It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marchers in Gun-Free Chicago Shut Down Major Expressway to Protest Guns.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How did you know I was a fan?

Stay outta my head!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Ban Handguns,

Allow everything else...

Sorry, but I'd rather have something a little bigger to scare off riffraff

We'd also see, that it's not the case of legal guns on the street being the issue, the issue is the illegal guns in gang hands defending turf without the care of those around them, and the issue of how cops have grown tired of that, some to the point of being apathetic and racist and causing a deeper issue.

It's rarely the legal guns that lead to the bulk of issues, the recent school shooting crap is a different story is is a result of legal guns, but that's less a gun issue and more a mental health issue and poor gun ownership an lack of gunsafe an biometrics.

Loss of life is preventable, but so is stupid.

If you don’t think the gangs have long guns, shotguns, bigger, you might do a bit more research. No gun ban is going to fix the gang problems. The communities where the gangs are established need to step up and engage, from City Hall down. To be honest, I sometimes wonder if since they won’t engage, how much do those city officials make from the gang businesses.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

How did you know I was a fan?

Who isn't?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Should they be protesting gun violence, or gang violence?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Ban Handguns,

Allow everything else...

Sorry, but I'd rather have something a little bigger to scare off riffraff

We'd also see, that it's not the case of legal guns on the street being the issue, the issue is the illegal guns in gang hands defending turf without the care of those around them, and the issue of how cops have grown tired of that, some to the point of being apathetic and racist and causing a deeper issue.

It's rarely the legal guns that lead to the bulk of issues, the recent school shooting crap is a different story is is a result of legal guns, but that's less a gun issue and more a mental health issue and poor gun ownership an lack of gunsafe an biometrics.

Loss of life is preventable, but so is stupid.

If you don’t think the gangs have long guns, shotguns, bigger, you might do a bit more research. No gun ban is going to fix the gang problems. The communities where the gangs are established need to step up and engage, from City Hall down. To be honest, I sometimes wonder if since they won’t engage, how much do those city officials make from the gang businesses.

The gangs donate to their wives charities, that is one possible reason why the politicians do NOT shut them down permanently. Am I wrong to say that, NOPE, no way.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Even staunch gun rights advocates have argued that this approach can be an effective crime deterrent where restrictions on lawful gun ownership are both unconstitutional and ineffective.

Hey as long as you are using this as the basis of your standpoint I have to say

Increasing penalties for crimes committed with firearms are much more effective. They eliminate a threat long-term after a crime is committed while possessing a weapon

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

They are.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Does OP know that Chicago isnt gun free anymore? The supreme court did away with that years ago.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The Reverend Jesse Jackson said that protesting gun/gang violence in the neighborhoods didn't work. So they've escalated to disrupting mainstream areas of the city.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: carewemust

Banning kitchen knives, cars, alcohol and baseball bat bans are next

Not before golf clubs. I hear they are a decent weapon amongst affluent members of society.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Does OP know that Chicago isnt gun free anymore? The supreme court did away with that years ago.

You can legally qualify to buy a gun in Chicago, but there are several hoops to jump through.
chicagogunsmatter.org...

About 212,000 of the 3.2 million residents in Chicago are registered gun owners.
Source: www.dnainfo.com... /

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

And what exactly do they consider the root cause of the gun violence.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
But those crimes have been heavily concentrated in predominantly black, low-income neighborhoods.

But it's funny how that's not where the protests were.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think they're just fed up with the Chicago south side becoming a murderous wasteland. The city of Chicago doesn't want to put money into those areas, hospitals move or close, bad education, few business' want to operate down there..

One part of the problem is black market guns being very easy to get.

Not sure what the solution is

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

But those crimes have been heavily concentrated in predominantly black, low-income neighborhoods.

Why protest in dirt poor areas? You're not going to get help or money there.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Why protest in dirt poor areas? You're not going to get help or money there.

It's like protesting against pizza by shutting down grocery stores. All you will do is piss people off, and not the people who have any say over the thing you are protesting.

This was a publicity stunt, it had nothing to do with accomplishing anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Another part is the don't snitch attitude of the residents. Hard to solve cases when no one talks to you.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The call for MORE restrictions is the evidence of the slippery slope.

More restrictions!

More regulation!

They get more restrictions. They get more regulation. What do they do?

More restrictions!

More regulation!

The iseful idiots won't be happy until all law obiding citizens are left unable to properly defend themselves from the thugs, bangers, robbers, and over bearing central authority that have all of the remaining guns...

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I definitely see your point. However, it just gets worse and the rich politicians just blame them for not fixing their own problem. While they pump money into wealthy areas.

A community should be able to solve it's own problems. Yet there comes a time when they are incapable of doing such and the higher ups have to step in. Just like a company would for a badly managed branch.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Gun violence. Are you in favor of gun violence?

Seems all and good but I never see them protest the people who actually are causing the violence. Protest gangs, drugs, crime, etc etc...

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join