It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump’s tax return?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Things are heating up, which means we can expect more bickering and fighting and lies and chaos and so on. But this is good news for those that support transparency. It looks as though there may be enough backing to make this happen, only the NY State A.G. needs to make a request. The Governor will approve it.

State attorney general candidate Zephyr Teachout held a news conference in front of Trump Tower on Wednesday calling on the governor to grant authority to state prosecutors pursuing a civil case against the Trump Foundation to launch a criminal probe, a shift that she says could lead to the release of the president’s tax returns. Trump has refused to release his returns, bucking decades of precedent.

“Not having Donald Trump’s tax returns is a national security issue,” said Teachout, a law professor at Fordham University. “We don’t know foreign money flows to the president.”

Within hours, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who is running for a third term in November, said he would grant such authority if asked by the attorney general.

The attorney general alleged in a civil lawsuit in June that Trump illegally tapped his Trump Foundation to settle legal disputes, help his campaign for president and pay for personal and business expenses, which included spending $10,000 on a six-foot portrait of himself.

A criminal investigation would allow state prosecutors to broaden their probe, a jump in authority that often requires a referral from the governor or a state agency.

We can also expect the President and his lawyers to staunchly oppose this and try to put a stop to it, but as Americans I believe all of us should be behind this effort, in the interest of truth and transparency. We all need to know where the President's money comes from and why he did not want to divest his interests. Now, more than ever, Russian ties and investments need to be put under the microscope.

The Republican president is fighting two other lawsuits that could force him to release his returns, both alleging that he has violated a constitutional ban on accepting foreign government payments in allowing diplomats and other government representatives to hold parties and stay at his hotels. Trump’s lawyers say the constitution’s so-called emoluments clause does not apply to normal business transactions requiring payment for services.

Associated Press

Let the light in!

Edit to clarify: This thread is a report, not a personal question. The title is not my own, it is the title of the article. I think a lot of confusion could have been avoided if I'd put this into the OP.

edit on 18-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

You think Obama's IRS hadnt already nitpickered all through every one of them ever?

FFS

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You think Obama's IRS hadnt already nitpickered all through every one of them ever?

FFS

Have they?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I guess they were too busy harassing the Tea Party to get around to it eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I guess they were too busy harassing the Tea Party to get around to it eh?

I am not afraid of seeing these tax returns, nor am I afraid of what comes out of it. Are you?

You obviously care about the outcome, so tell me -- are you looking forward to seeing these or not?

+16 more 
link   
is there a backdoor to the FISA warrant and DNC server?

+2 more 
link   
Same illegal one Reid used to get Romney's.

(post by Metallicus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

They'd look through his tax returns, find he paid his fair share, and then use that as proof he isn't as shrewd of a businessman that people claim. Then they'd call to impeach because he isn't fit to lead.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

if there was anything to find in them they would have been leaked by the Obama admin already, it's a non issue
edit on 18-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

link   

I dont look forward to crap shoots, all though having less crapshoot distractions to talk think about like this one would be progress.

+13 more 
link   

Yep.

Op wants to break the law to get what they want.

In other words.

Same snip different day same party.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You don't want light, you want hate.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

haven't they been breaking the law already?

how did they get away legally with not turning in the server??

I couldn't get away with that. must be some kind of insider deal that only connected Democrat's can get away with.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
is there a backdoor to the FISA warrant and DNC server?

Why would you need one? The President has access to all documents he requests, he does not even have a security clearance. If he needs to see something all he needs to do is ask.

We, the People, sue the government and try to find back-doors when the government is being opaque and not wanting to be open. Or when agents of the government do things out of the ordinary and draw attention to themselves.

Transparency is a good thing. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

how come only a disk image of the server has been turned over but not the actual disk involved?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yep.

Op wants to break the law to get what they want.

In other words.

Same snip different day same party.

LOL!

Cmon Kharron, like every MSM DNC etc hatchetman wouldnt have already leaked the stuff if there was such a backdoor... better yet if there was actually something there?

This whole 'ordeal' is but a merry go round gimmick to keep the herd bewildered. All of US. Its what DC critters do.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

this thread just motivate me to get up a few republican friends of mine ass's to vote in Nov.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Brought to you by a member of the "By Any Means Necessary" party.

At the end of the election cycle this time?

Wipe the tears away, take a drink of something cool to sooth your vocal cords that have been ravaged by hours of screaming at the sky, and go look in the mirror.

You helped make that happen.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Typical leftists.

No respect for personal property or rights.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join