constantly engage in...is soooo very entertaining...
It always leaves me with that scene from Oliver twist where the lad says..."Please sir...I want some more"...?

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Do you compose emails in this ridiculous Vincent Price cadence/style? Do you speak this way?

Ummm...actually...I was going more for a Jim Carey cadence/style...Or was that Peter O'Toole...?

Vincent Price works it baby...

Me Likey...

YouSir
edit on 23-7-2018 by YouSir because: zero change is a constant...

(post by Sublimecraft removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wtv i #ed up
edit on 23-7-2018 by CigaretteByrnes because: F'ed up

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Ummm...actually...I was going more for a Jim Carey cadence/style...Or was that Peter O'Toole...?

Me Likey...

YouSir

Fair
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

The title is AP title, I just copy the titles so they don't get taken as my words. But as 7 out of 8 fact checks are about Trump, it does make sense, does it not?

You are referring the the Putin fact check, the 1 of the 8 that is not Trump's words, correct? What in those facts is inaccurate? Which of those figures are wrong, what proof do you have on that, basically, if that's the one you want, how would you contradict it? Let's say we're writing an email to AP and we're persuading them they're wrong. Offering opinions without proof won't take us far, they do a lot of research for the stuff they print.

I'm glad you really wanna do this, let us know what you find out!

edit on Mon Jul 23 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Me Likey...

YouSir

Fair
Thank you.

Well...one must approach every scenario...with the level of intellect it requires...don't you think...?

You are most welcome...good Sir/Mam/?

I wouldn't have it any other way...

Yousir

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

Thank you for reading them. Take care.

Ummm...Oho...do I detect a threat display...?

Or was that a more general active interest in my well being...?

I think I want to play your game...I'll take..."The summit with Russia was a great success for $500.00 Alex"...

You imply that there are some fact corrections to be had within the context of this segment...however...the AP account corrects no errors it merely admits that..."his own state department"...was still not privy to his conversation with President Putin at the time this hit piece was manufactured...

They also pander innuendo when they...ahem...report on what is stated by the press secretary...once again conflating the issue that she had no comment to mean that she had in any way been briefed beyond a bullet point list of things that were purported to have been discussed...

Apparently President Trump is keeping his hand close to his vest in this game of...whose the mole or leak...

Very prudent policy if one does not wish his moves to be telegraphed by the fake and opinionated...

No score on this one...but do keep up the good work...

YouSir
edit on 23-7-2018 by YouSir because: of the invested chest...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

And I was right as you continue to ignore the facts. The Chief of NATO giving credit to President Trump, not President Obama for encouraging member states to increase defense spending. This is a direct refute of the so called fact checks by the AP. It is laughable that they continue to expose themselves.

The AP was once a trusted source but today the absolute bias they show in their so called reporting is just plain offensive. The number of retractions in the last 2 years alone in regards to stories about the current administration is embarrassing.

As someone who delivered news for a living and my dependence back in the day when I depended on a teletype to rip and read on many occasions it is disturbing for me to have placed such blind faith in an inept and biased organization such as the AP.

Opinions are one thing but a fact check story should be accurate and the NATO story is an outright lie. Shame on the AP and shame on you for ignoring the FACTS!
edit on 7/23/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

And I was right as you continue to ignore the facts. The Chief of NATO giving credit to President Trump, not President Obama for encouraging member states to increase defense spending. This is a direct refute of the so called fact checks by the AP. It is laughable that they continue to expose themselves.

The AP was once a trusted source but today the absolute bias they show in their so called reporting is just plain offensive. The number of retractions in the last 2 years alone in regards to stories about the current administration is embarrassing.

As someone who delivered news for a living and my dependence back in the day when I depended on a teletype to rip and read on many occasions it is disturbing for me to have placed such blind faith in an inept and biased organization such as the AP.

Opinions are one thing but a fact check story should be accurate and the NATO story is an outright lie. Shame on the AP and shame on you for ignoring the FACTS!

Thanks for commenting, I'll copy the whole fact check you are saying is wrong:

TRUMP, on increased military spending by NATO countries: “I had a great meeting with NATO. They have paid $33 Billion more and will pay hundreds of Billions of Dollars more in the future, only because of me. NATO was weak, but now it is strong again (bad for Russia). — tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: No, increased military spending by NATO members is not “only because” of him. The broader move toward rising spending by NATO countries began under Obama.

NATO members agreed in 2014 to stop cutting their military budgets and set a goal of moving “toward” spending 2 percent of their gross domestic product on their own defense by 2024. Most NATO members are spending less than 2 percent, though more are moving in that direction. The issue is not one of payments to NATO, as Trump repeatedly puts it, but how much members spend on their own armed forces.

After being prodded by Trump to give him credit, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg indicated that Trump’s big demands had some effect on the military spending. He estimated European allies and Canada will add $266 billion to their military spending by 2024 and said of Trump, “This is really adding some extra momentum.” By one NATO estimate, alliance members apart from the U.S. collectively increased their military budgets by $33 billion last year.

