It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Putin are gay memes - Leftist homophobia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

It is the left doing it. They consider making fun of Homosexuals okay, unless it is making fun of homosexuals in a way they don't think is okay. Yeah. This is really their way of thinking. And they can't understand how Trump won, which is why they are still grasping at Russia collusion. lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I was just going through my social media feed, and I was astounded at all the attempted memes from Leftist friends that paint Trump and Putin as gay men having a fling.
Although I didn't find it funny (and I like to giggle my way through an evening), the reactions show many people think this is the height of hilarity.

Now I don't really care if people support Trump or not - what difference does it make in the long term? But, what I find disconcerting is that the so-called progressive Left (nope, not the apparent "Bible-bashers", the Islamists or any conservative group) is consistently taking homosexuality and gay male attraction to insult Trump and Putin.

I mean how many "Trump-and-Putin-are-gay" memes (because being gay is clearly an insult to these people), before you start feeling very uncomfortable, and sick to your stomach?

This is the height of hypocrisy, and no different to school-yard homophobia. Is there nothing really funny the Left can say about them?

Oh no, Trump and Putin are gay men ... ha, ha, ha. And gay men are so funny!

Over and over, and over again - imagine any other group did that to lgbt people!

Sorry, if you want political correctness then lead by example!

Grow up bro. The left and the right do it all the time. Who cares? A very good friend of mine who is gay sent me numerous memes of Trump and Putin. He thought it was hilarious as did I. Your just acting like some snowflake that sits on the lawn of a collage holding a sign but not doing anything.

If you need I have another friend that just finished the op and has a pair he can lend ya. Oh wait sorry she can lend you. And she would find this entire thread to be laughable. Just sayin
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Meme's truly are great are they not!

Lol, i like this one, careful though, theres a blowhard liberal on here that gets super angry if you insult Obama's husband...

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I was just going through my social media feed, and I was astounded at all the attempted memes from Leftist friends that paint Trump and Putin as gay men having a fling.
Although I didn't find it funny (and I like to giggle my way through an evening), the reactions show many people think this is the height of hilarity.

Now I don't really care if people support Trump or not - what difference does it make in the long term? But, what I find disconcerting is that the so-called progressive Left (nope, not the apparent "Bible-bashers", the Islamists or any conservative group) is consistently taking homosexuality and gay male attraction to insult Trump and Putin.

I mean how many "Trump-and-Putin-are-gay" memes (because being gay is clearly an insult to these people), before you start feeling very uncomfortable, and sick to your stomach?

This is the height of hypocrisy, and no different to school-yard homophobia. Is there nothing really funny the Left can say about them?

Over and over, and over again - imagine any other group did that to lgbt people!

Grow up bro. The left and the right do it all the time. Who cares? A very good friend of mine who is gay sent me numerous memes of Trump and Putin. He thought it was hilarious as did I. Your just acting like some snowflake that sits on the lawn of a collage holding a sign but not doing anything.

If you need I have another friend that just finished the op and has a pair he can lend ya. Oh wait sorry she can lend you. And she would find this entire thread to be laughable. Just sayin

Isnt ironic that when the right uses gay memes and gay insults they are all intolerant hateful homophobic bigots but when the left uses gays as an insult its alright... Isn't ironic, dont you think?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

I do find it very ironic. And personally I find it stupid. As long as you are not directly bashing someone with your own words then it is funny. But the moment someone does start throwing around comments against the LGBT community then my gloves come off.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

Isnt ironic that when the right uses gay memes and gay insults they are all intolerant hateful homophobic bigots but when the left uses gays as an insult its alright... Isn't ironic, dont you think?

Oh and just so you know. I know exactly what you are doing. Nice try but better luck next time.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Oh and just so you know. I know exactly what you are doing. Nice try but better luck next time.

I didnt "try" anything... I just did it, dont need luck, ima do'er not a dont'er

Take those gloves off, show me those keyboard strokes!!!
edit on 19-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I didnt "try" anything... I just did it, dont need luck, ima do'er not a dont'er

But I have no reason to take the gloves off. There has not been a single comment thus far that in any way is an attack.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

But I have no reason to take the gloves off. There has not been a single comment thus far that in any way is an attack.

One of my best buds is gay, I call him a fag and he calls me a breeder. Tough love i guess, he likes to play swords and i like the vajeeeean!

But, if Trump and Putin wanna bump helmets and that makes them happy then good for them, they're grown a*ss men, old grown a*ss men. And if Barack Obama and his husband are happy then good for them too lol, oh, that one never gets old.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

For a 15 yearold trying to place themselves in this world, seeing their nation laugh at being gay can be difficult to understand.

It may be just jokes....but its not displaying the values we like to think we have as a people.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SummerRain

For a 15 yearold trying to place themselves in this world, seeing their nation laugh at being gay can be difficult to understand.

It may be just jokes....but its not displaying the values we like to think we have as a people.

Those values been on display the past couple years fat man?

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

In the day to day lives of normal people, yes.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I don't give a rats arse about left or right wing politics....PC is complete bollocks and I really do not like the manufactured Generation Snowflake and being so careful not to upset anyone's feelings.

Bollocks to all that, be it from the political left or political right or whatever.

One of the greatest things about the British people is our ability to see humour in ANY given situation and to take the piss out both ourselves and others.

Funny is funny....and I'll always see it that way regardless of what the do-gooders and interfering so and so's do or say.

Some of those meme's about Trump and Putin are funny....end of.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

except yours calling a homosexual a snowflake and telling them to grow up. As a bisexual I do think it's a hypocritical low to use such memes for the humor of a political side, and yes we are aware it happens all the time but coming from the left it shows a hypocrisy and closet bias. To defend it is to defend those that are petty enough to do such things and furthermore for you to come on here and call him names and speak in a condescending manner to the op when he is offended is a callous and blatant slap to the face of not only himself and his feelings but it is also a slap in the face of those who expressed their viewpoints here without being obnoxiously rude to the op.

Just because some " do it all the time" doesn't make it justified or ok.

Some old people out where I live call black people a derogatory word ALL THE TIME! Does that mean those offended by such language and clear vitriol are snowflakes and need to grow up?!

I think the OP has a point after reading your comment.

Why don't you get lost before you dig yourself a deeper hole, I don't think your ready for a bareknuckle fight based on the attitude you have already displayed, didn't you read the sign? It says ADULTS ONLY.

edit on 19-7-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Since when is poking fun at macho attitudes with gay innuendo attacking gays themselves? It's mocking the macho boy try-hards, not the gay folk.

Kind of like me calling BigFatFurryTexan "Suzie Sugartits" if I had an opening to do so. Am I insulting women? F# no, I'd be mocking his sense of masculinity in that case. Some of you are very obtuse, and willfully so.

Disclaimer: I've never felt the need to mock BFFT for any reason, he's a pretty ok dude.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Its the gemini and libra connection

top topics

<< 1   >>

join