It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-Putin summit: 'US foolishness caused Russia tensions'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: kurthall

Wasn't there information sourced from russia to benefit both sides of the election?

Is it possible they were playing both sides to create unrest and division no matter who won?

well jesus, Sherlock, no kidding......but candidates and "most Americans" didn't give a rat's ass what came out of Russia, we all knew it was bulls**t propaganda...why?....because Russia has done it FOR DECADES against other countries....

So why is it such a big deal now, then????
The US and Russia have been spying on and trying to influence each other's politics for decades.
Selective outrage and blatant hypocrisy at work.
edit on 16/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Wasn't there information sourced from russia to benefit both sides of the election?

Is it possible they were playing both sides to create unrest and division no matter who won?

when a sitting president bashes all of his own intelligence agencies warnings, and sides with Russia over America???????...nope that's it....no more excuses or "whatabouts"....kick that traitor out of the white house, maybe you Russians and putin loyalists on ATS have to find another hobby

Just because I didn't put your choice of scripted spin on calling out Russia doesnt make me a Putin loyalist.

I said he played both sides to create division and unrest in our country. Looks like it's working. But you can continue to act like I have blinders on since I'm not picking a political side on this one. Both parties are morally corrupt and out for their own gain in my opinion.

get this traitor out of the white house....he put down his own country and sided with Russia on the world stage, while standing right next to him...move to Russia if you are so morally outraged...where's all the flag wavers???....where's all the patriots???......Obama had the balls to impose the toughest sanctions, close 2 Russian embassies, and throw out dozens of Russian "diplomats" (sic) for their interference.........and wussy no-balls trump????.....on his knees in front of putin, agreeing with putin. the only strength trump has, is in his blond hair dye.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

he put down his own country and sided with Russia on the world stage, while standing right next to him...

Quote please? He didn't take a stance one way or the other.

Its hard to take you seriously when you jump to hyperbole and call me and others Putin supporters and scream impeachment before the investigation is over, all because he skirted saying something definitive before the investigation is out.

Looks like he was playing bad diplomacy and now we have people screaming traitor.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

well jesus, Sherlock, no kidding......but candidates and "most Americans" didn't give a rat's ass what came out of Russia, we all knew it was bulls**t propaganda...why?....because Russia has done it FOR DECADES against other countries....

The US and Russia have been spying on and trying to influence each other's politics for decades.

why???.....because our president took putin at his word, said publicly on the world stage, that he believed putin, bashing American patriots working in our own counter-intelligence....where's your loyalty? where's your patriotism?.....with putin??

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Actually no, he didn't say he believed him.
What he did do was open a path for Mueller to hear from 12 Russian FSB agents under questioning from law enforcement.
If you have loyalty to Washington there is something not quite right with you. They do not represent the people as intended.

edit on 16/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

where's your loyalty? where's your patriotism?

where is the actual evidence?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

why???.....because our president took putin at his word, said publicly on the world stage, that he believed putin, bashing American patriots working in our own counter-intelligence....where's your loyalty? where's your patriotism?.....with putin??

I'm not saying I agree with everything he said, but you are clearly putting your spin, or at least perception of what he said and selling it to us as fact. Now you're implying anyone who isn't running with your narrative of what we all read as Putin loyalists. Just go breath, maybe take a nap, and try and detach political emotion from the debate.

If the evidence comes out proving Trump did something illegal, I'll be all for impeachment. Until then, I'll attempt to see things without bias.
edit on 16-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

he put down his own country and sided with Russia on the world stage, while standing right next to him...

Its hard to take you seriously when you jump to hyperbole and call me and others Putin supporters and scream impeachment before the investigation is over, all because he skirted saying something definitive before the investigation is out.

Looks like he was playing bad diplomacy and now we have people screaming traitor.

hyperbole?...how about facts....putin is a murderous KGB thug, who remained in power by killing his opponents......will you say that here on ATS???.....or are your "handlers" watching????...c'mon tough guy, where does your loyalty lie?....Moscow or Washington?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

hyperbole?...how about facts....putin is a murderous KGB thug, who remained in power by killing his opponents......will you say that here on ATS???.....or are your "handlers" watching????...c'mon tough guy, where does your loyalty lie?....Moscow or Washington?

He most likely has had opposition silenced in many ways, including death. But yes, I think you are using hyperbole.

My whole point in this thread is that Russia has been fueling both sides of many debates in our country to create division and unrest. One of the few facts we have gotten from the investigation so far is that the Russians used bots to argue both sides and get people riled up.

