It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Block Attempt To Question Donald Trump’s Interpreter

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Muninn

DONALD TRUMP does NOT have the right to run this country in secret. If any of you think so, you have lost your freaking minds.

Our government has been doing just that since day one.

You don't understand. I'm not referring to the government. I'm talking about Donald Trump.

That's the problem.

Honey, we've got a whole boatload of problems, but that ain't one 'em.

Of course not, the news will tell you how to feel.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

DONALD TRUMP does NOT have the right to run this country in secret. If any of you think so, you have lost your freaking minds.

Our government has been doing just that since day one.

You don't understand. I'm not referring to the government. I'm talking about Donald Trump.

That's the problem.

Honey, we've got a whole boatload of problems, but that ain't one 'em.

Of course not, the news will tell you how to feel.

Yeah, I know. But what about me?

Sorry. Your conversation has reduced my comebacks to sixth grade level.

Have a nice day.
edit on 7/20/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Do you disagree with the facts of who won the popular votes?

No, I in no way did.
I questioned your statement that "Most Americans do not want the republicans heading our government. "
If "most Americans" wanted democrats heading our government how is the electoral college still in effect?
It has been 18 years since the first evidence you sited. How has it not changed to what "most Americans" want?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Oh please. Gore won the popular vote, Bill Clinton won the popular vote, Obama won the popular vote, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. What does that tell you? Most Americans don't want the republicans heading our government. And the reasons should be clear, and I can sum it up in one word, "incompetence". They don't know how to run the government, and are too enmeshed in their ego's to listen to those who do.

*see my edit above

The Popular vote isnt used BECAUSE it would allow the Majority to rule over the minority. how? 3 or 5 states with high populations does not a representative government make. This isnt a DEMOCRACY its a republic as well. So MOST AMERICANS in those few states want to dictate how the rest of the country runs eh? Sorry not how it works.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No, I in no way did.
I questioned your statement that "Most Americans do not want the republicans heading our government. "
If "most Americans" wanted democrats heading our government how is the electoral college still in effect?
It has been 18 years since the first evidence you sited. How has it not changed to what "most Americans" want?

ding ding ding. EXACTLY.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No, I in no way did.

I agree. It's time for a change.
All the republican gerrymandering has us screwed. My state is cut up to absurdity when you see the map.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It was OK in 2008. nothing changed.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I agree. It's time for a change. All the republican gerrymandering has us screwed. My state is cut up to absurdity when you see the map.

So again I will ask, if most Americans want democrats to lead the country as you claim, how has the system not changed in 18 years?
Is it possible most Americans do not want democrats to lead the country?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: introvert

If I pinned you wrong, then I apologize.

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If that's true, then how do you explain the popular vote? Bill Clinton won it by over 8 million votes, Hillary by 3 million, and I didn't check the others. I think Gore won by a small margin, (in the state in which they suddenly had "chads", and his brother was governor.) Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I wish you would at least admit that if Obama had gone to Finland calling Putin 'strong and powerful" while almost losing his voice from being so enamored with him, and then came home and essentially told us what they talked about and what alleged "deals" they made were only for him to know you would be SCREAMING for Transparency.

And you know it.

Admit it.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Not true, we all know how transparent his administration was.🤣

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I do not dispute the popular vote. The democrats have had opportunitys to make changes in the last 18 years and none have been made. I don't understand how "most" could want something, have the opportunity to change it, and not.

I do not think "most" want the change you are asking about.
news.gallup.com...
www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If that's true, then how do you explain the popular vote? Bill Clinton won it by over 8 million votes, Hillary by 3 million, and I didn't check the others. I think Gore won by a small margin, (in the state in which they suddenly had "chads", and his brother was governor.) Just sayin'.

You know who else won the "popular vote"? I'll give you a hint - his first name starts with Bernie. When your own party craps on their own "popular vote" I'd say it doesn't help your cause.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What in secret?

Everyone knew about the summit weeks before it happened. Afterward they had a televised press conference and answered all questions posed by the reporters present. Trump does not have the power to enter into any treaty without explicit approval of the Congress, and has made no such request for approval. There is no running the country from this summit. It was an initial meeting. That's all.

My GOD, how much more transparent do you want it? The man tweets exactly what he's thinking every day. There's a press briefing every weekday, sometimes more than one. He does interviews constantly. We know that he wanted two scoops of ice cream on his cake for crying out loud! What do you want, national TV coverage of him sitting in the john?

There has not been a single effort by anyone to "run the country in secret." The only people screaming this are CNN et al and those who believe their brand of consistent lying. And the only reason they are able to make up all the constant lies and drama is because the Trump administration is so transparent compared to any Presidency in my memory.

You're being used and lied to. Wake up and smell the coffee.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh yay. Another Democratic circus sideshow averted, at least temporarily. Now how about the Congress Critters get back to doing the work of “We, the People”? And I’m not talking about the “work” of those suffering from clinical Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Less Democrat, Less Republican, WAY MORE CONSTITUTION!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What in secret?

How many times now, that we find out from The Kremlin what happened, what Trump said, in a meeting or call with Pres Trump? Every time, that's how many! It's like Trump has acquiesced all Russia/USA public relations to Russia and the Kremlin!

edit on 20-7-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You have to be joking, right? There can't possibly be someone that is so far down the rabbit hole that they think it would be wise to summon the interpreter of the president to tell others what the president said in a closed door meeting...

Just amazing really. Have you heard of executive privilege? Do you understand it's roots? Do you understand why it is a great idea? Do you understand why you don't have the right to hear every word uttered by the president? Do you understand why it would be completely unethical for the translator to disclose any part of the conversation, or even the atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

You know who else won the "popular vote"? I'll give you a hint - his first name starts with Bernie. When your own party craps on their own "popular vote" I'd say it doesn't help your cause.

QFT
I don't think trump would have beaten sanders.
Thanks dems for the 2 scotus seats
I guess gender was more important than winning for some

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The popular vote is meaningless, especially in a presidential election. It does not reflect the will of the people, at all. The most accurate representation of the will of the people is the house of representatives.

The reason the popular vote is meaningless is simple: the way our elections work (winner takes all) motivates people to stay home. In overwhelming democrat states, republicans stay home. In overwhelming republican states, democrats stay home. This isn't as much the case in local congressional elections. People have a say on who their representative from their district is.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join