It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisdom teeth not come through yet-unusual?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hi,
I'm a 23 year-old man and my wisdom teeth have not come through yet but I have occasional pain where the wisdom teeth erupt from.Is this normal or abnormal and should ask my dentist about it when I go for my next dental check-up?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiracyskeptic
Hi,
I'm a 23 year-old man and my wisdom teeth have not come through yet but I have occasional pain where the wisdom teeth erupt from.Is this normal or abnormal and should ask my dentist about it when I go for my next dental check-up?

You obviously haven't gained enough wisdom YET

Seriously your dentist will keep you right.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

As far as I'm aware, not everybody gets them, and some like myself only get the bottom ones.

For what it's worth, I'm also a bloke and mine didn't appear until my late-twenties.

One of them is fine and functional, and the other is on its side inside my mandible, they call this an 'impacted wisdom tooth', but my dentist calls it my sleeping beauty lol

You'll be fine,

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I didn't have any, no worries.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

I didn't have any, no worries.

Most peoples wisdom teeth never come in because the jawbone no longer grows as long as it use to. That is the explanation the Biologist teach in the Uni's. It seemed wrong when I was studying but we also no longer need our appendix so maybe it is an adaptation we don't need so many teeth.

I wish they would grow back if one fell out. LOL!

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

My never came, and happy to have it so. Yeaaars have passed. Archeologist will check on my cranium and go: hey, this fella never got his wisdom teeth, he’s an alien hybrid.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Another vote for - never had any!

Note: If you ask your dentist about it, they will automatically understand this to be code-speak for..."I have WAY too much extra cash floating around and need to have much of it taken off my hands to lessen my burden!"...and will immediately find something else wrong which will cost twice as much to fix!!

edit on 7/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
My ONE erupted and impacted at age 35, some folks don't have any. You could get an X-ray to find if you have any pending WT to be worried about.

Heres mine right before i got it out - see that one on the lower far right!

Possibly the most painful/awkward event so far in my life getting that f* out and recovering

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Some people never have them come in. See your dentist

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I also never had them emerge, but they did cause pain and slightly shifted my other teeth around when they made a hefty effort.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Mine didn't decide to to make a go of it until very late and caused a lot of problems doing so. A dentist suggested I get them out when about your age, -I should have listened.

Based on that, I'd suggest to get checked out and have them removed if they are down there waiting.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I fought the suggestion of having mine removed for a long time. Didn't have mine out until the late 20s when a dentist finally said they were impacted and never going to either subside or come in and just start causing me worse pain.

I've also had neck surgery.

If I had to choose between the two procedures? I'd have the neck surgery again.

My grandmother, however, never had any indication that she had any until she was well into her 70s and suddenly they decided to come in. I'd say if you occasionally have bouts of discomfort from them that yours are going to cause you problems though if they can't come up. So I'd ask the dentist to take a look.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

My wife is in her 30s and not all have come through. I had mine removed at 17. Everyone is different.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

I had mine done in the 90s and they put me under and cut open my gum and drilled the teeth to pieces and extracted the pieces.

Woke up and had chipmunk cheeks. Percocets did nothing for me.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiracyskeptic
Is this normal or abnormal and should ask my dentist about it when I go for my next dental check-up?

Yes, just ask your dentist next time you see him/her. Doubt anyone on ATS can actually help you, even if we were all armchair dentists .

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wisdom teeth was an evolutionary dead end.

Modern man simply doesn't need them.

If they don't come in count yourself lucky.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, your dentist is the only one who can give you an appropriate anwser, however I can tell you that I am North of 40 and never had my wisdom teeth come out. My brother did has his cut out when was a teen so I think it is not something that effects everyone.

I would wait and see if you can, if the pain worsens of course go to the dentist and find out what's going on, I never had any pain or anything to deal with but I think it is normal unless severe. Wish you the best with it, hopefully they will just decide to stay dormant and you don't need them pulled.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I got put under and it wasn't the initial aftermath. It was the bruising in my jaws, the constant leaking of blood that made me sick to my stomach, and the horrific dry socket that got to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not everybody sprouts theirs. A third or so of the population never gets them. Out of my siblings, parents & both sets of grand parents, only my dad developed his, so genetically, it seems we're predisposed to not have wisdom teeth. Evolution, gotta love it. It's not a useful tooth set to have anymore, so it's dying out.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My dentist said I must have them removed as a teen. I saw the x-ray and said I think about it. They would get a little swollen and minor pain while breaking through the gums but now all four are back there perfectly fine. But I'm still an idiot. What people do back in the day? I seriously wonder about that. And why are they called wisdom teeth? Mine were growing pretty straight though according to the x-ray. If they were crooked I would of had them removed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join