It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, another Sabotage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I dont fully understand this news.
but to me it looks like they are going to use this to sabotage brexit.
could this make the last vote not legal?
and have a new vote?
if so it will come with a LOT of legal baggage.
years till a new vote! lose the right to a new vote?
can some one say more on this?

Link to BBC news

"Vote Leave broke electoral law, Electoral Commission expected to say.
The official Brexit campaign is expected to be found guilty of four
charges of breaking electoral law, the BBC has been told.
The draft of an investigation into Vote Leave concludes it broke
spending limits and failed to comply with some of the rules."

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Yeah, they plan to re-vote on it until they get the result they want.

BREXIT? No, Soros Funding Brexit Re-Vote Campaign, Set To Launch "In The Next Few Days"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

George Soros revealed that he has been quietly pouring money into a campaign for a second Brexit referendum set to begin "in the next few days," according to the billionaire.

According to the billionaire, another referendum "would be good for Britain but would also render Europe a great service by rescinding Brexit and not creating a hard-to-fill hole in the European budget. But the British public must express its support by a convincing margin in order to be taken seriously by Europe. That’s what the Best for Britain is aiming for by engaging the electorate. It will publish its manifesto in the next few days."

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

BREXIT? No, Soros Funding Brexit Re-Vote Campaign, Set To Launch "In The Next Few Days"

George Soros revealed that he has been quietly pouring money into a campaign for a second Brexit referendum set to begin "in the next few days," according to the billionaire.

According to the billionaire, another referendum "would be good for Britain but would also render Europe a great service by rescinding Brexit and not creating a hard-to-fill hole in the European budget. But the British public must express its support by a convincing margin in order to be taken seriously by Europe. That’s what the Best for Britain is aiming for by engaging the electorate. It will publish its manifesto in the next few days."

It would be more than hilarious to have a re-vote and Leave win again though

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: infolurker

It would be more than hilarious to have a re-vote and Leave win again though

Well, they did it to Ireland when Ireland voted not to join the EU.

Revote until they get the answer they want.

www.theguardian.com...

As soon as the Irish people's ballots were counted in June, their rejection of Lisbon was treated as the "wrong" answer, as if they had been taking part in a multiple-choice maths exam and had failed to work out that 2+2=4. Now, they will be given a chance to sit the exam again, "until [they] come up with the right answer," says George Galloway, attacking EU elitism. The notion that the Irish "got it wrong" exposes gobsmacking ignorance about democracy in the upper echelons of the EU. The very fact that a majority of Irish people said no to Lisbon made it the "right answer", true and sovereign and final. "No" really does mean no.

The Irish were subjected to a tirade of slanderous abuse when they dared to reject officials' carefully crafted and profound (in truth, overlong and turgid) document on the future of the EU. One Brussels official described them as "ungrateful bastards", on the basis that Ireland has received lots of handouts from the EU and thus should be more obedient to its paymaster. Pro-EU commentators blamed "populist demagogues" for cajoling the Irish into voting no, and said the EU's plans should not be "derailed by lies and disinformation".

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what the common people want, their votes can be nulled by a new vote after they brainwash more people to fear Brexit.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Kind of makes you wonder if the "Threat" Bono spoke about on Monday wasn't Trump, but rather was Soros doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If they tried to void the last referendum we did, it would cause untold chaos. Every possible angle that could be used to change the result has been thought about I would imagine.
I want them to void it because if they do, they would be in for the biggest ass wooping ever.

The people would just vote leave again. We might be jolly 'ol England but we can fight when we need to.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Two words ; George Soros.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The Electoral Commission would be irresponsible if they did not investigate and report irregularities in the accounts of any side to an election. In the UK to make election campaigning fair and equal there are financial limits and other constraints put on the campaigners. This is in contrast to other countries where the amount of money spent impacts your success e.g. in the US, and reduces the ability of poorer groups and individuals taking part.

This won't lead to another referendum. What it will lead to improvements in future process. Also note that it's a DRAFT report, so the work is ongoing and the Leave Campaign is contesting the findings.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hilarious how the rules apply only when it is convenient for the select few holding power.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Drop in the ocean when compared to the extra 9 million quid the government spent on those stupid leaflets for the remain side.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The remainers will try everything and anything to keep access to the EU gravy train.

They will try and push for a second referendum, a soft Brexit, or BRINO (Brexit-In-Name-Only), set up new trade agreements and treaties like the European Army, and increase the number of Europeans in the UK in order to sway any future - more students, more workers. Eventually, it's just a matter of time that they will replace enough of the population.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Brexit was a farce to begin with, it was all started to quell feuds in the Tory party, however all that stirring up hatred of foreigners, went too far. Brexit was sabotaged by the Leave campaign lying, no-one else, and MAYBOT screwing up the negotiations.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You went full tin foil hat

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
If they tried to void the last referendum we did, it would cause untold chaos. Every possible angle that could be used to change the result has been thought about I would imagine.
I want them to void it because if they do, they would be in for the biggest ass wooping ever.

The people would just vote leave again. We might be jolly 'ol England but we can fight when we need to.

Massively agree!
I know loads of 'remain' voters who have switched to 'leave' since the EU has been playing hardball in the divorce negotiations. I think another vote would be with a bigger leave margin than the last one. The european commission have pissed a lot of Brits off, and there's no better way to unite people than play hardball against their nation.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I had this debate a few days ago on social media and have already said we will not get Brexit and as a leave voter I will be done with politics. My Vote will go to UKIP from now on. We will get a form of Brexit in name only. The recent rumour of an offer on single/free trade that allows us to trade with the rest of the but we still have to accept the laws and rules of the EU not just when it comes to trade but most other things is probably what they'll agree to and we will be screwed. It's a shame because I want a real Brexit, hell if I were PM we would've left within the first few months and dealt with the trade etc. afterwards. We are one of the biggest contributors to the EU which is why they are fighting tooth and nail to keep us in so leaving as soon as the vote was done would've been enough pressure from companies in their own country to get us a good trade deal but nope we have a government who is to scared to stand up to the evil that is the EU.

Hell Trump might not be your cup of tea but he bloody well should be in charge of our EU negotiations.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shminkee Pinkee
Brexit was a farce to begin with, it was all started to quell feuds in the Tory party,

The Conservatives are a broad church. Many have conflicting opinions which is health IMHO. The fact that the referendum chimed and showed the majority wanted out of the EU does actually vindicate the reason for holding a referendum.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It won't result in a re-election, the election results stand, this is just a draft report into whether Leave acted illegally. The EC doesn't have the power to declare results null and void, it's never happened in history of UK Politics and there's no interest or calls for another referendum to be held from politicians, press or public.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Let me get this right!!!, They don't like to be told what to do with their Country by a bunch of lefty globalists in Brussels.....Amazing!!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Hi man, fellow leaver, not trying to antagonise with this question but as far as I recall we were asked if we should remain or leave, there were zero details of how any choice would be resolved, as far as I can tell its going as expected....total mess

But I do believe we will leave the EU as we voted that day, the finer details were not decided by the X we placed in the leaver box

This is just politicians being politicians, look at the irony of Farage still has an email at the EU, I bet he is still claiming expenses

Dont trust ANY of them

Nigel Farage EU page
edit on 5-7-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

top topics

join