It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Heat records all over by 10 degrees

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Of course it is getting warmer - I am still amazed some people are purposely being oblivious to the obvious.

Here in Colorado, we tied the hottest day we've ever had a couple weeks back at 105. Here are the days we've hit 105 and the years:

105 - 6/28/2018
105 - 6/26/2012
105 - 6/25/2012
105 - 7/20/2005
105 - 8/8/1878

So... in the span of 140 years, 4 of the 5 hottest on record have been in the last 13 years. Three in the last 6 years. But people are going to continue to be stubborn and claim it is a coincidence. "It's summer!" Yea.. it's summer, but it's getting hotter each summer. 2017 was the 2nd hottest year on record, and that was without the influence of El Nino.

Disappearing ice caps.. I keep hearing how this is a myth as well. Here is a NASA video proving is not a myth, it's reality. But again, deniers will claim it's just the "normal order" of the planets climate:

Yet the fact remains... the climb in world temps and change of our climate in general occurred around the time of the industrial revolution on this planet, and has been ongoing since. It's ridiculously naive to just assume our planet just happened to wander into a "warming period" at the exact moment we started industrializing and spewing gigatons of coal into our atmosphere.

By the time the people of this planet react to the threat, it may well too late to fix it.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: CymaticA
I would imagine geo-engineering programs contribute to climate change much more than my car. 20 years ago, I would never see hazy grid patterns where I live(Seattle area), now I get excited when I see a deep blue sky. Seriously every other clear day has a white haze and I can easily notice the sunlight is dimmed, accompanied by a rainbow halo around the sun. This is a recent phenomenon and no mainstream mention of it even though is blatantly obvious

Increases in air travel and atmospheric pollution are causing global dimming, which has reduced energy reaching the surface by somewhere between 7% and 30%, depending on where.

I Know the difference between air pollution and watching high altitude planes spraying the sky white in a grid pattern. I won't even go into the testing of ground samples private citizens have been conducting for years now.

Seriously, pay attention to some of these "persistent contrails" and watch them spread out all day long. It starts in the morning where I live and hazes the sky all day. Coincidentally, this dimming effect only appears to happen on these particular days, where I live at least

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I won't even go into the testing of ground samples private citizens have been conducting for years now.

Do you have a link to that? Sorry.. I don't buy "chemtrails" have squat to do with global warming (or anything else.. or that they even exist).

I worked for an environmental remediation company for years. You'd be amazed at how many thousands of samples are taken daily across the U.S. in metropolitan and rural area, in streams, state parks, wells, groundwater, and so on. And in those tests, there is no ominous substances being found. No red flag indicating spraying of cities. In the past, I've even posted the results of some tests to prove the point.

Put it this way - companies that must comply with EPA regulations usually get more than one remediation company to verify they are in compliance. And those remediation companies that get the samples, and send them to more than one lab to be tested. Our company also had an expensive piece of equipment that could also sample - and they would compare the tightly controlled, CoC results with their own test results to give to the client.

And while some clients had some cleanup to do (usually as a by-product of their industry), there was no red flags of any mysterious or known substance that was popping up in all the rests, which would indicate a mass spraying over wide areas. My company (and many others) even created their own trailer that had everything necessary to test the air quality on a 24/7 basis. These would sit in areas and monitor the quality of the air constantly. They had instruments that would sit in a well and again, monitor water quality. 24/7.

And there is nothing going on. I hear about the one-off supposed tests done by citizens, but those pale in comparison to the actual testing done ALL the time. If something was there.. it would have been exposed by now. There may be the off cloud seeding or other experiment going on, but those are probably quite rare. Don't buy into the "mass spraying" over populated areas - there is no data to support it, there is massive amounts of proof it does not occur, if anyone actually took the time to look it up.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So... in the span of 140 years, 4 of the 5 hottest on record have been in the last 13 years. Three in the last 6 years. But people are going to continue to be stubborn and claim it is a coincidence. "It's summer!" Yea.. it's summer, but it's getting hotter each summer. 2017 was the 2nd hottest year on record, and that was without the influence of El Nino. 

Disappearing ice caps.. I keep hearing how this is a myth as well. Here is a NASA video proving is not a myth, it's reality. But again, deniers will claim it's just the "normal order" of the planets climate: 

Don't worry. By 2022, you will be crying because it's too cold...

Don't worry, the globalist's know this and they will be ensuring that you pay your way because it's all your fault...

Let that sink in and talk to me again in 4 years...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

I would imagine geo-engineering programs contribute to climate change much more than my car. 20 years ago, I would never see hazy grid patterns where I live(Seattle area), now I get excited when I see a deep blue sky. Seriously every other clear day has a white haze and I can easily notice the sunlight is dimmed, accompanied by a rainbow halo around the sun. This is a recent phenomenon and no mainstream mention of it even though is blatantly obvious

Increases in air travel and atmospheric pollution are causing global dimming, which has reduced energy reaching the surface by somewhere between 7% and 30%, depending on where.

