It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is American and who is not?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gothmog

This is weirdly like making some claim that someone from Kenya and someone from Botswana are both from African, both African, but the one calls himself a Kenyan while the other calls himself a Botswanan. However, it seems the OP wants us to think there is some sort of chauvanism or oppression involved in the identifier as if Democratic Republic of the Congo was actually called African nations of the Congo and all people from there called themselves Africans which seemed to "steal" or "appropriate" that identifier from the Kenyan and Botswanan.

It's like a weird SJW vibe to it.

Yahtzee!

That's exactly what I see here; someone whining about the very name of our country, because "wah". Whole thing is ridiculous.

You don't have a clue about what i was asking, i'm not trying to make you think anything at all, this is ridiculous and retarded now, i have explained very well even by anyone who does not speak english but you clearly are offended and you say "wah" and that's what you are doing too

I am not American and by how i'm finding you all think i'm thinking twice about being once i am able to

I came here to learn about culture and liked it and wanted to be part of it but looks like it is all fake

People complaining about everything then complaining about everything else, and you call yourselves adults lmfao

You just don't have an answer just admit it, did you see that link i posted? Your own country education tells you one thing then tells the rest of the world a different thing, looks like you are kept on a special bubble

I will not grow up in your stupid ideology of "the world is what i say" that's for idiot adults that can't handle the truth. I will not fall into that so thank you for your reply and density and all whatever. I'm moving forward, we won't live in the same world as you do thank you

You may insult me now because i am not your age or all that, i have seen it very much here all days, you are self entitled old fools that think you can look down on people like me because i did not go through whatever things you did, and that makes you ignorant and foolish not me, you assume that all you know is what is to know about the world and forget that you know nothing for real, in whatever age you may be

I don't care what happens but that's the truth, you "americans from whatever country" act self entitled old fools that are not even aware of the real world because you convinced yourselves that you must always be right and any little thing that doesn't fit deserves an insult back

Buhu old people, you are going away. We'll make sure to not make the same mistakes.

thanks for your service, bye
edit on 13-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I never felt so down on this site, you all suck

What is good about you if all you can do is insult someone who asks an honest question

You are all so lame and weak that anything that dares to question your reality is bad and you react like idiotic 4 year old dumb kids trying to protect the fragile reality

I feel ashamed that i used to think you were great people, i used to look up at people from america and assume they were great and nice and other things that by what i have seen none of that is true

You are weak, fat, ugly soul, self entitled ignorant, greedy, full of hate old people that try to eat anyone's energy as soon as you see them and then pretend you don't know why or how it happened and cry innocence. You just are bad people, trying to put down everyone you can to make you feel better for a bit at least to easy your pain

I feel sorry for you

Today i have seen this, i have only asked one simple question and you all came down like this, desperate to kill, so full of hate, you are nothing at all like good spirits, you are rotten already

I know people better than you. Rot all you want, i don't care anymore.

You are just lame zombies looking to eat a brain in the internet, lmfao
edit on 13-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
Yes, the name of the Continent is North, Central, and South America but there are multiple countries within the Americas Just like Africa is a continent that has multiple countries.
The USA is, say it out loud, The "United STATES of America.

But that was the confusion to begin with

"of" America

But Mexico is also "United Stated of Mexico", which exists inside North America, the same region as the "United States of America" which also happens to exist inside the North America region, inside the American continent

So America inside America and no one can say why only says "well this how it is and shut up"

What i'm saying is that i have seen lots of maps in other countries that don't specify the continent as "The Americas" but just as "America" in a global way, and then it is separated into regions based on geography, north, central and south, but the continent is named "America" and so everyone is American if they were born here but it is not at all like that

I'm thank full for your reply i just want to learn how it is actually this way and not just because i says so replies or people getting offended and patriotic, i even said that at first just because that's all i could find on the web and i got nothing but wasted time because no one seems to know "how" it really came to be

I tried to be very clear on my first post but seems i failed miserably by how some people have replied. I just don't know why every single time i tried to learn more about your culture someone has to come insult or spit on me or tell me i'm a troll, honestly why. Is just a question, if someone doesn't know the answer they could just ignore or say so but no, they have to put people down or feel offended

I'm sorry i'm just going out or thought here

Thanks for your reply i'll continue to look into this

Yes, Mexico is a country that resides in the North American continent, Canada is a country that resides in the North American continent, United states of America is a country that resides in the North American continent. America is a country within the North American continent, its actually quite simple, im just in kansas thats in my country America that resides in the North American continent. You picking up what im throwing down?

🤓Class dismissed🤓

Also, people are jerks, but i wouldnt let someones key strokes ruin your day, i had a mod take down my post then after he locked it up he didnt like what i said about Obama so he then killed a comment of mine that wasnt even direct towards anyone and gave me "1000" points because his or her or its feelings were sore over what i said. Anyhow, F em, there is no such thing as a bad question.
edit on 13-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just go to any country in the world and buy a Coke and enjoy.
That's America.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
The Queen owns your continent

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH
half the people you just wrote about are not even American. You bring shame to Mexicans with your obtuse and easily distinguishable trolling. My kids are half Mexican, and the older ones understand it quite fine.

Anyways I am not going to repeat the explanations that have already been presented to you which answer your allegedly honest question. Just figure it out man, its pretty easy.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
OP brings up a good point. Asians on the Asian continent are...Asian. Africans on the African continent are...African. Europeans on the European continent are...you guessed it, European. All of the aforementioned contain countries which further break down the identity of people via country borders (Chinese, Ghanaian, Polish, etc) After that, it goes further into ethnic breakdown, but we're straying from the point the OP is trying to make.