Somehow pointing that out makes me a Moscow loyalist? Take a step back and breath. Nothing is happening today that hasn't happened before, and contrary to what many are saying it is not the end of the world. Worst case scenario Moscow succeeds in playing both sides like fiddles till we wise up and fix the real root of our problems.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not saying I agree with everything he said, but you are clearly putting your spin, or at least perception of what he said and selling it to us as fact. Now you're implying anyone who isn't running with your narrative of what we all read as Putin loyalists. Just go breath, maybe take a nap, and try and detach political emotion from the debate.

If the evidence comes out proving Trump did something illegal, I'll be all for impeachment. Until then, I'll attempt to see things without bias.

don't patronize me.....by the way, Sherlock...impeachment doesn't have to be for something illegal....are you willing to say on ATS that putin keeps his power because he is a murderous thug????.....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

by the way, Sherlock...impeachment doesn't have to be for something illegal....

So that is just about all needed from you.
Because you disagree that is enough.
Well done!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

don't patronize me.....by the way, Sherlock...impeachment doesn't have to be for something illegal....are you willing to say on ATS that putin keeps his power because he is a murderous thug????.....

Wasn't trying to patronize, just being honest, you're obviously really worked up.

And I already said he most likely is (like 99%). That being said, so are many of our allies, and that is truly unfortunate that we continue to support regimes who conduct themselves like that.

All that said, I still don't understand how anything you've said in this thread is pertaining to my original point Russia is playing both sides of many arguments here in the states via social media and doing so quite successfully. The only thing I can gather is you're upset I'm not following "your sides" script and narrative word for word. Instead I'm saying it goes deeper than that.

Somehow me accusing them of doing more than your narrative makes me a "Putin loyalist". I don't quite see the connection, but you're entitled to your opinion. In the end, it doesn't make much difference what you and I think, so forgive me for not getting emotion involved for the subject at hand until is see all the evidence.

As for your statement on impeachment, here is article II section 4 of the constitution.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

by the way, Sherlock...impeachment doesn't have to be for something illegal....

So that is just about all needed from you.
Because you disagree that is enough.
Well done!

Unfortunately we have gotten to a point in this country people think emotion and opinion supersede the constitution.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He is not wrong, the impeachment process is political and not criminal; I just have not ever seen anyone call for impeachment based on something that was not an actual crime. It is why the dems have stopped the "impeach 45" prior to the midterms. Most people are still fair minded enough to understand an actual crime should be the starting point for impeachment.
One good thing about today is that the far extremes of both parties are revealing themselves, and both are equally dangerous.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

One good thing about today is that the far extremes of both parties are revealing themselves, and both are equally dangerous.

Absolutely, both partie's campaigns are paid for by the same people, that should be telling enough.
edit on 16-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's kinda strange that the media all goes crazy basically that Trump meets with Putin.
Imagine better relations with Russia!!! Just trying, is such a bad thing!!
Russia = bad bad bad.

Stupid media really, they should be not picking sides but bring truth not bias.

edit on 16-7-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
It's kinda strange that the media all goes crazy basically that Trump meets with Putin.
Russia = bad bad bad.

The true irony is they praised Bush and Obama for being buddy buddy with Russia. We knew all the truths back then too. Putin had been accused of killing people who speak out and they had even invaded Georgia (2008).

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
Russia = bad bad bad.

Rational people will look at this and see that dialogue is a good thing, then see the news and once again be met with a baffling media response that just underscores that the fake media are indeed the enemy of the people.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Actually no, he didn't say he believed him.
What he did do was open a path for Mueller to hear from 12 Russian FSB agents under questioning from law enforcement.
If you have loyalty to Washington there is something not quite right with you. They do not represent the people as intended.

i'll take Washington any day, compared to living under putin....

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
What an ass kisser. If Obama said that this site would be up in arms over how weak this makes the US look.

The fact is that Obama gave Russia a lot of leniency. Something those on the Right were pretty vocal about after Russia's invasion of Georgia.

What really soured relations between the US and Russia were Russia's actions in Ukraine. Which includes the annexation of Crimea and their role in the shooting down of MH-17.

All the sanctions and condemnation directed at Russia are 100% due to the actions of Russia. Anyone that thinks otherwise is probably getting a paycheck from the Kremlin.

For every action you should suspect an equal and opposite reaction.

It was the US meddling in Ukraine and trying to make them part of NATO so the US could put bombs even closer to Russia that caused Russias reaction.

If I punch you in the face and you punch back why would anyone be shocked? By your logic you have no right to punch back and if you do you are the bad guy.

Trump was right the US started the fight and it has landed on Trump's shoulders to try to find a way to end it. Unless you want the war his predecessors were pushing us towards.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join