I Know the difference between air pollution and watching high altitude planes spraying the sky white in a grid pattern. I won't even go into the testing of ground samples private citizens have been conducting for years now.

Seriously, pay attention to some of these "persistent contrails" and watch them spread out all day long. It starts in the morning where I live and hazes the sky all day. Coincidentally, this dimming effect only appears to happen on these particular days, where I live at least

I've been watching it for years.

They haven't been over so much the last couple of years, I wonder why?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Global warming isn't a thing, your right.

Here in the UK through this Winter (it was a long one and a very cold one) people were talking about global warming and how it is clear, its never been this cold for so long, the earths changing . . . dot dot dot . . .

....... Yet now we are having the most beautiful summer we have ver had, since back in the 60's. People are now starting to say again, global warming, it has never been this hot.

Honestly it get's to the point where even common sense does not seem to present. The weather has been both extremes and this happens every once in a while, this is NORMAL.

The only change to our earth is the very fact that earth is rolling towards the sun slowly, same as every other planet in our solar system. Humans are not causing destruction to natural weather, however you should read into termites causing more c02 emissions then humans combine. (they do not talk about that in the news however.)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My beef with this argument involves the science, and reasons for or against.

We know CO2 is a greenhouse gas that can and DOES insulate the planet, causing warmer temperatures. FACT.

We know we are putting out CO2 by way of fossil fuel production and consumption. FACT.

Some argue its negligible. Others say not so fast, and cite things like approximate total gaseous content in the atmosphere, including co2 content, and the approximate co2 emissions each year. Facts...

One camp, is concerned about the continuity of the human species and habitability of our planet. Seems legit.

The other camp, is concerned with, what, getting to drive their 2002 Ford F350 diesel, instead of a hybrid or electric, derived from solar ornother renewable sources, maybe even hydrogen or low energy nuclear in the future? Are they concerned about the gross profits and padded incomes of oil execs being stripped away? Is it just to be an argumentative contrarian?

Seriously. I want to know why people are so motivated to defend fossil fuel burning, because thats what theyre doing, whether they realize it or not.

And, I cant help, but notice, that the vast majority of folks that vehemently deny even the possibility, let alone the potentially dire and important nature of these concepts, predominantly identify as American conservatives. How the hell does political affiliation tie into the causation of this mind set?

Wait...wait for it...

Brainwashing, courtesy of big oil, lobbyists, and their minions in politics and colluding businesses.

My pops is in the energy industry, has been for 30+ years, and has been around the executive block a time or two. I can say with a resounding "yes" that corruption and deception are very, very much main strategies of big oil and other power players.

But by all means, keep drinking the kool aid.

edit on 772018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I won't even go into the testing of ground samples private citizens have been conducting for years now.

Do you have a link to that? Sorry.. I don't buy "chemtrails" have squat to do with global warming (or anything else.. or that they even exist).

I worked for an environmental remediation company for years. You'd be amazed at how many thousands of samples are taken daily across the U.S. in metropolitan and rural area, in streams, state parks, wells, groundwater, and so on. And in those tests, there is no ominous substances being found. No red flag indicating spraying of cities. In the past, I've even posted the results of some tests to prove the point.

Put it this way - companies that must comply with EPA regulations usually get more than one remediation company to verify they are in compliance. And those remediation companies that get the samples, and send them to more than one lab to be tested. Our company also had an expensive piece of equipment that could also sample - and they would compare the tightly controlled, CoC results with their own test results to give to the client.

And while some clients had some cleanup to do (usually as a by-product of their industry), there was no red flags of any mysterious or known substance that was popping up in all the rests, which would indicate a mass spraying over wide areas. My company (and many others) even created their own trailer that had everything necessary to test the air quality on a 24/7 basis. These would sit in areas and monitor the quality of the air constantly. They had instruments that would sit in a well and again, monitor water quality. 24/7.

And there is nothing going on. I hear about the one-off supposed tests done by citizens, but those pale in comparison to the actual testing done ALL the time. If something was there.. it would have been exposed by now. There may be the off cloud seeding or other experiment going on, but those are probably quite rare. Don't buy into the "mass spraying" over populated areas - there is no data to support it, there is massive amounts of proof it does not occur, if anyone actually took the time to look it up.

I can't validatet any claims of private testing, and I'm going off of memory from what I've read, so you may be right there. I do know that only recently, within the last 10 years, have we had skies being hazed out in grid patterns the entire day. Other days, with just as much noticeable air traffic, there is nothing. My proof is looking up at the sky and being observant, it's actually pretty obvious and it's only a recent phenomena in my area where there has always been high air traffic in my lifetime.
edit on 7-7-2018 by CymaticA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Solar cycles. every 8 to 10 years it's the same repeat. Same with droughts and excessive rain. I've seen several cycles in my life so far. in 5 years, you'll be talking about how cold it is...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

It was just naturally warmer.

