It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassing and terroristic threats police do next to nothing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Oh boy do I need to vent on this one the current boyfriend of my ex is a schizophrenic nut case that I’ve had to deal with far too many times. I did nothing to this person (we’ll refer to him as SF) I haven’t tried making advances on my ex, quite the contrary when SF was under a 72hr psych evaluation she was throwing herself at me but I rebuffed her advances. SF has harassed and threatened me before and I just ignored it, the same guy got away scot free after assaulting me by hitting me in the head multiple times with a steel pipe because his adopted dad is part of the well entrenched old boys club in this town of roughly 12k residents. He left me be for a while but this week he has made up for the respite I had from SF’s insane threatening communications by renewing the assault at an unprecedented level. A few days ago he called about 10 times threatening my life, I shrugged it off and just went on because this guy has a distinct lack of huevos. Well tonight he turned it up to 11 on the crazy dial, he started calling around 1:15am and when I finally answered the phone he did his usual big man stuck in a little body talk and then went on to calling out every member of my immediate family that he knows of through my ex with threats of grievious bodily harm, including to my 18month old niece
it’s one thing to threaten my life but you start threatening my family it’s a whole ‘nother ball game. He called 45 times thus far tonight and sent a barrage of threatening texts as well. I got fed up and decided despite my previous expierence with the local PD an SF I decided to call the non emergency number and get a officer out to my place to make a report. Luckily the not so swift SF kept up with his calls and texts while the officer was taking the complaint from me and I put him on speaker phone for the officer to hear the threats first hand.

Part of what kills me about the situation was despite knowing full well his location in town the officer wouldn’t even go and make contact with SF and I now have to go to the prosecutor’s office and start paperwork on a restraining order and proceedings for harassment and terrostic threatening charges. To me it seems pretty ridiculous to lay all the responsibility on the victim and not at least make contact with the offender to get him to cool his heels. Hopefully the charges will actually stick this time. This local PD has been an utter joke anytime I’ve had to deal with them they don’t inspire confidence and if the dude shows up on my property making threats now calling the police has become much less of a viable option in my eyes. Somehow I think I would be treated much different if I wasn’t an outsider who’s only lived in town for 9 years and moved here from Cali, and had a dad that’s a big wig at one of the big universities in town like SF.

I know I’m fuming and trying not to rant too hard but does it not seem that the officer should have made contact with SF seeing as he as a history of mental instability and has continued to harass me out of misplaced jealousy and hatred?
The guy even went as far as using racial slurs against me because I’m part Mexican.

WTH is wrong with people these days?!?!?! My blood is still boiling from him making death threats against my family so if this thread doesn’t make sense I apologize I just had to get this off my chest and see if anyone thinks the situation is ridiculous as I do...

/end raging rant
edit on 7/13/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Get a taser. Keep it on ya.
good luck!.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Get a taser. Keep it on ya.
good luck!.

Well I have a CCW but a less lethal option wouldn’t be a terrible idea I’m certainly going to start being extra judicious about carrying after all this crap.

ETA- Thanks hopefully these charges that I’m going to have to get rolling today will stick and wind this piece of work in county, he can visit with his girlfriend she’s got two felony warrants on her so maybe they can pass love notes through the bars at the county clink.
edit on 7/13/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

If a cop witnessed it and didn't investigate immediately then I'd be worried. Did you record and keep the messages?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

If that indeed is true I would contact the local FBI,although as crooked as they are may be a moot point,people don't realize how some small towns are like 3rd world countrys,1 rich land owner owns most of town,ends up enforcing their laws,storys for years mostly in the dirty south,now places like SF appear to follow suit

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

If a cop witnessed it and didn't investigate immediately then I'd be worried. Did you record and keep the messages?

The officer was a witness to one of the calls I put on speakerphone while I was talking to the officer, this town is ridiculous when it comes to the city PD, whenever it’s not something serious at least with me and my clean (except for minor traffic offenses) record they will be all over something silly. I’ve literally seen 6!!!! marked police cruiser with a moped with a guy and girl on it. When it comes to me needing something done they are lazy as hell part of the reason I let the assault slide (I may end up going ahead and applying for charges for that situation as well) is because the cops came to the scene of the incident talked to me while I was holding a make shift compress over my bleeding head wound and once they talked to him and the girlfriend who I know for a fact lied through her teeth, luckily I have an audio recording of incident so I have somewhat of a leg to stand on for assault with a deadly weapon charge.

