It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Amendment 14 does not have anything to do with immigration.

TheRedneck

The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the issue well over a century ago. But even before the court laid the issue to rest, a principal author of the Constitution, James Madison, the fourth president of the United States, wrote: "that as they [aliens], owe, on the one hand, a temporary obedience, they are entitled, in return, to their [constitutional] protection and advantage."

More recently, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Zadvydas v. Davis (2001) that "due process" of the 14th Amendment applies to all aliens in the United States whose presence maybe or is "unlawful, involuntary or transitory."

Twenty years before Zadvydas, the Supreme Court ruled that the state of Texas could not enforce a state law that prohibited illegally present children from attending grade schools, as all other Texas children were required to attend.
thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There was about ten people holding protest signs in my small town on Saturday. We all laughed and waved as we drove by. At least they are self identifying themselves as low IQ sheeple.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There are 5 green frogs in my yard.

That has as much to do with this conversation as what you posted. But, believe what you will.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't see why. The article I linked was all about SCOTUS rulings that the 14th Amendment and Due Process rights apply to illegal immigrants.

The critics all claim that undocumented workers or immigrants or migrants — whichever label is the flavor of the day — don't have legal rights because they are lawbreakers by entering the country illegally and owe no loyalty to the United States. They claim that only U.S. citizens (natural born or naturalized) are protected by the Constitution. The critics are not only wrong — they are really, truly and sincerely wrong.

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the issue well over a century ago.

So yes, the 14th Amendment and Due Proccess are rights aforded to even illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't see why. The article I linked was all about SCOTUS rulings that the 14th Amendment and Due Process rights apply to illegal immigrants.

The critics all claim that undocumented workers or immigrants or migrants — whichever label is the flavor of the day — don't have legal rights because they are lawbreakers by entering the country illegally and owe no loyalty to the United States. They claim that only U.S. citizens (natural born or naturalized) are protected by the Constitution. The critics are not only wrong — they are really, truly and sincerely wrong.

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the issue well over a century ago.

So yes, the 14th Amendment and Due Proccess are rights aforded to even illegal immigrants.

Uh huh,but this only applies IF they cross into the country. SO make the crossing deadly enough they wont try it. OR let them see a judge for 5 mins. declare them illegal then deport them. There was the due process of a speedy trial.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

They already get due process. Just what do you think due process is?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No they're not, not when they enter claiming asylum and are arressted for illegal entry before their asylum case is lodged. They are deemed guilty before their crime has been established, because it isn't illegal to enter the country to seek asylum.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No they're not, not when they enter claiming asylum and are arressted for illegal entry before their asylum case is lodged. They are deemed guilty before their crime has been established, because it isn't illegal to enter the country to seek asylum.

It’s illegal to cross the border where it’s not a designated port of entry though.

Even if an American citizen tried to enter the country in an area that was not a port of entry then they would also be arrested.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

*sigh*

Yes, it is illegal to enter the country illegally. I know, you don't want it to be. Sorry. Lobby Congress; they're the only ones who can change that. I can't.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The difference is there are witnesses to the illegal entry crime.

All stop at that point.

Understand what "conflicts" with laws are and you'll eventually "get it" (maybe).

"Asylum" does not mean an automatic immunity from prosecution of other crimes.

💥📙💥

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

EXCEPT when it comes to abortion.

Families don't have to stick together.

Even Stevie Wonder can't see the logic of current protests.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think he'll ever get it.

Asylum only absolves the illegal border crossing if granted.

Asylum claims prevent deportation until asylum is either granted or denied.

That's it.

I am curious, though... I wonder if Mexico is party to that UN requirement (or wherever it's from; I consider such things secondary to our laws)? It would be interesting for a group of those protesting so loudly to illegally cross into Mexico and try to claim asylum just to see what kind of treatment they would receive.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

yes . Why the USA . could it be better benefits ? why not Canada or Mexico ? They have been coming here for years . Why the big deal now . Trump enforces the Law and he is evil for that ? How about it's a media hyped reason to make Trump look bad . personally I care more about the people in this country .

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join