Which part are you saying is wrong?

Did Trump not make a claim that it is all 'because of him?'

Or did all of this not start in 2014 when agreements were made under Obama?

Which of those two AP claims are not correct? And then they even add that statement at the bottom, praising Trump's demands, which shows impartiality, but that still does not contradict the corrections above, as you were implying it did.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Not lies? What are they then? Mistakes? Errors? Bloopers?
Give me a break. He's a compulsive liar.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

They harp on the Obama said you can keep your doctor. One lie in eight years and they can't let it go. Amazing huh? But this dude lies six times before breakfast every day and that's A.O.K.
Gives new meaning to the word hypocrite.
edit on 7232018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It's her job to lie. Everyone that works for trump is going to hell.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

I think I want to play your game...I'll take..."The summit with Russia was a great success for $500.00 Alex"...

You imply that there are some fact corrections to be had within the context of this segment...however...the AP account corrects no errors it merely admits that..."his own state department"...was still not privy to his conversation with President Putin at the time this hit piece was manufactured...

They also pander innuendo when they...ahem...report on what is stated by the press secretary...once again conflating the issue that she had no comment to mean that she had in any way been briefed beyond a bullet point list of things that were purported to have been discussed...

Apparently President Trump is keeping his hand close to his vest in this game of...whose the mole or leak...

Very prudent policy if one does not wish his moves to be telegraphed by the fake and opinionated...

YouSir

Threat display? In the interest of civility I choose to focus on the nicest part of your post and ignore all that which would derail this conversation or is a personal attack, and you ask me if I am making a threat display.

I'm not sure if you're completely serious, but I'll answer -- no, absolutely no threat display. Not from this side of the screen, at least.

Now back on topic, of the eight currently posted fact checks, is there one that you know is wrong and can prove your assertion? In the one you mentioned, it is a fact that the State department and the Press Secretary did not confirm Trump's claims. Are you saying they need to call him a liar and risk their careers?
edit on 23-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

YouSir

In the one you mentioned, it is a fact that the State department and the Press Secretary did not confirm Trump's claims. Are you saying they need to call him a liar and risk their careers?

Ummm...in an effort to introduce some much needed honesty into this discussion...your statement is only factual in the context of the Press secretary and the state department also did not and could not deny that the Presidents claims were factual...or not...Neither having been at the meeting and apparently not having been briefed beyond what the President chose to disclose...

This is where innuendo rears it's ugly head...your stance is that because they did not corroborate and or expound upon the Presidents claims this means his claims were not factual...Whereas my stance is that perhaps the truth lies in that neither the press secretary nor the state department are or were at that time privy to any information about the meeting between the two Presidents...and have only his limited word on what was discussed and what was disclosed as having been discussed to comment on...

Therefore your and the AP's claim that the information is non factual is specious and based not on knowledge of the aforementioned discussion...but on opining and attempting to cast aspersion through slant and innuendo...

The AP and your self should perhaps step back from this...wait until the President decides to make public any discussions and their detail with the public. Frankly...at this stage in the game the state department is relegated into what it should always have been...a department that serves at the behest of the president...
Let the leader of the nation take the lead...all others stay out of the way...

ALL others...

Why on earth would they call him a liar if they were not read in on the discussion in the first place...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I agree with what you said, if I put myself in your shoes and view it from the right side. As you said earlier, you believe they are not 'privy' to any information and we are waiting for Trump to 'disclose' some hidden agreements that are kept from everyone else in the government.

From where I'm standing, neutral and without a favorite politician, and knowing Trump's penchant for bragging -- I have to conclude that there is nothing to share, if there was he could not help himself but to let everyone know by now. As the claim is stated, they did not confirm his claims, which is a nice way of saying there is nothing to confirm.

But I agree with you, we need to wait and perhaps information will be released that shows the summit was a great success. Until that information is released, the general consensus remains that it was not.

So maybe this fact check will be made wrong in the future, but there is no proof against it at this moment. I expect AP will make an update if it ever changes.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Thank you...Sir/Mam/?...

YouSir

YouSir

Threat display? In the interest of civility I choose to focus on the nicest part of your post and ignore all that which would derail this conversation or is a personal attack, and you ask me if I am making a threat display.

I'm not sure if you're completely serious, but I'll answer -- no, absolutely no threat display. Not from this side of the screen, at least.

Ummm yes...threat display...

One could hardly have missed your threads both in the Rant forum and in the Mud Pit forum in which you boldly stated that members would be carted off to the Gulag if they broke ranks with your assertions...

Then your reply to me was to..."take care"...why...I naturally assumed that meant I should be wary and tread lightly lest the ban hammer smite...

Please also quote to me where I had personally attacked you...as a matter of fact...I waltzed completely around personal affront and never asked it's hand...

I have poked more fun at myself than I have you...and I am not offended in the least...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join