I have most of the prior and current text threats but I wasn’t able to record the threatening calls but have screen shots of the amount of calls, the officer did have me hold the phone up to his body cam while dude was making verbal threats on speakerphone.

Old timer- It’s most certainly true I considered trying to get the state troopers or the county sheriff on the case of assault but didn’t have any luck and gave up out of frustration since he was keeping his distance up until recently. I’m not sure about getting the feds involved but I suppose that is an option that I didn’t think of. What was really bad about the assault was they didn’t even take pictures of my injuries but instead said they had it on body cam which I think is a load of crap a body cam isn’t going to get the same quality as a standard digital camera picture, and on top of that they didn’t even collect the weapon as evidence. I ended up with staples in my scalp and a minor concussion but was able to stand my ground and get some shots in on him that took the wind out of his sails and sent him running back to his apartment. The whole deal is really killing me, my father has done some dumb things and incurred the wrath of the local PD but that should have jack to do with their dealings with me. Yeah this town is old boy’ed up to its neck I know where all the bigwig officers have their weekly illegal poker games and have heard of some real shady stuff about them protecting the biggest dealer in the county keeping said person as a CI against all of her competition. These times make me hate these backwoods towns.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Help me understand something, you're Big Dave and you have a CCW yet this guy hit you in the head with a metal pipe, why is he still mobile? Did you not have your pistol on you or did you not have a CCW at that point?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Sorry to hear you going through this bullsh!t. Just recently, close to where I live, a deadly shooting occurred, that claimed two lives. The suspect was arrested twice for domestic abuse in June and has a long criminal record. This could've been easily prevented, if this nut job wasn't able to post bail. Sometimes "the law" drops the ball, which results in tragedy. I agree with others, that you need to defend yourself and always prepare for the unexpected. Good luck to you.

WATERLOO, NY (WROC) - The man facing charges in the deadly shooting in Waterloo Tuesday night, that left two people dead, was arrested twice in June for domestic violence incidents. And police say he has a record that stretches back at least five years.

www.rochesterfirst.com...
edit on 7/13/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

...when SF was under a 72hr psych evaluation she was throwing herself at me...

Sounds like that right there may be the biggest part of your problem.

Do you share children together? Because if you don't, I'd suggest you remove yourself from the equation entirely.

He may have started crazy, but she obviously makes him even crazier. And it sounds like she uses you to do this.

Food for thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Get a big dog. Rottweiler or maybe a bullmastif.

Always take the dog with you where ever you may go.

The problem will solve itself.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Help me understand something, you're Big Dave and you have a CCW yet this guy hit you in the head with a metal pipe, why is he still mobile? Did you not have your pistol on you or did you not have a CCW at that point?

Classic problem of gun in truck me outside of said truck and things happening quick-fast and in a hurry and it’s not like I could go grab the weapon and go after him into the apartment. Also I was in a car wreck the week before and had whip lash bigtime in my shoulders so I wasn’t as effective as I normally would have been, but it did do the job of getting him to disengage.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I’m partial to my French Bulldog and my carry piece.

Sounds like that right there may be the biggest part of your problem. Do you share children together? Because if you don't, I'd suggest you remove yourself from the equation entirely. He may have started crazy, but she obviously makes him even crazier. And it sounds like she uses you to do this. Food for thought.

That’s the thing I’ve been done with her for the past two weeks, I have a very big feeling your correct about her instigating him against me.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Plus, you make a new friend, too.

I'd go with the Rottweiler, personally.

Dobermans are awesome, too.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Classic problem of gun in truck me outside of said truck and things happening quick-fast and in a hurry and it’s not like I could go grab the weapon and go after him into the apartment. Also I was in a car wreck the week before and had whip lash bigtime in my shoulders so I wasn’t as effective as I normally would have been, but it did do the job of getting him to disengage.

Hopefully there is a different outcome next time.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Hopefully there is a different outcome next time.

