It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA aims for moon space station for live-in astronauts in next 10 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: YouSir

your response is essentially meaningless

Ummm...which was the proper response to your previous post...however...much like the moon...lets not go there...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
2018 we have 546 genders.... People think rhe earth is flat, we never went to the moon, and babies should pick their gender.....

How can there be any doubt we are getting more stupid as a species
edit on 7/21/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

So, what says ATS?

Since you are asking.

What I don't understand is why go to the moon at all. I do understand the ''spirit'' of it all, the ''Man to the Stars'' motive that has kept our imaginations fired for the last 80 years, but what is the reality?

All the idealistic dreams we have, all the ''for the future'' hopes inspire us but there is one underlying motive for any all human endeavors that supersedes all of those others and that is the profit motive.

Governments ''for and by the people'' are not only rare but diminishing. What governments there are are basically controlled by ''kingpin'' despots or completely under the thumb of international corporations and we all know exactly what the bottom line is for both of those, how to enrich their own coffers.

So sure, I do understand the ''conquering'' of near Earth orbit, that being communications and ''high ground'' defense but of what use is there for going further that would bring the corporations forward to fund and promote this effort?

Nothing. From here to the moon is nothing. From the moon to Mars is , nothing. What does the moon have that would bring the huge outlay of corporate capital in order to bring the bottom line profits. Add into that equation the also well known truth that one of the main stays of that corporate bottom line is ''short term'' profits which would certainly not be forth coming from any of these ventures into ''outer space''.

And I am not buying the ''the moon has rare elements'' that will spur the development of new and exciting technologies. Every time I ask ''what special elements' what few answers that come forth still to not cover the need for the corporate capital outlay that would be necessary to ''sometime'' in the future bring the profit to justify it.

'' Space Tourism"? I don't think so. I can see very rich people taking one trip or two just for shuts and giggle, but more than that? I think not. And as far as any of us ever being able to afford a ticket? Ha.

So, all I can see this as being is a continuation of the ''pie in the sky'' future that we have been fed for over half a century.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

your response is essentially meaningless

As is your position.

So what?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Without a doubt.

Social devolution.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What I don't understand is why go to the moon at all.

Clean nuclear fusion fuel. Helium 3.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
2018 we have 546 genders.... People think rhe earth is flat, we never went to the moon, and babies should pick their gender.....

Ummm...D'oh...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Illiberation

Cuz we are the only species on earth that tolerates, and indeed emphasizes, those individuals that do not add positivity to the evolution of our particular species.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

To it's detriment.

This species days are numbered.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh yes, He3. That is a fond hope. However one of the major questions about mining and processing that is still, funding . Would that funding come from citizens, from taxes? MIght we be fed this dream so that we pay more in taxes so that the government can build the plants and factories and shuttles so that what, it would be brought back down here to provide energy for us all? Again, ha. Sure maybe a few energy corporations would dribble in a few bucks to ''help '' out but that would only be so that they could then dominate the energy markets of the future and again what we are left with would be centralized power sources.

Centralized power supply, that would be the outcome of mining He3. That would be a conservatives nightmare, one or two energy companies that control the energy to run our lives.

And all of that is still an ''if'', if it could be done in the first place.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not going to happen

They cant leave low earth orbit and I dont think sd ever have

So we're trapped here, on this ball?

We have no options, but to exist within the confines of this planet, everything else is death?

Is that what you're saying? we're addicted to this planet, like a junkie stuck on smack?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What kinda toilets they gonna have?

Space toilets, what other sort?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Would that funding come from

A Gates,Zuckerberg,Google owner et. al.

Throw in a Branson or two.

Stop being so negative.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: toysforadults

The earth is flat too!

It's true.

The firmament proves we can't leave the earth.

Ask them.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

Composting!

And they're gonna eat organic potatoes made from execremet!

Like Damons movie.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Your right huge waste of money. There is no reason to set up a base on the moon the expense is huge and the benefits minimal. Setting up a true space station in orbit is much more practical. As it can be used as a docking point for further missions into the solar system. Would even give you the ability to make a space dock and build ships in orbit.
edit on 7/21/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: SummerRain

Composting!

And they're gonna eat organic potatoes made from execremet!

Like Damons movie.

Lol, I actually didn't mind that vapid movie. A terrible break from monotony
Sandra Bullock should have been in it too though, not that other unmentionable space movie. I like her, she is my sexy ASMR.

We're all made from the poop of ancient things, however. The joys of being a carbon based life form.

My poo brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, its better than yours! Damn right its better than yours! I can teach you, But I have ... wait.. I now hope there are no space toilets..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

a reply to: watchitburn

yeah everyone who doesn't believe in the moon landings is also a flat earther, fail

But, you are all wrong, which is basically the same.

Fail.

I like your thinking.

Now explain it.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If man was meant to fly, god would have given us wings.

amirite?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your right huge waist of money. There is no reason to set up a base on the moon the expense is huge and the benefits minimal. Setting up a true space station in orbit is much more practical. As it can be used as a docking point for further missions into the solar system. Would even give you the ability to make a space dock and build ships in orbit.

I'm no expert... but it seems like it'd be a strenuous task, building spaceships in zero gravity.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join