It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA aims for moon space station for live-in astronauts in next 10 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hello, ATS. I got some pretty cool news for ya'. I did a thread some months ago about the planned Deep Space Gateway, a new planned base to be built in orbit near the Moon. Now, here's an updated article which states the name now as the 'Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway;" a base where Astronauts will be able to live and travel to and from the Moon's surface via a lander.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The renewed push toward our lunar neighbor coincides with President Donald Trump's December 2017 directive pushing NASA to send astronauts back to the moon, which hasn't seen a manned American mission since 1972's Apollo 17. This was a shift from the Obama administration's focus on sending people to Mars. The space agency's Gateway "will support exploration on and near the Moon, and beyond, including Mars," it says. NASA is working with companies like Moon Express on plans to fly robotic landers carrying scientific instruments to the moon, as early as 2019. The planned NASA space station wouldn't be able to send astronauts to the moon's surface without a lander supplied by commercial or international partners, USA Today notes, but companies like Elon Musk's SpaceX and Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin could help them out.

Pretty cool, ATS and in only ten years! This leaves me excited for the future but I won't divulge to deeply into my personal opinion. So, what says ATS?

www.cnet.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Not going to happen

They cant leave low earth orbit and I dont think sd ever have

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What kinda toilets they gonna have?

a reply to: lostbook

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Not going to happen

They cant leave low earth orbit and I dont think sd ever have

Ummm...ha...ha...ha...ha...ha...

Humor post of the morning...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What's humorous is believing that we land on the moon a number of times.. Then lost all the original footage AND forgot how to do it

Its a big joke for anyone dumb enough to believe it

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Russians confirmed their rock sample is same as US sample. Unless thats collusion.0

a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The earth is flat too!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

yeah everyone who doesn't believe in the moon landings is also a flat earther, fail

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Might as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

yeah everyone who doesn't believe in the moon landings is also a flat earther, fail

But, you are all wrong, which is basically the same.

Fail.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That's pretty cool but my only concern is that NASA aimed to have the James Webb Space Telescope in orbit by 2007 and still we wait , personally I wouldn't put any faith in the 10 year time frame.

NASA needs root and branch change if the Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway is to stand a chance of becoming reality.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What's humorous is believing that we land on the moon a number of times.. Then lost all the original footage AND forgot how to do it

They didn't really lose that footage. Understanding how often and lame the excuses that military controlled projects tell the public their prolific denials of events, says everything the public needs to know, and then some.

Those missing tapes are more valuable than moon rocks and they know where every spec of moon rock is located, and when they get stolen or go missing they stop at nothing to find them and prosecute the villains with gusto. (The moon rocks given to other countries; A few of those have had them go missing because those countries lost interest in maintaining chains of custody). But they never stop looking.

With the missing tapes NASA officials say they are lost and shrug and nothing more is done? Not a CHANCE. That lie is exposed just like many lies they have told the public.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

They are part of the international space station along with all the other superpower countries with manned space capability so sure why not?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That's cause social engineering became more important than rocket engineering.

True story.

We've should have had the space revolution that would eclipsed the industrial revolution, and ushered in what should have been the 21st century.

Unfortunately we are living in the new 'dark ages'.

edit on 21-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

it is the new dark ages brought on by the internet, not sure if it's going to end up being a good thing or not

you have to really have lost your critical thinking skills TDS style to believe NASA "forgot" how to get to the moon, no record of the development of the technology or anything. complete BS

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

They haven't forgotten.

Forgetting WHO controls NASA ?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not sure that there is a need for a Lunar Orbiter at all Gorty, why not just build a Moon station in the first instance.
I would think also that supplies can be brought safely to the Lunar surface in the same manner as personnel were during Apollo.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ummm...I know...I know...the moon is a ball of green cheese...

and Aliens are keeping us from going there...or back there...or it's all an illusion of an AI generated hologram...

"My God Jim"...and..."Beam me up Scotty...there's no intelligent life down here"...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

your response is essentially meaningless

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join