Indeed I’m done playing games with his guy. Just got back from the prosecutor’s office and have my complaint filed, we’ll see if his family has enough pull to get him off on this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but your situation is the opposite of most cases today. Usually, people making terrorist threats are confronted and often jailed if the investigation shows to be valid that he did, in fact, make such threats. The police officer in your home who witnessed the phone call is derelict in his duties. If nothing else, he should have written a police report detailing his presence to witness the threats he heard. From a legal perspective, the lack to follow up on the incident will be heard in court if he makes any attempts to physically harm you or your family. Also, the same info may be used against you if you attempt to use deadly force to protect yourself. Don't think that can't happen.

However, many changes have occurred since the "war on crime" was established. And, the sad fact is you have to be cognizant of your rights and how the system is operating today. Many people end up bringing this type of ineptness to their family lawyer. And, you may have to do the same. First of all, you need the proper documentation that your complaint was heard once you notified the police. And, I highly recommend you to seek the protection order mentioned in your rant. I hope you have a copy of the police officer's visit. By law, he has to account for his time and all the incidents during his shift. Thus, he had to make a report on his visit. As to what he wrote on his report may or may not help in certain aspects of the call, the mere fact you have proof to show a judge that you did, in fact, report your concerns in an effort to seek an end to such threats were done on your part. The wording of the report can be argued in court.

Make a detailed journal on "anything" that is relevant to your case. Period. List all the phone calls times, duration, and the identification of the caller. List all appointments and any interaction with police, lawyer, or witnesses that may be in need in your case. Depending on your State's laws, attempt to record all calls for future reference. I'd also would make an attempt to speak to a detective on their part to either stop this person's behavior or the proper advice to seek the peace.

Depending on your personal opinions, I'd consider the ownership of a firearm. If so, make sure it meets all state and federal regulations and laws. However, I will advise you do one thing better. Purchase gun liability insurance. It is available and somewhat cheap. However, they provide legal assistance to anyone they cover who have had to make a lethal response to protect themselves and or other innocent persons involved. Due to the current storm of anti-gunners and the laws they create, there is a real need to protect yourself from either some zealous prosecutor or others who could care less of you or your situation. And, by all means, keep abreast of all laws that that may be relevant to your situation.

Armed with all this vital information you can prevail despite all threats otherwise. The journal and list of all information will assist you if the need arises. I am not one to dismiss such threats and it's far better to be prepared for any attempts to harm you. After all, such threats are a serious matter that requires a serious solution. All too often we hear of others who either died as a result or suffered after they pulled the trigger. But, one thing they can't stop is your right to protect yourself if you honestly believe your life is threatened. And, I'm not one to negotiate from a weak position. Anyone who threatens my life or the life of family members is fair game if and when lethal force is warranted. And, I won't hesitate.

Good luck. And, I agree with you and your rant is warranted today as a result of the cloud of political correctness. To Hell with these divisive types and their motives. I expect the police to do their job and if they fail and it harms me, there will be a day in court to seek justice. The sad fact is we are always within a hateful and threatening environment. There is always someone who needs to be "educated" that their behavior won't be allowed nor accepted.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dagann
Thanks for the sage advice. The officer did make a report which I got from the station prior to going to file my affidavit with the prosecutor. One of the things that had me so fired up was I told the cop where the SOB lives which is only 5 blocks or so from my house, and the officer wouldn’t go to his apartment and make contact with him and straighten him out. I have everything documented and screenshot. On the police report he does have harassment and terroristic threatening but the only misdemeanor on the TT charge which I personally feel should be Class D felony TT due to the severity and previous run ins with this individual. I’m a gun toting red blooded American and I do have CCW insurance luckily in town the prosecutor doesn’t make a political game going after people who used a weapon in legitimate self defense but the insurance is a nice buffer for any legal fees. If he ends up in ADC he’s going to have a proper education my brother was a CO and was liked and respected by all the inmates and other COs so if he gets our distinctive last name associated with him he’s going to be treated “real kind like”. I don’t see anyway for him to weasel out of this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If they do not do anything, call the FBI and tell them what is going on.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well interesting turn of events it looks like the jackass finally lost all his marbles, I heard through a little bird that he took a bunch of meds in attempt to off himself and ran out of his apartment buck nekid so he’s off to the funny farm either way. I’m still pressing charges even if he pleas insanity at least he’ll have some more time to think about his life choices in the funny farm.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Dude got out of the funny farm only to go visit his GF (my ex) in county and got arrested, how perfect! He’s out on an ankle monitor with a restraining order and an ankle monitor with a no go zone setup around my house.

top topics

join