It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could do one thing over

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleepI'm sorry you're sad. Have you considered finding a reputable medium in order to contact your friend? Also, please consider giving your friend permission to contact you in your dreams, that may help. Good luck and best wishes.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I would have never taken my first drink of alcohol.
Me too.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Long ago, in galaxy far far away. My first big crush Jan, wanted to be intimate. I, being the complete fool I was at the time, wanted to wait until marriage. Long story short, we split up, and married others and eventually I got word that she passed away.
Now that it doesn’t matter, I have been with lot’s of women, and I love my wife, but I truly regret turning Jan away. I think of her often, and I think we could have been wonderful together. Perhaps she was the one for me. If I had one regret in my life, that’s it.
You can never go back, but if I could, I surely would.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Never walked into that classroom and saw *the* ex g/f in Junior High.

My life wouldn't (still) be absolute hell. Look thru past posts for a general idea.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I had just graduated from the 8th grade, got a letter from the private high school to which I had been accepted asking me whether I wanted to take advanced mathematics courses or just the standard courses.

I had received straight “A”’s throughout elementary school and I was tired of the work.

Like a fool, I chose to take the standard courses.

To this day, I wonder what I could have become had I made a different choice.

Sometimes, I even wonder if I would still be alive if I had followed the “expected” course.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Lmfao!! I would be a millionaire several times over!
a reply to: KansasGirl

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
That sucks. We lost aour Lab to old age and my wife still tears up seeing his pic. Couldnt imagine having to leave them!

a reply to: Justso

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I LOVE tha name! It reminds me od Mr. Ed.

a reply to: FreeFalling

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wow....thats tough. I believe in a womans choice but the thought of an abortion really disgusts me.

a reply to: khnum

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Thats a really tough one though. You would have had to go through the pain of losing her early. I have a girl i think about too....but then i wouldnt have my adorable grandbabies!!!!!a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
At one time I'd have taken that one movie deal that would have changed my life. Glad I didnt' now, things took a turn and worked out better because of it.
edit on 1-7-2018 by Archonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Ummmm...how could they 'text' you if you didn't have a phone?

Curious.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Mine is just kind of a dumb one, but here goes...

I was a senior in HS and was informed by a friend that the absolute hottest girl in our school wanted to date me. This was a real stunner for me, why she wanted to go out with me I'll never know. We eventually got together and started dating, and oh boy was she HOT! I'm talking like heat just radiated off of this gal. She was full-on Mormon though, so I played it cool. Spent many a night making out with her, but never really going much further than this. (boy-o-boy I wanted to though!!!)

She kind of drifted away and we eventually stopped dating. I was just love struck by this girl and thought about her all the time. I was kind of torn though because I had no intention of converting to be Mormon (though she never tried to make me). Still, I thought of her for many years.

Fast forward to our 10 year Class Reunion and she's just as hot as she ever was. Shortly afterwards I find out the reason she drifted away was because I DIDN'T go all the way with her! Really? Like, REALLY????? DAMMIT!!! Just DAMMIT!!

Here I was trying to be Mr. Nice-guy, goody two shoes and that was the exact opposite of what she wanted! By the time I found out she was already married, had two kids and another on the way.

I still kick myself almost 40 years later over that one. What a bonehead move.

Women, the most beguiling creatures on this planet!

ETA...And, if that wasn't bad enough, when I found this out I also found out that the reason she had broken up with her previous b/f was because he made the exact same mistake!! Gawd, if I'd only known!
edit on 7/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

On my pc of course. lol

People texted each other through messengers before phones.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh man......thats a kick in the dic!!!! We talking model hot or slutty bartender hot?
.a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

My post will likely not be as light hearted as I think you were looking for but, perhaps it will help me to 'get it off of my chest'.

If I could go back I would not have waited as long as I did to seek emergency treatment for my Mother. She was in a skilled nursing facility and I only trusted them to an extent and even though I kept a watchful eye on her (or so I thought) for those two weeks, it wasn't nearly enough. Her downfall was swift and brutally final and I just can't seem to alleviate the guilt so I suppose it is my new cross to bear.
I've heard all of the platitudes about doing what I could and her living a long life and etc etc. It doesn't change the fact that I will always believe that my inaction may have led to her suffering and eventual untimely death.
So, I would change that, if I could.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That OK...writing it own helps. I went through a similar situation with my mother, but the hospital kept feeding us with false hopes that she might survive her stroke. They basically milked her insurance dry, then tossed her in a hospice where we finally had to demand they turn the machines off. She never had a chance from day 1, and I knew it, but I wasn't aggressive or knowledgeable enough to ask the right questions. It was 6 weeks of waiting.

We can only speculate about an alternate outcome though, and the thought that it MIGHT have turned out different. I mean Screadto sleep might have been walking into a trap with those to girls!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

We're talking Cheryl Ladd (in the 80's) hot...like smokin' hot!

edit on 7/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Seriously....you let Cheryl freakin Ladd go? That's it.....hand in your man card ASAP!

Whenever we went to Red Flag in Vegas, a couple of the fellas would head up to the border on the weekend as, allegedly, there were some hot spots where Mormon girls would cross over to go buy booze. I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such a town.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was asleep when my dog passed.
He was in the room with me.
All I had to do was hold him and pray.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join