So that means that anthropogenic CO2 doesn't cause warming?

But tell me, was most of the planet warmer during the Roman Warm Period?

Does it cause warming ?
We have yet to see any warming of significance...quite obviously some serious overreacting to everyday earth.

Do you believe everything these failed models and prophets proclaim about how things work?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Greven

Were variance studies done on the different generations of equipment?

Were calibrations done on any of the equipment?

If so, who did them and what controls were used?

It is like asking an evangelical apologist why their are 578 different versions of the Bible and the crickets that ensue...

Faith is all that is required for them that the texts the leadership send them are correct, it does not matter how many times they changed them or altered the equipment or terminologies...it must ALWAYS be followed to find the promised land.

After all, science does not lie.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: JacKatMtn

The thing is, the OPs situation (and yours) involves weather, not global averages, not climate.

Global warming does not mean everywhere will be hot. Nor does it mean nowhere will be cold.

It is a classic liberal theme..it really means nothing but we should all be bloody scared that it might.

The reptilian mind gets activated far too much on the left.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: JacKatMtn

Doesn't fit the agenda much does it?
Not sure what agenda you're talking about but global warming does not mean everywhere will be hot and nowhere will be cold.

Farmers Almanac does a better job of predicting than those AGW College educated crew...

Climatologists don't predict weather.

Gotta love science huh.."we know how things work" but we "can't say how" therefore we "just won't".

" Let us claim that climate and weather are 2 different things so noone can pin us down on our 100% failure rates in prediction ".

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"Inconvenient Truth" seems to be very accurate.

Many humans that consider something an inconvenience to them conveniently find excuses of denial.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've been ice fishing for 4 decades. Every winter I watch when the ice comes and goes on the lakes. Winters are getting warmer also. The last 15 years we haven't had as long of ice fishing seasons as we use to. With the exception of this past winters but the 2 winters before that we didn't get any ice. If you look at pictures from 60 years ago of glaciers they've been getting smaller. Either we're hitting a warm cycle in the planets weather or 7 billion people are having an effect on the climate. My moneys on the latter.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Why is it predominantly a liberal political view that is utterly close minded to the ideas that all of this science could be very wrong.

If one cannot predict weather remotely accurately all too often using all the data sets and sensors and knowledge they have gained then WHEN does it become necessary to realize they are MISSING THE MARK across the board...failing to recognize myriads of details...

And the fact that perhaps they have NO IDEA how things work.

It seems to me that the Oil Industry you have been taught that is the evil demon could just as easily be controlling the climate scientists.

When does it become reasonable that we could get climate forecasts..even remotely accurate winter forecasts for where I live?

It should be embarassing that these scientists are so incredibly wrong.

But no doubling down and believing C02 is what we should focus on is most of what we get.

I wager science either has no real clue as to how things work or purposefully lies and has its religions too cloud the issues.

BIG OIL just needs the climate crowd alone to convince us that science is a very VERY TIGHTLY CONTROLLED sect of a sort that needs SORTING OUT.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I do know that only recently, within the last 10 years, have we had skies being hazed out in grid patterns the entire day.

I won't dispute what you have seen in the sky... I'm just saying whatever you are seeing, is not someone spraying something that is falling to earth. Because nothing is being found. The last time I had these arguments with folks in the chemtrails forum, was after I posted actual data, the argument was then that whatever was being sprayed was simply completely undetectable and unfindable. Which is a complete cop out and a ludicrous position that no one can argue against. "There are unicorns! Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist!" Yea.. I can't disprove unicorns, either. : )

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

Solar cycles. every 8 to 10 years it's the same repeat. Same with droughts and excessive rain. I've seen several cycles in my life so far. in 5 years, you'll be talking about how cold it is...

Did you watch the video of the ice dissipating over 17 years? No cycles there. Just steady loss of older arctic ice.

Don't worry. By 2022, you will be crying because it's too cold...

And if by 2022, we've had a couple more record summers, and further warming in the oceans, will you adjust your prediction another 5 years? And then another?

Not sure why people keep suggesting that globalists are profiting. Any money made from a climate change "agenda" is minuscule when compared to the much more lucrative industries like say.. oil and coal. You are right.. there are people with an agenda, and they have the power and money to actually convince people there is "Nothing to see here!" Sort of like when the scientists were bought to tell congress that smoking was 100% safe.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CymaticA

I do know that only recently, within the last 10 years, have we had skies being hazed out in grid patterns the entire day.

It's been happening for a lot longer than that:
From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

But, if anything, those contrail clouds are warming, not cooling the planet.
www.bbc.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hottest in the UK since 1976. I love it when some dopey thicktard says "I love it when someone says it's hot for a week snd calls it global wsrming". Been hotter and drier here in the UK and just about everywhere else (except Oregon) than in the past 50 years. Just coinkadink.

edit on 7-7-2018 by KeithCooper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join