It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Block Attempt To Question Donald Trump’s Interpreter

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrennanHuff

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Southern Guardian

No one provides oversight to the president.

I seriously never thought I'd see an American say these words unironically. Then the fact that so many people starred your post is even more depressing.

Such is the state of the Right Wing these days.

As I said to another member on ATS today that is threatening violence, they are radicalizing themselves through propaganda they themselves perpetuate.

I think Steve Scalise and Rand Paul would beg to differ

Good for them.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I seriously never thought I'd see an American say these words unironically. Then the fact that so many people starred your post is even more depressing.

As I said to another member on ATS today that is threatening violence, they are radicalizing themselves through propaganda they themselves perpetuate.

Good for them.

No. No it wasn't good for them. One was seriously injured and the other nearly died in an assassination attempt.

So no, it's not good...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Good for them.

No. No it wasn't good for them. One was seriously injured and the other nearly died in an assassination attempt.

So no, it's not good...

I was saying good for them, as it is their right to differing opinions.

Are you saying the right to have a differing opinion is not a good thing?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
DONALD TRUMP does NOT have the right to run this country in secret. If any of you think so, you have lost your freaking minds.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Good for them.

So no, it's not good...

I was pointing out how casually you dismiss violence upon people you disagree with. Your 'couldn't care less' attitude about it should be reconsidered.

edit on 20-7-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: grammar matters

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
DONALD TRUMP does NOT have the right to run this country in secret. If any of you think so, you have lost your freaking minds.

Our government has been doing just that since day one.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Good for them.

So no, it's not good...

I was pointing out how casually you dismiss violence upon people you disagree with. Your 'couldn't care less' attitude about it should be reconsidered.

Violence was not mentioned. The only thing that was mentioned was the differing of opinions.

So I'm unsure how you are coming to this conclusion that I dismissed violence.

Can you not read what was posted?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What you're talking about wasn't Trump trying to run our country in secret.

It was Putin running our country in secret. lol, I jest, I jest.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

You don't understand. I'm not referring to the government. I'm talking about Donald Trump.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I read just fine, I wish my typing was better though....

You discussed the right was getting worked up and would be out perpetrating violence....

there was then a rebuttal that the major acts of violence and uncivility are coming from the left, and that the victims would disagree with your sentiment.

You responded with what amounts to "so what" because you clearly don't care... However your previous statement shows you would care, if a baseball team of democrats were fired upon by some unhinged right wing nut for example. Your own statements show your dispassion & apathy for those two people specificly, it's easy to conclude that sentiment carries over to anyone with their shared beliefs.

Decent people who disagreed with the rebuttal would answer something like "Ya that was terrible what happened to them. I could see why THEY would feel that way." But you didn't even go close to that, just a "ya so what" replay.

I think the apathy should be reconsidered.

edit on 20-7-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You don't understand. I'm not referring to the government. I'm talking about Donald Trump.

He is the current leader of said government though. in effect he IS the government. Executive privlidge does allow him to lock records away. Obama did it a few times too. Unless he passes a law by Fiat he isnt breaking any law.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

He is the current leader of said government though. in effect he IS the government. Executive privlidge does allow him to lock records away. Obama did it a few times too. Unless he passes a law by Fiat he isnt breaking any law.

We have three branches of government. The legislative and Judicial branches need to grow a pair, and get this loose cannon lunatic under control. So no. Even though it might feel that way right now, it isn't. Neither was it ever intended to be, and if it is headed that way, we need to do something about it NOW.

surely you can see that.

edit: Yuppa, what if Obama had come back from Finland and said "I saw my boyfriend. We talked a lot. I made some deals. But only I get to know what they are".

What the hell would you be thinking? Especially with trump's history of having an adverse reaction to the truth?

What you would be saying in that event?
edit on 7/20/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Anyone but democrats in control. I dontn care about how as long as the constitution isnt destroyed in the process. At least 20 yrs equal time of rule like the democrats had is all im asking for. lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Oh please. Gore won the popular vote, Bill Clinton won the popular vote, Obama won the popular vote, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. What does that tell you? Most Americans don't want the republicans heading our government. And the reasons should be clear, and I can sum it up in one word, "incompetence". They don't know how to run the government, and are too enmeshed in their ego's to listen to those who do.

*see my edit above

edit on 7/20/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That's the problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

there was then a rebuttal that the major acts of violence and uncivility are coming from the left, and that the victims would disagree with your sentiment.

That was not what was said. All that was said was about them begging to differ.

Given the context of what I said, it is reasonable to assume he was referring to them differing with my opinion about the Right Wing.

Nothing was mentioned about Left Wing violence.

You responded with what amounts to "so what" because you clearly don't care... However your previous statement shows you would care, if a baseball team of democrats were fired upon by some unhinged right wing nut for example.

No. My statement shows that I think it is good for them that they may beg to differ with my opinion.

I don't care about their opinion, as it has nothing to do with what I said.

Your own statements show your dispassion & apathy for those two people specificly, it's easy to conclude that sentiment carries over to anyone with their shared beliefs.

Are you just making things up? I said nothing that would indicate my dispassion or apathy for those people. I have a dispassion and apathy for their opinion.

I couldn't care less what they think.

Decent people who disagreed with the rebuttal would answer something like "Ya that was terrible what happened to them. I could see why THEY would feel that way." But you didn't even go close to that, just a "ya so what" replay. I think the apathy should be reconsidered.

I think you need to learn to properly read and understand the words that are being typed.

You created a bunch of things out of thin air that I never said or implied.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Oh please. Gore won the popular vote, Obama won the popular vote, Hillary won the popular vote. What does that tell you? Most Americans don't want the republicans heading our government.

really
if that were so they would have changed the rules by now, wouldn't they have???
amazing how the rules to win have not changed in the last 18 years?

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That's the problem.

Honey, we've got a whole boatload of problems, but that ain't one 'em.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If I pinned you wrong, then I apologize.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Oh please. Gore won the popular vote, Obama won the popular vote, Hillary won the popular vote. What does that tell you? Most Americans don't want the republicans heading our government.

really
if that were so they would have changed the rules by now, wouldn't they have???
amazing how the rules to win have not changed in the last 18 years?

Do you disagree with the facts of who won the popular votes? Make friends with google. It knows about these things.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join