It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company wont pay for employee meals that include meat!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

A 1$ stake should come with a free bottle of pepto

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

interesting, would they drop the policy after? would stock holders know?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Nope.

When you add the per oz to dollar ratio the Dollar Store (ugh,vomit) steak is of worse quality and higher price than any other store.

Try again.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Gothmog

interesting, would they drop the policy after? would stock holders know?

No. They most likely will cut out all company gatherings a few at a time .
Every penny saved , is a penny earned.

The Board of Stockholders are the ones who drive this sort of thing . The more stock shares sold (no matter who buys them) causes the stocks to increase in value.
As far as after the public sale of stock and to the public shareholders ? The public shareholders do not care the method as long as the stock value goes up.

It is a "new world"
Completely stock driven.
Used to be customer driven.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I read that Henry Ford tried to convince his workers to eat grass sandwiches. He was well known for eating weeds himself. He thought that cows eat grass, look how strong and healthy they are.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
F# THAT!!

I won't be turning in any expenses to that company, because I won't be working for them...EVAR!!!

Period!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

As a vegan myself, I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I commend them on their reasoning when it comes to the outrageous environmental impacts that large-scale commercial meat and dairy production has, especially on the scale seen in the U.S.A.

On the other hand, it does seem a bit of a crude move to pull out of nowhere. At the end of the day, however, it is the company that bears the expense for the meals, and they can do with their money what they wish.

As an aside: I always find it amusing when people seem to think that vegans only eat salads and tofu. After becoming vegan, the amount of recipes and different types of foods that I enjoy cooking has at least quadrupled. The key is to not become a preachy douchebag about it, like any other facet in life. Unfortunately, many people mistake a person's passion for the environment and animal rights as preaching, simply because they are a vegan.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just bring your own lunch if you want meat. It is lucky that the company actually supplies meals. Fish is allowed, I like fish, I could eat it every day, but I hate sushi or any raw fish except cured stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I would go job hunting,these liberal corporations do some pretty lame things,and Vegans are notorious for their comparison,I could count on my hand a good lookin vegan,and they have less of a life span,and look sickly,but how liberals want it,all buisness run by big brother telling you what to eat what to wear how to think,communism

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This seems like just an excuse to not reimburse the meals but it's a good troll though. Veganism seems to be incredibly triggering to many people. It's something I keep a secret, yet if people find out about it, they act hysterically and attack non-stop. It sucks that people can't handle it, it's one of the reasons I had to go no contact with my family... I stopped going to my extended family's xmas gatherings too because I literally got screamed at one year for not eating meat and it was just awkward.

I think it strikes a nerve with people because it prompts them to rethink their belief that they're predators/intimidating or some other sad concept. People think they're a lot of things that they're not and get aggressive when that idea is threatened. I personally think the design of humans is much more on the prey side. I've never seen a predator that looks like it's basically an upright stick made out of taffy with zero natural offensive/defensive things going for it.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Actually that part is illegal. Some people are required to eat meat for religious practice etc. A company cannot chose to recompensate one Employee and deny another because of what they chose to eat. They would have to deny recompensation to all employees if they don't want to pay for meat. As far as retreats they can chose to provide whatever they want.

Jaden
edit on 15-7-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I would actually sure them if they were giving compensation for some employees and not for others, can't do that.

That would be like Catholic employers saying hey we'll only reimburse you for meals of fish on Fridays.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

what kind of "weeds" make you think a grass sandwich would be good

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Infasm

I think Gothmog nailed it on the head a few posts up

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infasm
This seems like just an excuse to not reimburse the meals but it's a good troll though. Veganism seems to be incredibly triggering to many people.

Except it's not Vegan, they get to eat sushi.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

What religion has to eat meat at every meal of the day?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
I would actually sure them if they were giving compensation for some employees and not for others, can't do that.

It's not compensation, meal expense reimbursements are not considered income.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
What religion has to eat meat at every meal of the day?

The Masonic religion, we had Donner Party Kebabs last night.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Here in NS we have donair meat. Same/same, not sure if it qualifies as meat, no matter how drunk you are, or how much of an ancient knowledge frenzy you're coming down from.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's amusing that the people complaining about some company not covering meat dishes on the reimbursement list are the same folks who whine that people demand too much from their employers in the first place (better pay, better insurance, days off, maternity/paternity leave, etc)

Face it. Covering food isn't one of a company's general responsibilities to cover. If anything, if I were a business owner, this is somewhere if I covered it, I'd want a LOT of leeway in deciding what edibles gets covered. I'm not paying for your s#ty Twizzlers, Doritos and Red Bull dinner. F# that.

Hell, even when my dad was working for an international company & getting a 6-figure salary when we lived in South Korea, he didn't let them cover anything as an expense. They paid him, handsomely, so he thought submitting everything from the rent to the grocery bill like they wanted for reimbursement was ridiculous & unwarranted.

<< 1    3 >>

join