It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan/Bush "Bear" Ad: More Appropriate than Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
So we as in the US ramped things up to a point that the world almost ended. The US and the USSR ran neck and neck on nuclear weapons, we would build one so the Soviets did the same to keep up. So having the 2 leaders set down and talk instead of firing up the centerfeuge to make more wepons in a bad thing. So I take you want us to go back to the old duck and cover days where we are all at 1 minute to midnight.

That's the story anyways. Apparently many thought / think that 'most' of their "nukes" were just dummy props. How many of "ours" were too would be an interesting revelation.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: seeker1963

Considering the kind of crazy that's sprung up on the left.... I think I would be more at ease with the bear, to tell ya the truth. At least with a bear, you know if it's safe to turn your back or not.

At least with a bear, you can toss it a few pounds of meat and he'll be just fine. These wakos today... They're like zombies. Totally brain dead. They keep multiplying and their hunger for BS is insatiable.

Yep!

Same bunch who scream about our military spending now want war! Wonder if they grasp that oxymoron?

Seems the Progressives now support the MIC as much as they do CIA.

edit on 18-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

If there is vicious no compliant hypothetical bear, if it sh!ts in the Woods, does the pile stink? And is it a woods or woodlands? DOEs the bear prefer forest to those terms or coniferous mountainous terrain actually? Does the bear vote? If so who for? Does the bear stand for justice and freedom or just to reach a beehive? Does the bear strive for meaning in its life or is content to saunter flooded prairies and meadows looking for snacks? Is the bear ruthless? Is it toothless? Is it scary is it hairy?!

Omfg that old AF video just made my day!!!!!

PS - please respond as to what part of that video you feel relevant today!?

PPS- So I can laugh more
edit on 18-7-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just got to remember that Russia is a super power, just like China or the United States. They have their own agenda. Sure we want normal good relations with them but we also have to know that their communist and a dictatorship and we have to be careful with them. Putin IS KGB. Putin is Soviet era Russia. Putin sends protestors to prison and kills opponents. He's not Santa Claus.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

"Superpower" = Empire (as in dominant hegemonic military empire).

Russia is an Empire?

China is an Empire?

We keep trolling them into fitting that bill. And that's on US. We had the chance to lead the 21st Century in the dawn of a new human era, a true revolution of cultural evolution.... but everyone needed their egos stoked with aircraft carriers, overseas military bases, wars for oil we dont need, and so on.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: amazing

"Superpower" = Empire (as in dominant hegemonic military empire).

Russia is an Empire?

China is an Empire?

We keep trolling them into fitting that bill. And that's on US. We had the chance to lead the 21st Century in the dawn of a new human era, a true revolution of cultural evolution.... but everyone needed their egos stoked with aircraft carriers, overseas military bases, wars for oil we dont need, and so on.

I think super power is more defined as influence in the world. Russia is one of the only countries that can just decide to invade another country, the other is the USA without any consequences. There are only 3 super powers China, US and Russia. Size of militry, nuclear arsenal. world influence.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm an Alaskan, you do realize I kill bears, right? You can smell a bear from a long ways away, they stink like rot, body odor, wet dog, and musk. Not an ambush predator by any means.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Others realize they are in a bear proof suit inside of a tank armed with bear neutralizer or killer depending on the need.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

So we as in the US ramped things up to a point that the world almost ended.

When was this ?
Did I sleep through it ?

edit on 7/18/18 by Gothmog because: personal

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The only thing super about Murica anymore is that we're just super retarded.

Power?

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am Hoosier, and we ran all our bears off.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually we did come close to nuclear war over a malfunctioning computer part in the late 70s.
www.express.co.uk...

I've read about this multiple times, very interesting story of how dangerous it is to allow hatred and fear to override logic and common sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The only thing super about Murica anymore is that we're just super retarded.

Hey now!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
So we as in the US ramped things up to a point that the world almost ended. The US and the USSR ran neck and neck on nuclear weapons, we would build one so the Soviets did the same to keep up. So having the 2 leaders set down and talk instead of firing up the centerfeuge to make more wepons in a bad thing. So I take you want us to go back to the old duck and cover days where we are all at 1 minute to midnight.

2... 2 minutes to midnight. Ah Ah Ah Ah Ahhhh!

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

People have to admit.

Our political system has become retarded.'

link   

originally posted by: Moresby

I recommend people on ATS watch it. If you're a Trump supporter, watch it several times. And really let it sink in. It's a message that will haunt you for years.

I think you need to watch it again. It says "Prepared for Peace" not "Prepared for War" as a slogan at the end. I'm not sure what you're saying. Prepared for Peace is not haunting to me.

edit on 18-7-2018 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

For now, but they have been creeping back into my area as of recent about 40 miles south of Louisville in Bardstown. How did I not see the collusion happening, around the same time Trump gets elected bear bots move into the area and create ads on facebook,.
edit on 7/18/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually we did come close to nuclear war over a malfunctioning computer part in the late 70s.
www.express.co.uk...

I've read about this multiple times, very interesting story of how dangerous it is to allow hatred and fear to override logic and common sense.

And the time that the Russian Lt. Colonel saved the world
Dont forget.
What was the name of the old Cronkite show ?

Funny how communication between 2 countries prevents matters like that...

Oh , yeah . And the time the test fire of a missile by the Soviet Union "went wild willy" on em and arced in a perfect trajectory over the Straits...

All 3 only caused Alert status at NORAD and SAC.

edit on 7/18/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Everything Reagan is saying should sound familiar.

Your having the same EXACT conversation as your fathers.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

sorry . Big Reagan supporter , the russia of today is nowhere near the threat they were back then . Try again

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join