It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan/Bush "Bear" Ad: More Appropriate than Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The EU scares the hell out of me .

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

The EU works for the UN
Think about that.
No , wait....
Don't
I don't want to cause anyone that still lives in a "free world" to have nightmares.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Epic commercial.

The point still stands today.

Blind people shouldnt go chasing bears in the woods.

Especially Russian bears.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Funny you should say that in this thread. Gorbachev said of the E U "The European Union is the old Soviet Union dressed in western clothes"

link   
The Soviets are back?

Cool. Can I get a Ushanka?

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Funny how communication between 2 countries prevents matters like that...

Yeah, seems like the flailing side is looking to change the definition of diplomacy now that their boogeyman is actively utilizing real diplomacy to, you know, finally *solve* some of the problems the same crowd has hollered about for some years now.

Think about how ridiculous things have become. A veritable invading force is actively attacking our southern border. Any efforts made by the administration to quell that invasion or push against it is met by calls of "racism," "fascism," "OMG, we don't need walls and borders, we're all human beings, you cold hearted monster!" Meanwhile, the same administration actively meets with two historical enemies of this country who are both trying to modernize and normalize, to varying degrees, their relationships with the world. The calls immediately begin "Oh, you're letting them push you around!" "How weak, you actually met with them and legitimized their leadership positions!" "This isn't diplomacy, it's capitulation!" "He looks so weak!" Mind you these are catcalls of "capitulation" from people who supported a previous administration which traded a huge list of concessions, including permission of the architecture needed to actually build nuclear weapons, to a rogue nation in exchange for a non-binding agreement to try and be better behaved (Iran) and who allowed Russia to obtain access to 20% of this country's uranium reserves in exchange for $145 million dollar Russian donation to the Clinton Foundation.

So borders only matter *sometimes*
Russia is only an enemy when *convenient*
Diplomacy needs to be a zero sum game when real diplomacy proves *inconvenient*
Zero sum game threats leading into diplomatic meetings are *warmongering*

If you actually try to follow these (I'll take the high road here despite my instinct to drop some bombs into a still water) concerned citizens' political Chinese firedrill, your head will literally start spinning around like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Think about how ridiculous things have become.

AKA Retarded.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm not going to insult the developmentally challenged by comparing them to the Resistance and their politics, man.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: neo96

I'm not going to insult the developmentally challenged by comparing them to the Resistance and their politics, man.

Fine.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So the Cold War returns.

Not even close. Viewed without the filter of history, it may seem like the Cold War is returning, but in reality those days are long gone. The Bear is more like a member of the weasel family now if you're searching for a metaphor to use. Slinking around in the background without the jaw power or teeth to do any real damage to a far larger animal. Russia poses a threat to our local Allies, but not us.

What happened to the Doves? Mutated into hawks it seems when it suits them.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Were you listening?

“The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 25 years.”

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama told Medvedev, referring to incoming Russian president Vladi­mir Putin.

“Yeah, I understand,” Medvedev said.

“This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility,” Obama added.

“I understand,” Medvedev replied. “I will transmit this information to Vladimir.”

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Epic commercial.

The point still stands today.

Blind people shouldnt go chasing bears in the woods.

Especially Russian bears.

There is no such as a Russian bear
Russia has brown bears for the most part.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

If there is a bear?

Yes, Teddy.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

If there is a bear?

Yes, Teddy.

Ruxpin.
Sounds Russian , doesnt it ?

edit on 7/18/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It is funny to me, the liberals used to be all for talking to our enemies and diplomacy. Now they want us to go to war. On one hand you liberals say we can't be isolationists but on the other, you say don't talk to Putin or Kim? Are we in bizarre world? I for one don't like Russia or N. Korea or Iran but we can and should still engage in dialogue, that does not mean we are weak or bowing to them, just engaging them. So make up your mind liberals, war or diplomacy, which do you want? If this was Hillary talking to putting and kim she would have already been awarded a nobel peace prize.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Russia is friend of USA. Russia always been friend of USA. Only puppet master make people to think so different way.
Russia and USA two sides same coin, no? Heads you win, Tails you loose, no?
Coke or maybe you like Pepsi, no?
sometime ah you know, when big war is finally done, kaput, peoples always needs some kind bad guy, you know?
Keep business good for Heads and Bad for tails, ok.
Maybe after big bang war, great militaries of winners need to keep making profit, no?
So we have good guy bad guy game, no?

edit on 18-7-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: VVODKA

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Exceptional logic at work here. Well thought out amigo.
I appreciate it when one of us cuts through the divisiveness that ATS has unfortunately, like the rest of the world, become. Hells to the yeah as the kids use to say!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

And this is also brilliant. Or at least a comprehensive representation of your vid...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
C'mon. This post is so disingenuous. It has been the GOP that has been sounding the alarm on Russia for years that the left continued to ignore. It wasn't until Russia became a convenient scapegoat for them to achieve their aims that they started rattling their sabres and playing along.

The majority of right-leaning people I speak with consider Russia, or rather Putin, a considerable threat. But they also understand the difference between recognizing this threat for what it is and recognizing how the left is trying to manipulate the narrative to distort that threat so it serves their agenda.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: soothThe majority of right-leaning people I speak with consider Russia, or rather Putin, a considerable threat. But they also understand the difference between recognizing this threat for what it is and recognizing how the left is trying to manipulate the narrative to distort that threat so it serves their agenda.

This isn't about left and right.

It's about threats to America.

And those who care about protecting America. And those who want to give aid and comfort to its enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join