I get his frustration because it literally sounds redundant from an objective point of view for people in the USA to call themselves Americans while already BEING Americans as per continental identity. That would be like the the EU countries suddenly being identified as JUST European overall while nobody else on the continent not in the EU could no longer do so.

It's redundant. I get what he's trying to sort out, and he did a decent job of it with a language barrier. WTH is wrong with some of you?
edit on 7/14/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
half the people you just wrote about are not even American. You bring shame to Mexicans with your obtuse and easily distinguishable trolling. My kids are half Mexican, and the older ones understand it quite fine.

Anyways I am not going to repeat the explanations that have already been presented to you which answer your allegedly honest question. Just figure it out man, its pretty easy.

Half your kids are from Mexico? See this is where people get nationality and race mixed up. My wife is Mexican, shes from Mexico, but she is also American since she has her citizenship. But if your kids are born in America then they are American with some latina latino in em or hispanic. Which ever you perfer. 🤓
edit on 14-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Are Russian's not from Asia? People from Uzbekistan? India?

"Asian" said by those 'from there' (that live in the "Western World") is jingoism too.

Geographically speaking however, there is no "Asia" nor "Europe", there is Eurasia.

Europeans wanting to be separate from 'those other Eurasian's', vice versa, I cant speak to that head trip of theirs. But for our schools in the US to teach us first that a "continent" is a massive 'continuous land mass' only to then pull down the world map on the wall and assert that there are "7 Continents", well I was the bastard kid in elementary school to tell them 'wrong there are only 6', and in my adult life I've always taken it as an Orweillian 2+2=5 sort of scheme.

edit on 14-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Here, let me show you what i mean, in any map from the U.S. America is one country but "The Americas" is the continent, but on this map from ABC America is the continent that is divided into 3 regions

That's part of the problem. Those of us from the North American continent, have been taught that North America and South America are 2 separate continents. Central America is part of the north.

www.7continentslist.com...

There's the United States of America, I've never heard of Mexico as United States of Mexico (before today) - it's just Mexico. Canada is Canada, and we don't call ourselves "American", because that would sound like we're from the states (USA), and we're not, we're Canadian. Or North American if we are referring to the continent.

It feels odd that the two separate land masses are referred to as one continent.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

We have 3 America's.North, South and Central.

North-United States, Canada..both solo/singular countries.

South and Central America are each composed of multiple-choice.countries unlike North-U.S. and Canada.

Myself? I am citizen living on the North American continent in the United States of America.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

*double post removed by poster
edit on 14-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
But, but...what about all the Caribbean nations?

As to the topic the country is the United States of America. What else would they be called? Statians? Unitians?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It is a bit confusing.

One of the growing pains of my early childhood was finally discovering that the American War of Independence was not between North and South America, and that the people of the South continent didn't speak English with a Texan drawl.

An intellectual problem I managed to resolve quite early on, I'm pleased to say.

But it's a sticky one. It should really be 'The United States of a part of North America' to be absolutely accurate.

Otherwise the UK should be 'The United Kingdom of Europe'.

Wouldn't go down well in Brussels just now.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx
yes

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This video sums it up succintly.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
This video sums it up succintly.
youtu.be...

Honestly, i find it ofensive to good natured people in the US, this is political stuff and i just wanted to know about reasoning behind names, i don't think back then current politics even exist

There are lots of good people in the US and politics related that country are not directly related to what those people feel and wish or do every day. I have good US friends, they are special in many ways and i could not accept offending them by assuming that all of them are trash

But there are way too many people who seem to have very low self esteem and any very little small thing that goes again'st they world view where they are the center of the world drives them crazy, scary crazy to be honest, almost cult like crazy

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I am not from this continent...

I did not think i had to explain that part so much but it seems no mater how much i say it it just doesn't go through

I don't bring any shame to Mexicans because i'm pretty sure they don't care at all

I am not obtuse, i asked a very simple question and you all are ripping your clothes off because you can't accept someone can see the world from outside of your own point of view and it makes you look weak and silly and with very low self esteem. You just can't realize it because you keep screaming like little girls about your beliefs, you can't see the world from an outsider point of view and it is sad

I am not a "man", i tried to figured it out by asking you, bunch of fools, and then you tell me "Just figure it out man, its pretty easy." But guess what, it is only easy because you accepted it as true for your own point of view but did not attempt to think about the rest of the world, and so you look dumb i'm sorry but you act like that right now. I know you won't get it, you can't be wrong after all

I am very sure you don't even know or understand what my question was
edit on 15-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That guy is an idiot, you dont bring shame to hispanic americans or mexicans or anyone else. You had a good question, not everyone thinks about that but I would just ignore all the negative nancy f*uckers. There will always be someone butt hurt or offended or pissed off these days. Dont be that person, your better then that, you're a warrior!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

That guy is an idiot, you dont bring shame to hispanic americans or mexicans or anyone else. You had a good question, not everyone thinks about that but I would just ignore all the negative nancy f*uckers. There will always be someone butt hurt or offended or pissed off these days. Dont be that person, your better then that, you're a warrior!

Thank you i don't and won't be dragged to lame discussions anymore, it just seems like anything i say it considered rude and offensive somehow and it do gets to me sometimes

I know Mexicans are not hateful towards me, i am hosted by a Mexican family and every one i have met in the past year and even since i came on vacation here 10 years ago has been nice and gentle and caring, even if they did not knew me at all

I know this by myself i have lived through it so is not something someone told me and i'm glad i live here right now

I just wanted to know a very basic thing but most i got was insults and people looking down on me, it looks like i am not accepted at all in the US but i do in Mexico and other latin american countries, that's ok i love living here and never planned to go away if possible. I just wanted to know about that issue with the names lol, it took a completely different turn and now i will just drop it, is not worth it anymore

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join