It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Heat records all over by 10 degrees

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Dropping into the 50s F here....

Historically here are some numbers....

www.intellicast.com...

don't buy the Carbon Tax crowd just saying....

From your own site for Jul 6
Record Low: 41° (1979)
Average Low: 60°

A little into the 50s is not particularly cold.
edit on 21Fri, 06 Jul 2018 21:46:55 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am just observing recorded temps... throughout history...

for my area...

Doesn't match up to the doom & gloom some folks want to perpetuate...

Asphalt Jungles are not the norm

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Exactly.... ebbs and flows.... look at most of the RECORD HIGHS.... does it lead me to believe that we are in a climate crisis...?

Not.....

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Summer balance.

The rest of the country had a sweaty, hot week of heat, which wouldn't have been too bad if there had been a little romance involved, or dinner first. But it just came thundering in like a drunk bull in a china shop, so it wasn't much fun.

Your turn.

My house didn't crack 80* on our thermometer for a change, and it's supposed to be in the 50's tonight. I could parody Pussycat Dolls and sing "don'tcha wish your locale was cool like mine", but that would be rude. And summer ain't done yet anyway, karma is fickle.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Weather has nothing to do with karma....

we had over a week of 100F heat index weather here... happens....

We now have a reprieve...

IT's nice...

It certainly isn't a climate crisis scenario...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

For your area. But how warm is it?

Asphalt Jungles are not the norm
That's true.

But it's not just the cities that are hot.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

Breaking a record means it could just break the record for one day. It could mean a high temperature hit for that particular day, or it could mean a high daily average hit for a particular day. It could mean a record was broken for any aspect of that day, the hottest temperature at eight oclock in the evening of that day can be used to call it a record breaking day.

See this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From your post. "In the last 365 days globally there have been 338 all time high records set and 48 all time lows. " Well, considering all of the sites worldwide, that isn't out of reasonability. The thing is, what was the overall average temperature and where were the unusual variations at. You can break an all time record in Alaska with a high for the day of seventy degrees since the glaciers are receding farther away from areas where monitoring is going on. Also, when a lake dries up because we sucked all the water out of the aquifers, the temperature there in that area can go up to all time highs.

I see way more than just CO2 issues being important, there are lots of variables to consider, including cutting down forests. There are a lot of things we must consider, we waste too much water which dries up our forests and they can't cool the air. I have temperatures at my house twelve to fifteen degrees lower than my older daughters house in town, my other daughter lives close to lake superior plus in the woods, her temperatures are ten degrees lower than at our house and twenty two to twenty five degrees colder than my older daughter.

I see lots of tampering with deciphering the mean temperature going on these last five years.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I notice that you ignored the historic DATA from my area.......

It's OK.. I have no agenda....

It was to be expected...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"In the last 365 days globally there have been 338 all time high records set and 48 all time lows. " Well, considering all of the sites worldwide, that isn't out of reasonability.

Also, when a lake dries up because we sucked all the water out of the aquifers, the temperature there in that area can go up to all time highs.
Is that's what's happening? All those record highs are occuring at stations near dried up reservoirs? At a ratio of 7 to 1?

I see way more than just CO2 issues being important, there are lots of variables to consider, including cutting down forests.
Forests "recycle" CO2, they convert it to leaves, which fall and rot, and release CO2 into the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong. I like trees, but they are no solution to anthropogenic CO2.

I see lots of tampering with deciphering the mean temperature going on these last five years.
You hear about it, no doubt. Do you believe everything you hear, or have you gone deeper?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I notice that you ignored the historic DATA from my area.......
I notice that you didn't read very well.

I specifically said "For your area."

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This heat and crazy weather pressures will spawn biblical hurricanes. I fear the Gulf coast is in for something bigly.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Doesn't fit the agenda much does it?

Farmers Almanac does a better job of predicting than those AGW College educated crew...

just sayin...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Doesn't fit the agenda much does it?
Not sure what agenda you're talking about but global warming does not mean everywhere will be hot and nowhere will be cold.

Farmers Almanac does a better job of predicting than those AGW College educated crew...

Climatologists don't predict weather.
edit on 7/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

LMAO...

THey just present material to back up the agenda of their donors...

So happy Mann went to PA... can't wait for PA to slapshot his arse outta PA with his own Hockey stick...

Come on man...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You went all word salad on me.

Sorry man.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Agree to disagree...

Just on a different POV...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
.....are we serious with these replies?

"summer is hot"
"global warming is fake" - it's not even called global warming, it's called climate change.
"just a conspiracy"

Record breaking by ten degrees is not just a normal summer, it's not just life as usual - the climate is changing and people are going through hardships because of it. Open your eyes just a little bit and you'll see this isn't just some doom and gloom thing, it's a real issue - now, how much involvement man has in these changes seems to be a valid like of questioning, but rejecting the issue altogether and discounting record breaking temperatures is just lunacy.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Trees absorb the heat from the sun and convert it to wood and leaves. It is way cooler in wooded areas than in fields or cities. Cut down the trees and it gets hotter in that area, pave more parking lots and roads and the area gets hotter. add lost lakes and marshes to that and local temperatures will go higher.

There are many variables to consider, even the fact that we used to have cement roads before and now most are asphault contributes to way more carbon being released into the environment, look at the squiggles over an asphault road, that gas has carbon in it and there are a hell of a lot of black roads out there now. Concrete tends to soak up heat and store it for the evening and night, asphault acts way different.

You should know all of this stuff, removing and considering variables is usually done in science to allow for things. Lately, new scientists must not be doing that, they were not trained properly by outgoing scientists. I guess college does not teach any common sense at all these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Trees absorb the heat from the sun and convert it to wood and leaves. It is way cooler in wooded areas than in fields or cities.
No, they don't absorb heat, they absorb certain wavelengths of solar radiation. And yes, trees do provide shade so it is cooler under them.

But, depending on where they are, it doesn't really seem to do the whole job.
Here's a paper:

Between 1985 and 1997, when overall forest expansion in Switzerland was approximately 4 %, the albedo RF offset the CO2 RF by an average of 40 %.
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu...

So, let's tear down cities and plant trees?
edit on 7/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

All the graphs indicate a large quick spike in the warming periods, then a quick fall off into a minimums, which seems to be the trend which we are observing now. Conjecture would be that the summers are hotter, and the winters are cooler until a point where winter snows don't melt and then the graph shows a temperature decline which runs down very fast. Due to an Albedo effect.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join