It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roseanne explains tweet I thought she was white I was fired for voting Trump.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'd still be employed because I never use that word and I don't think racist jokes are anything but hateful. Not everybody is like that. I hate to inform you.
edit on 7232018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Hmm... nope.

Just stop telling racist jokes.

The only ones who appreciate them are racists, and the only ones who defend them are racists.

Yeah, no, I will never agree with that. I'm hispanic, and I actually quite enjoy some racist humor, as long as it's done for pure comedy and not to actually put someone down. Some of the best jokes out there are technically racist. If we removed the whole concept of racism from humor, we wouldn't have stuff like this:

I used to joke with my friends and tell them that if we ever went down to Mexico I should hide in the trunk on the way back. I would never do it because it could very well have bad consequences, but it's funny to think about. One of my friends, who's mixed-black, was eating Popeye's chicken once for lunch. When I walked into the room, she exclaimed "I don't care if it's because I'm black, I love Popeye's chicken!"

None of us are racist, but we do enjoy the comedy that can come with it. If you want to believe we're racist all because we have a sense of humor, go for it, but keep this in mind. None of us have ever judged anyone for their skin color, we just appreciate a good joke.

I'd rather have that than not being able to joke at all. Also, the mama joke kayla said, yeah, I did actually find that funny. XD

To add to this, one time when I was younger, I was chilling with a bunch of friends one evening and we got on the topic of food. I happened to mention that I don't like beans, then one of my friends just started laughing to himself. He literally could not stop laughing for around 15-20 minutes. Once he finished, I asked him if he was ok, and all he could say was "You're a mexican who hates beans!", then he started laughing some more. I punched him in the arm, then I started laughing. lol

See, things can be funny when you're not over-sensitive. XD
edit on 23-7-2018 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I think you are confused about what a racist joke is.

Do you joke with your friends that their parents are apes?

Although, it is quite different joking with friends than joking about people who are not, like what happened here.
edit on 8Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:50:10 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: notsure1

I'd still be employed because I never use that word and I don't think racist jokes are anything but hateful. Not everybody is like that. I hate to inform you.

Yeah but you are a 100% proven LIAR.. So there is that..

You are probably the most racist one in the thread..

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Really?? That's a big assumption there, buddy. I grew up in a small racist town that still had the klan marching up until the 70's. I've actually dealt with many of the negative aspects of racism, from words to physical altercations, so pardon me if I reply by saying you have no clue what you're talking about.

Just because some of the things I shared don't sound bad to you, doesn't mean someone out there isn't taking offense to them. I've even been called racist for thinking asian women are beautiful, that's how far some people push this agenda.

Why yes, yes I have. I'm sorry, some people, no matter their race, look like apes. lol

I've also joked about far worse, to which many over-sensitive people would claim I'm a terrible person all because I can have a morbid sense of humor. You should hear my wife and I flirt, I'm honestly surprised we've never had the cops called on us. XD

Everywhere I've worked, I always encounter people who realize they don't have to walk on eggshells around me, so they feel more comfortable and can joke about anything. It's actually quite sad, to be honest. We've gone from a country that fought hard to be able to say what we want, to now everyone is walking on eggshells for fear of offending someone else.

Although, it is quite different joking with friends than joking about people who are not, like what happened here.

Now that right there is something all comedians should understand; Know your Audience.

That's not why I was replying to you, though. I was letting you know how wrong your comment was:

"Just stop telling racist jokes. The only ones who appreciate them are racists, and the only ones who defend them are racists."

I'm getting tired of people getting labeled racist everywhere nowadays.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Wait a second here...Are you saying that you that you have used the N word while on the job?

If one is a rapper yes.

If one is a white comedian. Then no.

Grounds for termination!

Well the black dude I work with called my Asian manager his nigga the other day. Does that count?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: kaylaluv

A bloody decapitated photo of Trump?

try again.

Psssst... it was fake.

If someone did that to me, I would consider it a death threat.

Also, as I live in the UK I would consider it a hate crime. You loony lefties love you some hate crime accusations no?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nvm.

edit on 23-7-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Ever watched a Dave Chapelle skit? His white guy impression is hilarious and never received any backlash. Racist jokes apparently work if your skin color is not white, otherwise it's not ok.

It's actually pretty ridiculous how we've been gaslit to be on edge about joking around about such things yet desensitized when it comes to much more grotesque humor.
edit on 24-7-2018 by CymaticA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You know, I believe her. The woman does look white but also her planet of the apes comment is true as well. The woman does look like that and the joke stands up in my opinion.

I feel that she is definitely hard done by in all of this. She's definitely the victim.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join