It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: North Korea: Japan, U.S. plotting invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Stating that Japan was trying to revive the pre world war 2 concept of a "Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere". The Stalinist regime further accused Japan and the United States of plotting an invasion. State media also indicated that Japan has adopted the United State's "vicious hostile policy" towards its country over the perceived and fabricated military threat.

www.cnn.com
(CNN) -- North Korea has accused Japan of aspiring to rule a "Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere" beginning with an invasion of Korea with the assistance of the United States.

Rodong Sinmun, North Korea's state newspaper, said Sunday the Japanese had joined with the United States' "vicious hostile policy" toward North Korea and that the "military threat" they perceive from the Koreans "is a far-fetched allegation fabricated by themselves."

The paper's comments followed a day of talks in Washington between U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and their Japanese counterparts on the two countries' security relationship.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Do the Kim regime propagandist's get their training at Marvel comics. I understand the comic book statements for public consumption, but do they actually think the world listens to this endless ranting? Japan is the closest target for Kim to hit after the South and they are understandable concerned by his rantings. No doubt the recent build up and changes in the Japanese defense policy are aimed at both North Korea as well as China. It also helps that with Japan firmly on the U.S. side, basing for any potential North Korean responce is simplified.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is so funny now is Japan and US the ones to want world domination, I though it was China and US, or..........US and Uk I am confused now.

Any way by the time anybody do something to control NK, is going to be to late.

They are good at playing with words while making sure they get all the nuclear weapons they can make and pile.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Since WW2 when has Japan ever made a action that could have been thought of as hostile or aggressive? I mean whats next are they going to accuse Canada of having a "vicious hostile policy" That would be about as believed as saying it about Modern Japan. They have security concerns on what goes on in their area but I would hardly call that hostile more like smart with countries like N Korea in striking distance.

N Korea really needs to work harder on its Propaganda it tries to feed to the world. It might work on his people that really have no access to the outside world and truly believe N Korea is the best place on earth to live and purely peaceful. Buts its not working on the rest of us.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The invasion scenario's have probably been dusted off lately and given the once over just in case.

The important thing to remember is that the North Korean public don't have the same access to information as we do. They'll believe this state report.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
North Korean's by and large buy into this propaganda hook line and sinker. Both Kim and his father aka "Great leader" have created this cult of personality that preys on the traditions and loyalty of the Korean people. How else could he have maintained his iron grip on power through the ongoing famine etc. Any alternative news sources are at best radio and anybody who listens is at great risk. So internaly events are spun to suit Kim's megalomanical whims.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
A straight-jacket wouldn't do Kim justice

Kim had better add China into the mix, eh?
U.S., China agree on North Korea nukes

SEOUL, South Korea - The United States and China agree that North Korea must end its nuclear ambitions....

Poor Kim. More Prozac?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sorry Kim, you don't have oil. You are just entertainment for us the rest of the world. I want to be a dictator, it looks like fun.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caldron of Hate
Sorry Kim, you don't have oil. You are just entertainment for us the rest of the world. I want to be a dictator, it looks like fun.

Yes they get almost all of thier oil from China and remain the biggest reciver of foreign aid from China. You would think that China has a bit more pull no.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If your idea of fun is driving your citizens to starvation, arresting and imprisoning
millions and controlling every thought and action then knock yourself out.

North Korea is the world's most oppressive regime. It is truly a world unto
itself. If you want to get a better perspective of North Korea watch "Inside
North Korea" a documentary now in rotation on Cinemax.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHorseChestnut

If your idea of fun is driving your citizens to starvation, arresting and imprisoning
millions and controlling every thought and action then knock yourself out.

North Korea is the world's most oppressive regime. It is truly a world unto
itself. If you want to get a better perspective of North Korea watch "Inside
North Korea" a documentary now in rotation on Cinemax.

Don't assume I don't know. Do you know that we, our government, and every goverment has done the same. I'd be happy being a dictator. Dictators don't think about the means to get them there and keep them there, they just enjoy being there.
archives.cnn.com...
Part of the reason for the starvation is because of our sanctions for their leader's defiance of non-proliferation treaties. So, partly we are to blame and partly Kim.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The definition of irony:-)

teaming up with someone who has nuked you in the past
to agrivate someone who may nuke you in the future :-)

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I just saw a special on NK today and it was horrible. their capital was empty there was 10 guests in a 47 story hotel and the city was deserted.It was on HBO and it was called this is n. korea. The guides were like robots and prasied their leader every other sentence they were also followed by a political officer. That country has no food and no hope.

new topics

top topics

join