It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Manager Sacked After Refusing to Serve Customer in MAGA Hat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of people could just not do things to other's food.
edit on 30 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks .............Ya Big Ape !...........)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have restaurants and cooks I trust and ones I don't . So we will chalk it up to a trust thing and weather or not it matters

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Being one of the last of the "Southern Gentlemen" why the HADES was he wearing a cap inside ?
That is a big no-no.
You take a hat off AS you enter a building.
A polite thing to do .
No matter what the hat says.
I side with the manager in this case on the grounds of moral character .
Take the dang cap off.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Suppose that Trump Supporter was a Devout Jew , would you then make him take his Yarmulke Off to ? ....Hmm.....

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Arnie123
However, thanks to this mans stupidity, he had to make it political.

He MADE it political? I'd counter that wearing a MAGA hat is political.

Wow, so now society is becoming so fascist you can’t wear the non-profane clothing that you want? Let alone a hat with MAGA on it, an acronym that could mean anything?

Businesses should know to stay out of politics (and religion) unless they want to lose half their business or more.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Suppose that Trump Supporter was a Devout Jew , would you then make him take his Yarmulke Off to ? ....Hmm.....

Is that classified as a hat or a religious article ?
Is a MAGA hat a religious article ?
Enquiring minds need to know.
I guess I answered the ignorant question for you .
Neither would I ask a Sikh to remove a dastaar .

edit on 6/30/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Being one of the last of the "Southern Gentlemen" why the HADES was he wearing a cap inside ?

Patio dining?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Does it have a cover ?
Do you see any but one cap there ?
On what appears to be a young person ?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Does it have a cover ?
Do you see any but one cap there ?
On what appears to be a young person ?

I see TWO hats in the photo I posted. Other photos (online) showing a much more extensive view of the large dining patio show more people with hats/sunglasses, etc.

There is also a large glassed-in ceiling/walls conservatory dining room (very sunny).

I'd certainly wear a hat and sunglasses there on a sunny summer day.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Not that was reported. Although wearing any hat while dining is poor form.

Because your cultural norm is the only one that is acceptable? Many middle eastern people would tell you uncovering the head would be poor form.

Well the next time I'm dining in Afghanistan I'll make sure to wear some headgear.

when were you there last?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Arnie123
However, thanks to this mans stupidity, he had to make it political.

He MADE it political? I'd counter that wearing a MAGA hat is political.

Wow, so now society is becoming so fascist you can’t wear the non-profane clothing that you want? Let alone a hat with MAGA on it, an acronym that could mean anything?

Businesses should know to stay out of politics (and religion) unless they want to lose half their business or more.

Just saw another report of this and apparently the hat actually spelled out “Make America Great Again”. That’s what I get for believing what I originally read! Please disregard my acronym reference.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

My friend used to work for that group of restaurants. He left because the managers are a bunch of idiots. This isn't surprising. Vancouver has a lot of #ing people like that.

Haha the Teahouse is a liberal arts major treehugger restaurant.

Been their a few times even 20 years ago i was amazed at how the atmosphere was.

This is hilarious for someone to wear Maga in there...

Next should be Liberalism find a Cure etc.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So Liberal Commie Canada ends up protecting a persons "Political affiliation" and America didn't, oh the irony.
edit on 30-6-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
This happened in Canada. If I was Canadian I’d be angry at all you yanks bringing your dirty politics up here to gods country.

So I stand with the manager.

We are upset...and Trudeau must go and the momentum is building..people finally believing and seeing that our PM's heroine was a joke now want this guy gone.

Left leaners are increasingly scoffed at despite all our media trying to be just like America.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hmm.... In Other News.........

" Woman bites off part of restaurant owner’s ear "

WXYZ:

A woman was arrested for allegedly biting off part of a man’s ear during a fight with the man at a Macomb County Chinese restaurant on Thursday night.

According to deputies, they were called to China 1 Restaurant in Mt. Clemens around 9:40 p.m. When they arrived, they found a man with his ear partially bitten off and a woman with a large bump on her forehead.

Deputies say 24-year-old Jade Anderson walked ito the restaurant complaining about her order. She was complaining to the owners, who are also the victims in the assault.

Due to a language barrier, the victim’s son translated what Anderson was saying to his parents. That’s when Anderson allegedly pushed the son and threw her food onto the floor. She then started assaulting the female victim, and the male victim stepped in to protect his wife.

That’s when Anderson started assaulting the man. As she was pushed out of the store, she bit the man on the ear, partially detaching it.

A sign on the restaurant Friday afternoon said it was closed “for some reasons.”

I Guess Civility in Restaurants is Not on the Menu Anymore.......(

michaelsavage.com...
edit on 30-6-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The behavior displayed by this manager is considered completely acceptable in Vancouver.

If this was a small, private, one owner establishment, the manager would be cheered locally.

"I stand by my decision to ask the patron to remove his hat. The MAGA hat has come to symbolize racism, bigotry, Islamophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, homophobia. As a person with a strong moral backbone, I had to take a stand against this guest's choice of headwear while in my former place of work," he wrote.

Where do these people get their information?

Its the "in" thing to show hostity and "take a stand" against... voters?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Is that classified as a hat or a religious article ?
Is a MAGA hat a religious article ?
Enquiring minds need to know.
I guess I answered the ignorant question for you .
Neither would I ask a Sikh to remove a dastaar .

Whether it is religious or political, it is protected ftom descrimination, along side gender and sexual orientation.

Being allowed to support a political party without being publically humiliated used to be 'thing' once upon a time...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If I owned a busness and a manger turned away a customer with money I would fire him in a heart beat . I hired him. To do his job not. Turn people away because of his belief.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
This happened in Canada. If I was Canadian I’d be angry at all you yanks bringing your dirty politics up here to gods country.

So I stand with the manager.

Without a job anymore too?

Don't you get it? People are not tools in your shed of 'hate'.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join